How much have you lost?

Options

Replies

• ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I started phen on 7/6. As of today (7/23) I'm down 7.6 pounds. It sounds so little but I was literally only losing 1/4-1/2# a week. This has been a very helpful addition to using MFP. It is allowing me to stop and think before I eat. I don't have the absolute zero desire not to eat as some have said. But just being able to stop and think before I do eat is huge and helpful. I'm using The Beck Solution of Cognitive Therapy at the same time to help me sustain the loss when I'm done.
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    13 weeks, down 27.4lbs. I've lost 48.8lbs since the beginning of the year :)
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    @angie55575 do you eat back your exercise calories? Or even half of them?
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Fourth calendar month, 66lbs lost.
  • ronjsteele1
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! Have you been on phen the entire time or just a portion of that? I'm 5 weeks into phen and have lost a little over 7#'s. Still slow, but better then the 1/4# a week I was losing prior to it!
  • angie55575
    Options
    @angie55575 do you eat back your exercise calories? Or even half of them?

Sorry @ronjsteele1 , just saw this now!! I eat back some of my exercise calories. I usually try to stick around 1300-1400 calories during the week, on the weekend I don't really keep track (but I don't go as crazy as I used to go- that's for sure!). My exercise is usually just walking 30-40 minutes a day 5-6 days a week, and throwing in an occasional jog now and then :)
  • angie55575
    Options
    18 weeks, down 27.4# since I started Phen.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    I am 7 weeks on phen but only 6 weeks on it daily and have lost 6#'s on it (we were experimenting with dosage and days the first week). I have been gaining and losing the same pound (which would put me at 8) for the last 2 weeks. Getting frustrated! I'm going to try tightening some things up and see if that helps. It *is* possible that not working out for 2 weeks and then starting again hasn't helped. :/ Prior to the phen I was losing 1/4# a week. My average loss is better, but still not as fast as most. :-(
  • angie55575
    Options
    Keep strong @ronjsteele1! I definitely think that it's possible to not see the scale drop right away when you first start working about again.

This is what I've read about it from a fitness expert:

"The muscle becomes inflamed and slightly swollen due to fluid retention. This temporary retention of fluid can result in a 3- to 4-pound weight gain within a few weeks of a new program"
    Totally makes sense to me!
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    There are a few things I've learned from the forums (which mostly irritate me!) that have been really helpful. The muscle/water thing is one of them. And I'm only going up and down a pound so I guess it could be worse. :D

I did get a phen refill today and took note of the manufacturer. I filled it at Costco instead of my usual pharmacy because it was cheaper. Costco uses the same brand the gal on the other thread mentioned as working well so I'm going to compare. I think what I was getting was from a different manufacturer from my old pharmacy.

Thanks for the encouragement! It really helps having people traveling the same road. It just seems like SUCH a long road!!
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Five calendar months on Phentermine, 81.5 lost. (Meticulous logging and exercise every day, though!)

I've heard some people warn that the effect starts to wear off. For me, I think it's working more because I weigh so much less now. I definitely use the extra energy to stay active.
  • Nancyh59
    Nancyh59 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Five calendar months on Phentermine, 81.5 lost. (Meticulous logging and exercise every day, though!)

I've heard some people warn that the effect starts to wear off. For me, I think it's working more because I weigh so much less now. I definitely use the extra energy to stay active.

I've been on it for almost four months. I know that it's still working for me, at least most of the time. I DO think it's the reason I only sleep about 5 hours a night. It definitely suppresses my appetite--although I wonder about that aspect because I never really ate because I was "hungry" . . mostly just ate out of habit. I'm tempted to stop for a while and see if I can maintain the good habits I've developed.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options

This is amazing!! Fantastic work! You must be very disciplined!
  • MissusMoon
    Options
    Nancyh59 wrote: »

I've been on it for almost four months. I know that it's still working for me, at least most of the time. I DO think it's the reason I only sleep about 5 hours a night. It definitely suppresses my appetite--although I wonder about that aspect because I never really ate because I was "hungry" . . mostly just ate out of habit. I'm tempted to stop for a while and see if I can maintain the good habits I've developed.

How much are you exercising? I sleep pretty well but I'm not sure I would if I weren't so much more active these days. I'm a long time insomniac.
  • angie55575
    Options
    There are a few things I've learned from the forums (which mostly irritate me!) that have been really helpful. The muscle/water thing is one of them. :D

OMG, totally with you there!
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    Nancyh59 wrote: »

How much are you exercising? I sleep pretty well but I'm not sure I would if I weren't so much more active these days. I'm a long time insomniac.

MissusMoon - I walk about 30-50 minutes on the treadmill about 6 days a week and I do an arm routine with weights. I tried only taking a half a pill yesterday and today--I DID sleep better last night, but still only about 6 hours. And I didn't notice any difference in my appetite--I probably could phase them out completely, but I don't want to yet because I'm scared my weight loss will stop.
  • mamacita99
    mamacita99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Down 22 lbs in 2 1/2 months. Running a little over 20 miles a week. Have about 70 lbs to go. Dr. Only prescribed 3 months- wish I could find a dr who would stick with it until I hit goal weight.
  • ronjsteele1
    Options
    mamacita99 wrote: »
    Down 22 lbs in 2 1/2 months. Running a little over 20 miles a week. Have about 70 lbs to go. Dr. Only prescribed 3 months- wish I could find a dr who would stick with it until I hit goal weight.

This is great losing! I find it so odd that my doctor is happy to keep people on this stuff their entire lives "if they need to." She is one drug happy lady. I've talked to a few people about her willingness to go years on this stuff and they said there is no requirement, the 3 months is a recommendation but not a hard and fast rule. I don't know if I should be thankful she's not a 3 month person or scared. I can't stand the chick I see, but I need her for other stuff so.........
  • Nancyh59
    Options
    mamacita99 wrote: »

This is great losing! I find it so odd that my doctor is happy to keep people on this stuff their entire lives "if they need to." She is one drug happy lady. I've talked to a few people about her willingness to go years on this stuff and they said there is no requirement, the 3 months is a recommendation but not a hard and fast rule. I don't know if I should be thankful she's not a 3 month person or scared. I can't stand the chick I see, but I need her for other stuff so.........

My doctor is one of those who will let people stay on this for years, too. But I'm not sure how beneficial it truly is after the first 3 to 6 months. I started in May and my total loss to date is around 35 pounds--but I lost 25 of that in the first 3 months. I think the phentermine was really making a difference then, but now I think it's not as effective--plus the fact that being 25 pounds down requires me to re-think both my calorie intake and my exercise, and I've just been too lazy to ramp up that side of things. I may try an experiment of not taking it for a month and then going back on--see if it's more effective when I start up again.