General Discussion

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Well, today is normally my go-to-the-store day, but my period started and I was having trouble standing up, and I just didn't think I could handle driving. Plus it was raining cats and dogs out there, so staying home was better. I'm going for second vax shot tomorrow and beforehand Boyfriend and I are going to do the grocery shop, come home, put the cold stuff away, go get the shot, and then I'll come home and put the rest of it away. Saturday the men are coming to lay carpet in the sunroom, so sometime between 8 am and 6 pm. Whee. It's only a couple hours worth of work, they said, so it won't take all day, but we'll see. The other unknown is how long I'll need to leave it shut up with windows open to offgas so it won't bother my allergies. We'll see.

I'm really excited to have the carpet down. It's an indoor-outdoor carpet, which is what I want for the space, and will look like a tan berber, and that matches our color scheme. The cats will be thrilled to roll on the carpet.

Hope your day goes as planned. It will be nice to get that second shot done with!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis I just saw the discussion about the Shewee in the daily habit check-in thread. If you get one, please let me know how you like it. I just did a 3 day "test" backpacking trip with my son. I thought about getting something like that but didn't. However, I realized that this time of year the trees aren't leafed out yet and there's really not much privacy no matter how far off trail you go, so not having to pull your pants too far down or maybe just in the front would be great. Since this was just a "test" trip, we actually camped in a state park that had vault toilets and most of the time I could wait until we got back to camp. If we do an actual backpacking trip or short thru-hike, that wouldn't be an option so I'm really curious what you or anyone else thinks about that kind of product. This is kind of a weird question but I'm wondering if you could kneel and pee into a bottle with these things. I'm an "older" lady and sometimes have to get up several times during the night to pee. Sure would be nice to pee into a bottle while in the tent like my son can and not have to brave the insects and try to navigate away from camp in the dark just to pee. Any insight would really be appreciated. Thanks!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    MuttiNM wrote: »
    @lauriekallis I just saw the discussion about the Shewee in the daily habit check-in thread. If you get one, please let me know how you like it. I just did a 3 day "test" backpacking trip with my son. I thought about getting something like that but didn't. However, I realized that this time of year the trees aren't leafed out yet and there's really not much privacy no matter how far off trail you go, so not having to pull your pants too far down or maybe just in the front would be great. Since this was just a "test" trip, we actually camped in a state park that had vault toilets and most of the time I could wait until we got back to camp. If we do an actual backpacking trip or short thru-hike, that wouldn't be an option so I'm really curious what you or anyone else thinks about that kind of product. This is kind of a weird question but I'm wondering if you could kneel and pee into a bottle with these things. I'm an "older" lady and sometimes have to get up several times during the night to pee. Sure would be nice to pee into a bottle while in the tent like my son can and not have to brave the insects and try to navigate away from camp in the dark just to pee. Any insight would really be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm about to order it from amazon - after a very difficult long walk today! I'll let you know! I'm really glad I brought it up because it seems a conversation that several people are interested in/and or know about!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @lauriekallis I'm really glad you did, too! I was wondering who to ask about it when I saw your post. :)
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Dearest moderators, I've meant to ask this for awhile, but keep forgetting - and wasn't sure if it was my place. On my screen, when I"m on the main group page, the first line that shows up for this thread is:

I've noticed that we have started using the intro thread for general discussion lately -- let's do....

That through me off for awhile when I first joined because I saw that before anything else and I was nervous about posting too much on the intro thread.

Can someone change the first line of the first post of this thread so that it opens with something along the lines of: This is the place come for general discussion ... or ????

Not sure if you can do that or not?

If you can, and care to do it, will you please delete this post afterward??? lol
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Struggling hard today.

I am in so much pain. Back, hips, legs, and pelvis just hurt. That is also causing me issues with my IC so I am in the bathroom so often and my bladder just hurts. I can't stand to cook. I can barely get out to bed except to go to the bathroom. I am in near tears. I have no one to help me as I live alone and the one friend who WOULD do something is at work. Just feeling so alone and lost right now.

I want to just order in. There is no way I could cook what I had planned (1. I can't stand to cook atm and 2. the thought of it just sounds yucky because I am sick to my stomach due to pain and meds). But ordering in food just makes me anxious. I promised myself food wouldn't make me cry, but here I am. I want comfort food. I don't want to think about it, just order it and eat it.

I don't know what to do. Sorry to be so negative but... I don't know what to do.

Where are you located?.....maybe someone could help you....I feel very bad for you...what can we do?.....big hugs!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options

Where are you located?.....maybe someone could help you....I feel very bad for you...what can we do?.....big hugs!

I'm am north of Indianapolis.

I was (am) in just a tough spot atm and needed to get it out. My best friend is great but like I said she is at work so could only do so much. Plus I dump so much on her that I feel bad. This was just one of those nights where I realized I am so alone with no one with me to help when things get bad.

I ended up in a full break down after writing that post. Then I ordered chicken tenders and a salad. Because that is what I wanted and I was too tired and done with it all to care.

I would have then gone to bed but the jerks downstairs decided to watch something loud and the base was echoing up the fireplace wall. With my anxiety being as high as it was already that sent me over the edge into a panic attack. It does sound like they might be done finally, but I did call in a noise complaint. I have not complained at the rest of the noise issues, but this was it.

Sorry... now I am just ranting.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    It’s ok Athijade, we all have a breaking point...I grew up in S. Indiana and sill get back on occasion....I sincerely hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
  • Athijade
    Options
    It’s ok Athijade, we all have a breaking point...I grew up in S. Indiana and sill get back on occasion....I sincerely hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Thank you.

I got pretty bad last night and then just crashed hard. The sleep helped, though I still don't feel great. Still some pain but also nauseated from my meds. I am going to make myself get out of the house today and go to Costco. I need a couple things, it gets me out, and gets me moving.

Again, thank you and AlexandraFindsHerself1971 for your kind words and support last night. It was a rough one.
  • Athijade
    Options
    joone_9 wrote: »
    @Athijade ..ugh...I’m sorry I missed this yesterday. I have went through what you have many times this past month so I totally get it (and great you came here to vent..hopefully that helped a bit..I know it helped for me). I think you did great. Chicken tenders and a salad..yes it wasn’t the cleanest meal but so what...it wasn’t 10 Big Macs, fries, ice-cream, alcohol and chips either! So don’t feel bad for eating what you did when you did..that’s life and I’m guessing that didn’t put you over calories by much if at all. The hard part I’m breaking and what you may be struggling with? is the part that makes you reach for food for comfort. Food for convenience (as in you aren’t feeling well enough to cook to eat something easy to grab) isn’t something I particularly think needs changing (although being more prepared with easy to prep meals for when you aren’t well is a good idea) BUT eating for comfort...that’s the hard one. Feel free to message me anytime if this happens again and I can try and provide support..enough to get you over the hump till sleep which usually re-sets my cravings/mind. Glad you are feeling a bit better today.

Thank you. Your words mean a lot.

My pain was just so high and I was feeling very alone, vulnerable, and scared. I don't want to be in pain all the time again. So it was draining all my mental and physical will power. I was happy that I picked the salad over the fries that normally came with the chicken tenders. I did have a chocolate brownie with ice cream as well, but I only ate like half of it (it was super rich). So I allowed myself to have what I wanted, but I feel like I also made better choices then I could have. If I have one week where I don't lose, it's not the end of the worlds. I had other things I had to deal with this week.

I keep telling myself... it's not just weight loss that is important. Health as a whole is what is important and sometimes that means emotional and mental health come first.

I tried to focus my anxiety energy into doing something good for myself. So I went to Costco and got a bunch of things and then I went on a 3 mile walk. Gonna rest the remainder of the day/evening. Dinner will be pretty easy with teriyaki pork rice bowls. Gonna enjoy some Discovery+, drink some water, and rest now.
  • Joeblackwell75
    Joeblackwell75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a question for all of you. Has anyone ever used a registered dietician as part of their weight loss journey in combination with MFP? I've been wondering about this and thinking this might be another tool to use with MFP. Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I have a question for all of you. Has anyone ever used a registered dietician as part of their weight loss journey in combination with MFP? I've been wondering about this and thinking this might be another tool to use with MFP. Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated.

I went to a dietician a few years ago after I had been admitted to the hospital a couple of times for severe IBS problems....my gastric doctor had advised me to....it was mostly to teach me how to avoid IBS attacks and get more fiber into my diet...it was helpful to talk with a knowledgeable person about meal planning, calories, vitamins, etc...if you are new to dieting and meal planning you might find it helpful...it’s always good to talk with an expert and if your insurance covers a few visits I think it would be worthwhile!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

@Joeblackwell75

I have twice. Once when my doctor admitted he could not advise me, and the second right before I did a hurry-up weight loss period to get ready for surgery.

I can't say that I learned much but it was nice to get a second opinion. The thing about having a lot of weight to lose is that there isn't much guidance out there. There is for people who go through surgery but not for people who are going at a slower pace in a self-guided system. That is one of the reasons for this group.
  • lauriekallis
    Options

A person in another group I'm in just posted about her experience with a dietician - she said it was fantastic. I'll ask her if it is okay to share and with her okay will paste her post here.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    I've personally been hesitant to go see a dietician due to my food intolerances. Yes, I know that plant-based eating makes weight-loss easier. Yes, I can think of all sorts of good moral and ethical and societal reasons for me to be vegetarian. And when eating a nice bunch of fried cabbage doesn't make me pray for death three hours later, and my body doesn't react to refried beans as though I have gastroenteritis, I'll eat my vegetables.

So I don't fit well into preconceived ideas of how to do things, and so I avoid situations like that. They're pretty triggering, in some ways.