How much have you lost?

Options

Replies

• Fit4LifeAR
    Fit4LifeAR Posts: 233 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I really think the key to losing on phentermine is the water and a healthy calorie count. It is good to see people on 1500-1600 calories per day. My doctor agrees 100% with that, and says the key to keeping the weight off is not losing too fast, on an unrealistic calorie goal that you can't sustain without the medicine.

I have been debating whether or not to do one more round. I am losing weight on my own right now, but its always good to have the pill as a little help. If I do another round, I want to make sure it is only one month. I think I am in the right mindset this time, which is why I was so successful in the past, and why I wasn't successful keeping the weight off, the last time I took it. Honestly, I like the energy I get from it...I could really do without the appetite part lol.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from abdominal surgery and I'm not allowed to weigh myself until May 24th at the doctor's office. She was worried after such a great month I'd see swelling or water weight and freak out. I've been off Phen for a week and can start again in about 7 days. I find my appetite is doing alright without it. I'm not allowed to be active at all so I'm not burning enough to feel really hungry. She said to set my calories on maintenance but honestly I just can't eat that much. After only a month I'm finding I've trained my appetite fairly well. I'm eating about what I would net after exercise before. Obviously energy isn't a problem because if I had much...I'd be going nuts right now! I will start with half doses next week as I'm allowed to start taking short walks

One thing that is making sense is water weight gain when you go off Phen. I had to stop drinking water at midnight the night before surgery and I was so dehydrated that morning that they had a hard time finding veins. My skin was so dry. This should really drive home both the importance of pounding that water while we're on it but also how much water you'll likely retain when you stop. It's taken this whole week to really feel back in balance. Skin is soft and normal and I'm not feeling bloated. (Remind me NOT to weigh myself for a couple of weeks when I stop Phen!!)

Obviously this month I'm not expecting a 20lb loss like I experienced in April. Not really expecting a month like that again as I now weigh less and the drastic change in intake and activity won't be quite so dramatic anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm still losing 2lbs a week, though, even in recovery.

• Tsartele
    Tsartele Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    11 weeks in and lost 28 lbs
  • traceyinMI
    traceyinMI Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    6 weeks, 18 lbs
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1 week, 4 lbs.
  • angie55575
    Options
    jburk627 wrote: »
    Tomorrow will be my Day 1 on Phentermine. 6 years ago I was on it after my 1st baby and did good. I've got 50lbs to loose to get back to pre-baby stage. Then, hopefully I'll still be able to get down to a healthy range for my height. Fingers crossed! I will be eating 1500 calories/day, drinking lots more water, and exercising 30 minutes a day/5 days a week.

I started Phen on the same day you did :) How is it going so far?
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Ok, so I wasn't supposed to weigh until I see my primary care doc, but while looking for something I saw my hubby hadn't hidden the scale....what's a girl to do? Down five more pounds, these in the 10 days I've been off Phen post-op. My appetite has been the same as with Phen, probably for lots of reasons.

So 25lbs in 35 days.

Starting back on Phen with half doses on Weds.
  • angie55575
    Options
    That's awesome @MissusMoon! Keep up the good work!
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Alright, six weeks in and I'm down exactly 30lbs. That amazes me since I was both off Phen and on bed rest for two weeks. I start taking my full dose tomorrow and I've been cleared to ease back into my cardio.
  • Boise_Mom
    Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Good for you. 30lbs is quite an accomplishment! I am in 2 weeks today, and I've lost 9lbs.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    great work MissusMoon & Boise_Mom :drinker:
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    angie55575 wrote: »
    3 weeks, 13.2lbs down. I am on the 5th week of C25K; so I think the more intense workout sessions have been helping :)

Fantastic! I love c25k, but switched to the zombies run c25k when I did it. It truly does turn you into a runner. :drinker:
  • angie55575
    Options
    @asp415 What's Zombies Run C25K?! That sounds AWESOME!!!!! :)

I have my first long run tomorrow, (20 minutes straight, with no walking breaks!) I'm kinda nervous!!!
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options

I have my first long run tomorrow, (20 minutes straight, with no walking breaks!) I'm kinda nervous!!!

How did you make out? I'm sure you did great!
  • angie55575
    Options

I DID IT!! :) I still can't believe it! I never thought I would EVER be able to run for 20 minutes straight- but I really have to sing my praises to C25K, because it really did take me from a couch!!! :):):)

Thanks so much for asking!!!
  • MissusMoon
    Options

I DID IT!! :) I still can't believe it! I never thought I would EVER be able to run for 20 minutes straight- but I really have to sing my praises to C25K, because it really did take me from a couch!!! :):):)

Thanks so much for asking!!!

That is freaking AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Ok, officially week 8: 33.5lbs.

Can I just say that at first all my pants and underwear falling off was a fun problem, but after just buying 18 pairs of new undies and having that happen a week and a half later, not so much. ;)
  • Boise_Mom
    Boise_Mom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Getting a bit frustrated! My first two weeks, I lost 9 pounds. I am the exact weight now that I was last Tuesday. Every day, I keep hoping the scale will show a loss.
  • angie55575
    Options
    My weight hasn't gone down from last week (I'm guessing it's TOM bloat still working it's self off), but humpfffff. I feel your pain @Boise_Mom!