JANUARY 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• AzarielMoon
    AzarielMoon Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    once you've become fat adapted, about 6 to 8 weeks in doing Keto the readings don't much matter as what they measure is just the ketones you have 'left over' in your pee! In other words the ones your body isn't actually using to keep working.

Would this be the same when testing blood ketones? I test my blood ketones each week, hence having specific number range.
  • bwrabbit11
    bwrabbit11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the ketone testing info....I had done primal/ paleo in the past few years, but I'm new to keto. I appreciate all keto tips. 😀
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

HW: 186
    CW: 180
    GW: 150

January GW: 176

Wed 01/01: 186
    Sunday 01/05: 180
    Sunday 01/12:179
  • swall0810
    swall0810 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Can some of you add me as MFP friends. Needing some like minded friends and encouragement.
  • kajuae74
    kajuae74 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    once you've become fat adapted, about 6 to 8 weeks in doing Keto the readings don't much matter as what they measure is just the ketones you have 'left over' in your pee! In other words the ones your body isn't actually using to keep working.

Would this be the same when testing blood ketones? I test my blood ketones each week, hence having specific number range.

Hi I think the blood ketone tests are different but I really don't know anything about them except they measure what's in your blood not what is in the over spill as it were!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    kajuae74 wrote: »
    Am I too late to join

It's never too late to join us! Just post your weight today and then again each Sunday, or whatever day best suits you. Generally we do Sundays but it doesn't matter!
  • Sarahlr26
    Sarahlr26 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HW: 250
    CW: 197.7
    GW: 175

January GW: 195

Sunday 01/05: 197.7
    Sunday 01/12: 196.6
    Sunday 01/19: 195.5
    Sunday 01/26:
    Friday 01/31:
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Ten down, twenty-five to go. I <3 keto! Whenever I start to adhere to keto, as I have for the first few days of this year, I get big results. Whoosh! So, the easy pounds are gone and the hard ones are yet to come. I’ve set no time frame to get to my healthy weight. On January 16th I entered a new decade in my life. I celebrated my 70th birthday. So, every weight loss I have from this point on sets a new record for my 7th decade.

My focus for the rest of this month will be to not lose motivation as my weight loss slows. Although I’m going to try to stay away from weekly goals, I have to say it would be nice to enter and stay in the 170s in January of my 70th year.

n9hHm8.png
  • valleygirl74
    valleygirl74 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Wednesday January 1st. (for all those at home and turning over a new leaf) Ugh 230
    Sunday. 01/05 226
    Sunday. 01/12 222.9
    Sunday. 01/19
    Sunday. 01/26
    Friday 01/31. (to finish the month)

Some big thanks going out to chinatowninchina for all of the dedication and help that she offers to us! Merci. Gracias. Obrigada. Spasiba. Danke.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @stormywxs288 Happy Birthday and many more of them!

@valleygirl74 Thanks and well done this month so far!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    Friday January 3rd 176.4
    Sunday. 01/05. 174.4 (-2)
    Sunday. 01/12. 172.2 (-2)
    Sunday. 01/19. 172. (-0.2)
    Sunday. 01/26
    Friday 01/31.

Not a lot down, but it's not up and I was out last night and I stuck to it, if you ignore the wine I drank!
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see some familiar faces still here!

JANUARY 2020
    SW: 164
    GW: 120
    Jan Goal: 154 (-10)

01/05: 164
    01/12: 160 (-4)
    01/19: 158 (-2)
    01/26:
    01/31:
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I hope it's okay, but I took the liberty to freeze the first column of the spreadsheet, so that those of us who are toward the end can see the dates in the first column while scrolling to our names! I'm happy to be back and look forward to reconnecting with this group!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @stormywxs288! How's the shoulder doing from the softball injury?
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    I hope it's okay, but I took the liberty to freeze the first column of the spreadsheet, so that those of us who are toward the end can see the dates in the first column while scrolling to our names! I'm happy to be back and look forward to reconnecting with this group!

KLD it is so good to see you back! Nice touch with the spreadsheet. Thanks.

I moved you up to the rightful and deserved spot on the sheet. I was unsure if you and other long-time members of the Monthly Keto Challenge group were going to return. I left your name, as well as those other old-timers, at the back of the pack on the spreadsheet anticipating your return. At the end of January, I will move people who haven’t participated to an inactive sheet. Nikki used to do that.

So, welcome back old friend. Let’s do this!

• stormywxs288
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @stormywxs288! How's the shoulder doing from the softball injury?

Thanks for the BD wish. I am starting the New Year off with all pieces and parts 100% but 70 years old. I didn’t get to play softball last year because of my shoulder. Call me crazy but I’m going to play this spring - 2019 is in my review mirror. It’s all about 2020 baby!

• chinatowninchina
    Options
    @KirstinLeeD
    It's so nice to see some familiar faces still here!

Still slogging on in there! Welcome back!