General Discussion

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you...you have been a great motivator and example for many of us....you will be missed but you can always check back in to say hello and update us on your progress....I feel like a little bird is leaving the nest!
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    All the best on this break and I do hope it helps you overcome!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,637 Member
    Options
    emmyjaykay wrote: »
    ... start learning to trust my body ...

Your post pulled at my heartstrings. I know I will be following you soon and hope that I am aware enough to follow that trail when the time is right, rather than wait too long.

Please do come back and let us know how it is going on this next leg of your journey. Intuitive Eating is my goal also and I'm making my way through that workbook but haven't gotten very far yet.

Thank you for your support and feedback.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I think I will always need to count calories, weigh and measure my foods....in 69 1/2 years the other way ain’t workin’
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Something that made me snicker/ sigh in exasperation today: I was in a department store and happened to notice signs on several of the clothing displays that read "We've updated our sizing! Know your size? Try a size down."

Seriously??? During a time when most fitting rooms are closed, you decide it's a great time to change your sizing??? And during a time when lots of people are ordering things online, they would just be unknowingly ordering a size that will no longer fit? Scratching my head...just makes things even more confusing for those of us who are changing size ourselves too...
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    @emmyjaykay Best of luck to you!! I've really enjoyed having you on the boards. And congratulations on recognizing those early warning signs, and most importantly, doing something about it. Come back and check in if it is safe/healthy for you, and if not, best wishes, you'll do great!!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 is that a new picture for your profile? Because you are really looking good! That was a very flattering shot for you! :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 is that a new picture for your profile? Because you are really looking good! That was a very flattering shot for you! :)

And your new pictures leaves me feeling so hopeful for spring...those bright red berries are so invigorating!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

Thanks...it’s the bottom of my head shot picture lol...I need another new one...I recently discovered I have collar bones!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options

Thanks...it’s the bottom of my head shot picture lol...I need another new one...I recently discovered I have collar bones!

*laughs* I remember hitting that discovery! Wait until you realize you have a rib cage too! lol
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Has anyone been in contact with Novus?...I am beginning to be concerned with his absence....it isn’t like him to be gone for this long...I hope he is alright....
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Also wanted to mention that Merph hasn’t been on MFP for a few months and Jackie isn’t here very often...a big thank you to Bmeadows who is reaching out to us....I am not a leader of this group but I think Bmeadows could use some help greeting new comers and offering advice and support...what do you all think?....
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Also wanted to mention that Merph hasn’t been on MFP for a few months and Jackie isn’t here very often...a big thank you to Bmeadows who is reaching out to us....I am not a leader of this group but I think Bmeadows could use some help greeting new comers and offering advice and support...what do you all think?....

I've been trying - but I'm kinda new so am unsure sometimes? But I remember how good it felt to be welcomed to the group.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

I've been trying - but I'm kinda new so am unsure sometimes? But I remember how good it felt to be welcomed to the group.

I do not have the knowledge and statistics that Novus does....we can all pitch in where we can but we are really needing him!....he is my guru lol....

I just hope he is alright..I reached out to Pav ( the number genie guy ) but he hasn’t talked to him either...

Maybe Bmeadows will have some thoughts and I will get hold of Jackie as she is on my Friends list!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm part of another group that has a "daily habit checkin" which I find useful. Problem is that there aren't too many people "checking" in on a daily basis in that group so it doesn't really enhance the "accountability" thing that I was hoping for. I bet it would work really well here though!

Here is an example of one person's daily habit check in. You come up with your own 5 habits that you are trying to develop and you can/but don't have to add more detail explaining your day.

Feb 1:
    Calories: eat under goal 1500. Met - 1400 calories
    Exercise: take 10,000 steps. Met
    Water: drink 96 oz. Missed - 72 oz
    Protein: eat 100g. Met - 102 g!
    Mindfulness: eat only when hungry - no mindless snacking. Met

Earned 4 points toward a weekly potential of 35 points.

At the end of the week - we can pick a day - we'll post a chart showing how well each of us did that week. I will volunteer to put together the chart.

What do you all think? Is anyone else interested???
  • cremorna1
    cremorna1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I too miss Novus! Connie, I think you are doing a great job of keeping this group lively! Thank you very much for that.

Of course Laurie, amart, Alexandra, Dante and other are also posting regularly. It's always a joy to read you all!!

I am interested in the daily habit posting. I could really use it as a kick in the *** to get back to logging, eating less and moving more! We could start on Monday, maybe? (Hehe, notice the old start-on-Monday there! But seriously, this week I am swamped in deadlines!)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I would participate in this Check In, too....please feel free to open the discussion area for it Laurie!...thank you for suggesting this and charting it....let’s do this!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Great! I will do that this evening, and we can officially start on Monday to give everyone a chance to "join" ... :)