JANUARY 2020 Challenge

Options
chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
edited February 2020 in Social Groups
Goodness me, I hope everyone else has done better then I have these past few months. Still January 2020 on it's way and hopefully a new imperative and desire to kick bad habits and do what we know we should! So lets start 2020 with not only good intentions but also follow through into 2020 by following a Keto way of life, becoming fat adapted and loosing our own body fat!

So; welcome to anyone looking at this and wondering if this is for you, just give it a try!

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Nikki updates.

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well if we want to and generally chat!

It seems to keep us going and even if we go up occasionally (and who doesn't!) we get back to it and continue the journey.

JANUARY 2020

Wednesday January 1st. (for all those at home and turning over a new leaf)
Sunday. 01/05
Sunday. 01/12
Sunday. 01/19
Sunday. 01/26
Friday 01/31. (to finish the month)

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    Right people, hope the holidays are going well the last few days before New Year.
    January 2020 just about to arrive and I'm hoping I'm on the mental road to the way of life I know is best for me and yet I've thrown over for no good reason except general stupidity perhaps.
    So I will be bringing in the New Year with the intention of loosing all the weight I've managed to gain over this past year and reap the benefits to health that I know are part of this.
    I'm also going to try not to look back and wish that I'd stuck to it so that I would not now be trying to re-loose weight I lost two years ago.

A Happy and Keto New Year to everyone.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,890 Member
    Options
    JANUARY 2020

Sunday. 01/05
    Sunday. 01/12
    Sunday. 01/19
    Sunday. 01/26
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I’m ready for 2020! I’m thinking this will be a great year for me as I approach several significant mileposts in my life. My 50th wedding anniversary will happen in 2020, I will turn 70 and I will attend a big group high school class reunion (60-69 grads). That should be enough incentive to make me behave? Also, I have pretty much healed and recovered from all my self-inflicted wounds. My health is good, I have a solid workout routine and I’ve known keto for 725 days now. So, no excuses or complaints! Here we come 2020.

My biggest incentive has been and will remain all of you on this forum. I look forward to being motivated by your successes and learning from your attempts to make keto a way of existing. I’m hopeful that some of my old friends will remain or rejoin our group and we add new 2020 friends. Thanks for holding me accountable and sharing your experiences, thoughts and advice. Let’s do this!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge!
    I've gained back all I lost and then some.

Goal for Jan 5lbs
    SW -
    Wed 1/1-
    Sun 01/05-
    Sun 01/12-
    Sun 01/19-
    Sun 01/26-
    Fri 01/31-
    Total loss -
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited December 2019
    Options
    JANUARY 2020

Sunday 12/29: 155.9
    Sunday. 01/05
    Sunday. 01/12
    Sunday. 01/19
    Sunday. 01/26
  • pamatc2
    pamatc2 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hoping this group will help me get back on track again. My profile pic is my success 6 years ago, losing 50lbs. I've gained about 40 of those 50 back and have focused on keto to get me back on track. Feel free to add me as a friend too!

Sunday. 01/05
    Sunday. 01/12
    Sunday. 01/19
    Sunday. 01/26
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina Hi! Will you or Nikki start a whole new 2020 spreadsheet? If so, please provide a link. Thanks!!! :)
  • AzarielMoon
    AzarielMoon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year to everyone. I hope you have all been safe where ever you are. I'm in Australia and the weather and fires here have been horrendous.

I have not weighted since a couple days before Christmas, but I was able to keep in ketosis even with the small amounts of extra carbs consumed, so I'm hoping it won't have increased my weight too much. I still believe I made my December goal which was to be under 90kg and keep it under.

When last weighted on Dec 23rd, I was 86.4kg. My goal for January is to be 83kg or less. I think 3kg in 5 weeks should be manageable. :)

I'll find out by the end of January how my measurements and health status have changed also. Feeling hopeful.

Good luck everyone
  • ginalu59
    ginalu59 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    JANUARY 2020
    Ready to lose 20lb in 2020
    12/31 sw-143.6

Sunday. 01/05
    Sunday. 01/12
    Sunday. 01/19
    Sunday. 01/26
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    January 1st:
    Sunday 01/05
    Sunday 01/12
    Sunday 01/19
    Sunday 01/26
    January 31st:

Hey all,

After several hard months and some big life changes, I'm here with a renewed sense of dedication. I've really set myself up for success and am looking forward to finding my low-carb groove again.

I've decided to eliminate dairy from my diet, which I know will be difficult. But, it's been my last hold out for a truly anti-inflammatory diet. I find it funny that it's easy-peasy for me to give up sugar and grains compared to dairy. But I know I can! (I was vegan for 13 years... I definently can).

I'm planning to resume Intermittent Fasting, beginning tonight after my dinner/last food & drink of the day.

So nice to see so many of the ole faithful crew still here, posting and plugging away!! Never give up ♡♡
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    ]JANUARY 2020

Sunday 12/29: 155.9
    Wednesday January 1st. (for all those at home and turning over a new leaf) 155.6
    Sunday. 01/05
    Sunday. 01/12
    Sunday. 01/19
    Sunday. 01/26
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @chinatowninchina Hi! Will you or Nikki start a whole new 2020 spreadsheet? If so, please provide a link. Thanks!!! :)

Hi, I don't know how to do this but I'm sure Nicky will when she is able to. Otherwise maybe some computer literate person could do this if it doesn't get updated soon.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone and I hope all goes well in all aspects of your lives not just the weight and keto part!
    I'm in Scotland for Hogmanay, no drink or food involved of course! Back home and keto-ing on from Saturday and NOT looking forward to weighing myself Sunday but it has to be faced!
  • stormywxs288
    edited January 2020
    Options

Hi, I don't know how to do this but I'm sure Nicky will when she is able to. Otherwise maybe some computer literate person could do this if it doesn't get updated soon.

I know many of you are anxious to get started tracking your weight losses for the new year. I don’t know Nikki’s situation, but I do know Nikki is an MFP superstar and would want you all to press on with the New Year with the same enthusiasm she has inspired on this thread. So, I have attempted to update her spreadsheet to the best of my ability. This is not a coup or takeover of Nikki’s work. When and if she returns, it is her spreadsheet to manage. Please don’t take offense, I dropped off some names who didn’t weigh-in in December. If I dropped you off the spreadsheet mistakenly, please put your handle back on.

I <3 Nikki

• GrandmaJackie
    Options
    @stormywxs288 thanks for updating the spreadsheet!
  • DarcysLosingIt
    DarcysLosingIt Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Where is the spreadsheet found?
  • Sarahlr26
    Sarahlr26 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Started Keto in August 2019:
    August: -6.5 pounds
    September: -5.9 pounds
    October: -6.3 pounds
    November: -6.3 pounds
    December: -5 pounds

HW: 250
    CW: 197.7
    GW: 175

January GW: 195

Sunday 01/05:
    Sunday 01/12:
    Sunday 01/19:
    Sunday 01/26:
    Friday 01/31:
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    Where is the spreadsheet found?

Here is a link to Nikki's thread about the Keto Monthly Spreadsheet

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10630288/keto-monthly-challenge-spreadsheet#latest

If you can't get on through her forum, this is the link I use to get to it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15_Wm6tiqUTRwP65I8gZWwWjWVtGgvYyj8p2gMaiWi48/edit#gid=42279307

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    @stormywxs288 Yeah, thanks!