General Discussion

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    It is not uncommon to have a lull over the holidays. Traffic should start to pick back up.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @bmeadows380 How's it going on the guy front? I have loved reading about it. Hope your holiday was magical!
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    @bmeadows380 I am so happy for you!! This may be exactly what you need at the exact time you need it. If his job is a permanent and you aren't super happy in yours maybe the universe is tell you that WV is the place to look. I can't wait to hear all about how the Valentines trip goes! I can feel the butterflies from here lol.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    @gewel321

I just may do something wild and crazy this summer lol :grin:

After the anxiety of 2020 - wouldn't that be wonderful!
  • I'm here. Feeling a little bruised and shaken due to the happenings of 1/6, but otherwise okay. I gained while theoretically on maintenance over December, so clearly I will have to revisit what maintenance calories for me actually are next time I do that. I have two pounds yet to lose back to where I was when I paused the weight loss, which is not pleasing, but it is what it is.

I'd like to lose another 50 pounds in '21... well, actually, I'd like to lose another 80, but until we get things to where I'm comfortable going to the gym, I'm not going to set my sights too high. 50 pounds would get me close enough to my goal to perhaps start figuring out what surgeries to deal with the diastasis recti and such are needed. (I don't WANT to get a breast reduction, but if they don't go down when everything else does, I will.) There's also a torn ankle tendon I need to get fixed and probably some bunions at some point, and I'd rather do any orthopedic stuff when I'm not hauling so much weight.

Also, engagement will be happening in '21. So I'd like to look better in those pictures.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    Has anyone experienced terrible cravings after getting back on plan from a few days of overeating? I went well over maintenance calories for about 5 days around New Year's but since Monday I've been trying really hard to stick to my deficit. I just can't figure out why I've had the worst cravings all week - I desperately want to binge, just buy an entire cake or a large pizza and eat it all in one sitting. My usual triggers for binging are either unpleasant emotions (none of which are particularly strong lately) or TOM, which shouldn't start until Wednesday and I usually only feel the urge to binge in the day or two before starting. Could these cravings just be a sort of "hangover" from my days of overindulgence?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced terrible cravings after getting back on plan from a few days of overeating? I went well over maintenance calories for about 5 days around New Year's but since Monday I've been trying really hard to stick to my deficit. I just can't figure out why I've had the worst cravings all week - I desperately want to binge, just buy an entire cake or a large pizza and eat it all in one sitting. My usual triggers for binging are either unpleasant emotions (none of which are particularly strong lately) or TOM, which shouldn't start until Wednesday and I usually only feel the urge to binge in the day or two before starting. Could these cravings just be a sort of "hangover" from my days of overindulgence?

I often find I have to ease back into a deficit otherwise I don't adjust well and want all the things, I think it's totally psychological rather than physiological. So I've been adjusting this week back down to my normal pre-festive week intake.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Same here....I went overboard eating during the holidays and tried to get back on track...two days in I had a huge struggle and could not get filled up.....I ate a bunch but since then I am back at it for over a week now and only have to lose 4 pounds to get back to my pre holiday weight!
  • Don't forget there's a lot of stress on us right now what with what's in the news. I told my boyfriend on the 6th that I honestly felt like I had before when I'd had a relationship break up, complete with the physical ache in the chest and being near tears for the entire day. I'm not weeping any more, but I'm definitely more sore and spacey and scattered, and I know it's the emotional/somatic response to all of that.

I'm feeling better and more focused on my diet because in all this chaos I can control that, and because I had a scare about having to lie down to zip my jeans again. I do NOT want to gain weight back.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,609 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »

so glad you wrote this post. I've been having a heck of a time getting back on track - no particular cravings - but just wanting to eat a tremendous amount - close to hunger but I'm not buying it as real hunger. I haven't completely lost it too many times but it has been a struggle. It's nice knowing others are in the same situation!

I hope I find the same recovery sense that you have found Connie.
  • conniewilkins56
    Would really like to see more members posting...telling what you are doing to keep on track helps everyone....let’s keep this group going strong!
  • rieraclaelin
    rieraclaelin Posts: 115 Member
    Would really like to see more members posting...telling what you are doing to keep on track helps everyone....let’s keep this group going strong!

I'm trying to bring myself to post more! Unfortunately, a lot of times my anxiety is too high so I struggle to comment. But I do read everything!

I'm still chugging along, counting my calories and doing my exercises. Lately I've been getting back on the exercise bike. I had been doing cardio workouts through youtube (a girl named Caroline Jordan, I love her videos), but, I found I'm having better luck getting my HR up into the cardio levels and actually staying at cardio when I'm riding the exercise bike.
  • conniewilkins56

I'm trying to bring myself to post more! Unfortunately, a lot of times my anxiety is too high so I struggle to comment. But I do read everything!

I'm still chugging along, counting my calories and doing my exercises. Lately I've been getting back on the exercise bike. I had been doing cardio workouts through youtube (a girl named Caroline Jordan, I love her videos), but, I found I'm having better luck getting my HR up into the cardio levels and actually staying at cardio when I'm riding the exercise bike.

That is great doing more cardio....sorry you have such high anxiety....this group never passes judgement....we are all trying to go in the same direction!...we just take different roads to get there....keep up the good work!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    well, I've gotten elliptical sessions in yesterday and this morning, and 2 hours of shoveling snow on Monday. I plan to do a cardio video in a little bit. And because of the extra calories, I managed to stay under calorie limit Monday and Tuesday; we'll see if I can do the same today. So far so good!

The scale has been much more reasonable the last few days; back down to almost 230 and not pushing 240. Now to get it back under 230 and into the 220's!
  • I feel a lot more hopeful and capable and strong today, and I'm making good food choices and working hard to log it all.

Indeed, I feel such a relief of tension now that I may need to go lie down after I finish my lunch. I think I've had my shoulders tight for the last four years.
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member
    @bmeadows380 sending well wishes for your job application! Maybe being an internal applicant will send you to the front of the line!
  • jlucas210
    jlucas210 Posts: 43 Member
    I've been MIA for a few months. I didn't spiral or anything, just kind of apathetic since my vacation in August. I keep meaning to type out a "where have I been" update, just haven't gotten there yet. I've spent the last few weeks reading everything I missed trying to catch up! So glad to see most still here! :smile: I'll get my update posted soon.
  • conniewilkins56
    jlucas210 wrote: »
    I've been MIA for a few months. I didn't spiral or anything, just kind of apathetic since my vacation in August. I keep meaning to type out a "where have I been" update, just haven't gotten there yet. I've spent the last few weeks reading everything I missed trying to catch up! So glad to see most still here! :smile: I'll get my update posted soon.

Welcome back to the best group of “ Losers”.... give us an update soon how you are doing!