• nerdyprincess92
    nerdyprincess92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mini Accountability Challenge for NerdyPrincess92

6th Jan

Logged: yes
    Under cals: yes
    Exercise: yes - 30min walk
    Water: 5 glasses (just over 1L) (I can't work out which oz measurements you're using so I use glasses or bottles)

Thoughts: still feeling unwell, had a headache most of the day and was hungry - until I realised I wasn't hungry I was just in my holiday snacking routine and my head was telling me I wanted something. After a few mins of being busy the feeling went away so clearly I wasn't really hungry.
    Planning to make spag bol tomorrow night and will save the majority of my cals for that (cursed pasta) looking forward to it already!

I hope everyone has had a good day / week so far :)
    Can we post randomly in here too or is it just for checking in?
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Monday January 6
    Logged food and was not under calories
    No exercise
    Water 6 cups
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    No great on the logging yet :(
    Lots of water
    And have walked well over 10,000 steps everyday by walking my dog (went from sitting all them time to making my walks a priority and it feels great).
  • Zella132
    Zella132 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Weekly Mini Challenge
    Sunday, Jan 5 (Yes, Yes, Yes)

Monday, Jan 6
    Logged: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, (20 minutes weights, 20 minutes walking)
  • jmalderman
    jmalderman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    1/6

Track food: Yes
    Under calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 30 minute walk
    Steps: 9,454
  • LMK02020
    LMK02020 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1/6
    Track food: yes
    Under calories: no (1230 isn’t working well! )
    Exercise: yes, yoga, and just a little over 3 miles just with daily movement.
    Water: 118.6 oz
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

@thedestar fabulous weigh in when you were expecting a higher number! Nobody has had tragic gains this week, and that is awesome! [/quote]

And there I experienced my 2.5kg gain over the holidays as tragic as the Titanic😜
  • HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    6th of January
    1. Log everything : Yes
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget : yes (ish)
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. yes, walks
    4. Report each day - no I didn't get chance yesterday to report here in the evening. First day no reporting but my son needed a good chat with me and we were all very tired & ready for bed after

I am full week logging now
    I looked and my in and out and I have been creating deficit of nearly 500 calories a day average, so enough to lose a pound.

Good slow start, considering I had two meals and out but my calorie intake due to the to days out on average was bit on the high side for weight loss.

I will be trying to cut down few more calories.

I am having troubles sleeping and at night I am used to snacking few pieces of fruit to give me some quick energy. I have enough for dinner so I shouldn't need that. I would love to stop eating after dinner - any tips on night time snacking?

• HappyGrape
    HappyGrape Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thoughts: still feeling unwell, had a headache most of the day and was hungry - until I realised I wasn't hungry I was just in my holiday snacking routine and my head was telling me I wanted something. After a few mins of being busy the feeling went away so clearly I wasn't really hungry.
    Planning to make spag bol tomorrow night and will save the majority of my cals for that (cursed pasta) looking forward to it already!

I hope so - chat will be motivating and we can support each other. Feel better soon
  • petrocoetsee
    Options
    Monday 01/06
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes - Gym - 60 minutes
    Steps: 5,364
    Water: 76
  • petrocoetsee
    Options

6th Jan

Water: 5 glasses (just over 1L) (I can't work out which oz measurements you're using so I use glasses or bottles)

Hi
    250ml is ±8.5oz.
    I believe there are little gremlins that sit on our shoulders whispering in our ears ever day. I am sure they are responsible for enhancing smells of food, then they try and convince us that a tiny mouthfull will be ok. The moment we take that 1st bite, they jump for joy and then they really go for it. Before you realise it, you have eaten a lot more than just a tiny mouthfull of something that didn't even taste as good as you imagined it would be.
    I am trying to learn how to ignore that pesky voice whispering in my ears.

• Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1/6/19
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,125
    Water: 100oz
    Plan & Followed food: yes, although I had to substitute turkey for chicken, because I forgot to defrost. All other parts of plan were spot on!
    Exercise 30min: no, because I broke my exercise up today instead of all at once.

Edit: I also wanted to add that they put a flyer up at work for a "The Biggest Loser Challenge" at work, and I am going to sign up tomorrow! It will run January 13 through mid-April(I think) and they have a couple prizes... and the results are percent-based instead of pounds, so it's more fair! I figured why not!

This sounds like a great additional motivator Christine! I’m sure with your consistency as well you’ll be in with a great shot for some of those prizes 👍🏻 a little extra motivation never hurts!!

• cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

6th Jan

Logged: yes
    Under cals: yes
    Exercise: yes - 30min walk

@nerdyprincess92 you did a great job yesterday! I use ounces for the water challenge :) feel free to post in here whenever you want! :)
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone, hope you all have a great day!

Positives for this morning - my daughter has been getting up really, really early recently which has been tough but this morning we made it to 5am and rather than dwelling and doing a silent scream at how tired I am, I decided just to get up and start the day. So glad I did! I’ve managed to do my yoga for the day, have a coffee, cook breakfast and prep the slow cooker for dinner in the 2 and a half hours I’ve been up already and I still have another half hour until I need to think about leaving for work. Feeling productive!

I’m doing the Yoga with Adriene 30 day Home programme on YouTube. Is anyone else following it here? I’ve loved it so far.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    No great on the logging yet :(
    Lots of water
    And have walked well over 10,000 steps everyday by walking my dog (went from sitting all them time to making my walks a priority and it feels great).

@RoseyandReady great loss! You will get the hang of logging soon enough!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@thedestar fabulous weigh in when you were expecting a higher number! Nobody has had tragic gains this week, and that is awesome! [/quote]

And there I experienced my 2.5kg gain over the holidays as tragic as the Titanic😜[/quote]

@petrocoetsee not tragic! :) you can only go down from here! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    1/6/19
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 8,125
    Water: 100oz
    Plan & Followed food: yes, although I had to substitute turkey for chicken, because I forgot to defrost. All other parts of plan were spot on!
    Exercise 30min: no, because I broke my exercise up today instead of all at once.

Edit: I also wanted to add that they put a flyer up at work for a "The Biggest Loser Challenge" at work, and I am going to sign up tomorrow! It will run January 13 through mid-April(I think) and they have a couple prizes... and the results are percent-based instead of pounds, so it's more fair! I figured why not!

This sounds like a great additional motivator Christine! I’m sure with your consistency as well you’ll be in with a great shot for some of those prizes 👍🏻 a little extra motivation never hurts!!

@Coral333 thank you! My losses have been very slow over the last 6 months, so I am not super confident in placing in the contest! The motivation just sounds good to me! :)
  • nerdyprincess92
    nerdyprincess92 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job @cmhubbard92 :)
This discussion has been closed.