Options

Replies

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Does this team participate in a step challenge? Or, Fitbit users?

My apologies if it has been discussed and I missed it.

Thanks!
  • DanielleInProgresss
    Options
    So....I completely forgot to weigh myself today for weigh in... What should I do? Also can I change my weigh in day for Friday?
  • DanielleInProgresss
    Options
    My goals for 2020 are as follows:
    1) quit junk food (there is no nutritional value and creates poor health)
    1.5) continue wfpb diet
    2) lose 50 pounds total
    3) lose 30 by August
    4) live sustainably as possible
    5) fit into my size 6 goal jeans (they are beautiful and I want to wear them 😍)

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sunday 1/5 check in
    Food: logged and on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 50 minutes high intensity at home

A lady from my church gave me some clothes that don't work for her anymore. All but one fit me, so that was a nice surprise. I won't have to buy clothes for a while.

My day was a little different since there was a memorial service at church this afternoon. I didn't know the lady who passed away but I know her mom. Normally I would be sleeping at that time but today I rearranged my sleeping schedule so I could go to that. By the time I went to sleep it was already 4 PM and I was pretty tired and slept until 8. Even with all that sleep I'm still tired but have to go to work anyway. The bright lights on the production floor will keep me awake.

I"ll have to read through the many posts later.
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    jillyBT Daily Check in
    Sunday 1/5
    Food: logged in and under
    Exercise: 3 mile brisk walk hit over 12,000 steps
    Water:64

@1theresamcvean my name is Jill but I guess my username kind of gives that away
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check in 4th/5th January
    Food: logged and within allowance
    Water: Not good
    Exercise: None, steps 4-5k

So the weekend did not go to plan food and exercise-wise. On Saturday, breakfast and lunch were great, but unexpectedly ended up at a friend's impromptu 40th party all afternoon and evening. Managed to resist all food for the first 3 hours, then I relented to to Doritos, beetroot falafel and mini scotch eggs. Tried to keep track and log (I reckon my pickings amounted to over 600 calories), but meant I had no room for dinner and went to bed hungry😓. Thankfully I was designated driver, so no alcohol calories!

Then yesterday, my other half took me and kids to Nandos - again tracked, but nearly 1k calories on a meal leaves little space for extra!

One of my goals for 2020 is to get up earlier and have a morning routine. I have always considered myself a night person, and struggle to get going in the morning (regardless of when I go to bed). On weekdays I barely have time to get myself and kids up and dressed and out the door, and weekends are generally longer in bed, but slow to actually start doing anything productive. So, I was wondering, as I am starting to plan a morning routine, would any of you care to share with me what your routine looks like? Do you manage to get any health and wellbeing things in there? Do you prefer to do it in the morning and why? And, are you someone like me who has "forced" an earlier wake up to get more done and been successful - how did you transition from night owl to morning routine person?!?!?!?!? Thank you!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    And welcome to all the new members of the group - lovely to see lots of new people!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in

Food - logged & on target
    Exercise - 5 k steps
    Water - 1.6 l

So most of my day was at the hockey arena yesterday, and then I did cooking & meal prep for the week last night. My older boy woke up with the chills this morning, and he is home from school. He did get the flu shot, but it could be the flu.

Thanks to everyone who posted their intros and it is not too late for those of you who did not! I love reading everyone’s intros and you are all amazing!

@sleepymom5 - Pam, I am so sorry about your blood pressure. By all means take the medicine now, and you can always reduce it or wean yourself off later. It is strange how this just happened seemingly out of the blue. My husband has genetic higher BP and has taken the medication for about a decade. There really were not side effects for him, just an adjustment period when he first started taking it. Take care!

@DanielleinProgress - No problem. I put in the request to change your weigh in day on the spreadsheet.

@brown6267 - This team does not have a step challenge. There are a couple of the teams that have chose to track steps as a number of members wanted to. There used to be a Fitbit thread on the main page, but it has disappeared. I will ask the captains where it went & let you now.

Can everyone on the team post to let us know if you want to track steps/do a step challenge?
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone, the fitness tracker thread is now up on the main page. If you have a Fitbit, Apple Watch, Garmin or other fitness tracker, you can go to the thread to post your details, and start following one another. Please remember to say which device you are using. This is across F2F, so it is a great way to get to know members of other teams. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10778697/fitbit-apple-watch-fitness-tracker-users-share#latest
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 1
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:195.2
    Current weight: 197.2

Well I did great throughout the holidays until this weekend. We had our final Christmas celebration and I gained weight. Oh well, I'm back on track and have already been to the gym this morning and eating well.

Hi, I'm Debbie. I'm 56, married 35 years and have two daughters. Our oldest is 30 and has special needs and lives with us. Our youngest is married and lives in the next state over. We live in Central Illinois and I stay home and am the caregiver for our daughter.

I do well with my exercise(step challenges with my daughter and son in law most weeks, I usually lose but stay close to them). I also go to the gym with my husband every morning during the work week. I walk on M,W,F and do weight machines on T,Th. Sleeping is hard for me and I rarely get enough. I do great with writing down my food and do it faithfully every day with everything I eat, I just eat too much and too many snacks. I joined Weight Watchers Oct. 8 and have been very successful with it so far.

Here are my goals for the month:
    Stay within my calorie and point goal (Weight Watcher member)
    Plan out my meals and food
    Drink my water
    Exercise every day
    Lose 6.2 pounds
    Plan the work and work the plan.

This discussion has been closed.