WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    A few updates:

Weekly Step Challenge
    We have a daily step tracker on our weigh in spreadsheet. If you are interested in a step challenge, please post your daily steps here starting tomorrow (for the day before) and we will record them on the spreadsheet. If enough team members participate, we can have a step challenge each week!

Fitness Tracker Thread
    I posted a link to the new fitness tracker thread on all of the team threads. So please check the fitness tracker thread regularly if you are looking to add new friends on your devices.

Habit Tracker
    A number of team members are tracking their habits this month, which is fantastic! If you have any feedback on the new tracker, please post here to let us know. If you want to use the new tracker, please go to the link below to enter and track your information.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hGjC7OQrH9Cb8U5gmkeax8VXYm2wsTiSYg43Dg0s_LE/edit?usp=sharing

Going Green
    We are going to try to go all green on our weigh in spreadsheet this month (meaning lose or maintain)! Perfection is not required here, but let’s have fun trying!

1ao37kcvvtsl.jpeg
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Daily log in Monday 1/6
    Food: not tracked but under
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: None
    Yesterday was a good eating. I didn't exercise but other than that a good day. Today I am determined to get back to my normal routine. I am starting with baby steps. I will log my food, exercise 30 minutes, get over 64 oz water and get over 5K steps. I need to get back into making meals and not eating out. I am planning turkey tacos for tonight. I will have them even if no one else wants to. One day at a time. Little steps. I can do this!

@KatAdele Awesome day! I am with you, I need more veggies too. Hope you crush today too!
    @JillyBT Great start to the week! How cool that the gym has that scale! I think those scales are getting more sophisticated and accurate. I feel like even if it isn't totally accurate, it is still a good tool for trends with your body composition. It also is a good motivator, if you have been doing well and gain, it helps to see that you have built muscle and fat has gone down
    @DanielleInProgresss Oh no! Smart idea to scale the workouts back until you see the chiropractor. It is important to listen to your body. I hope it is nothing serious and you are feeling better soon.
    @phoebe112476 Nice loss! You really got this!
    @Cafelelia Oh not! Not the coffee maker! I hope that your son starts feeling better soon. Hopefully since he got the flu shot it will be a shorter duration. I have to say, I love your idea of checking of insightful for the weights. I used to have to check back and forth all the time before. The simple things in life Lol! Thanks for telling me about your Mom. I am hoping it is the sodium too. Maybe there is hope
    @33sandy1223 I am glad that you joined! Don't forget we are here if you need anything. Checking in really helps!
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean thanks for the sweet December comments. You are already a wonderful asset to our team.
    @sleepymom5 Pam I was so worried about you. Hope your able to figure out those health issues. I appreciate all your comments and everything you do for the team. Looks like you were able to bring over new members from your other groups. Great job! Kitchen is temporarily closed for Angelina to be cooking big dinners and baking cakes. Skylynn and I baked 36 Christmas breads/loaves/cakes. I then made a Christmas cake, weekend get away cake, and 5 birthday cakes. All within a 2 week span. Phew!!!....no wonder I was wiped out. The lasagna dinner was a big success. I will post pics soon. I am gearing up for a 3 week cleanse.
    I have been reading Dr. Gundry's lectin free diet. I will try anything once. It's nice to be at goal weight so my main focus really is health. Still dealing with gut issues. I feel relief avoiding gluten but exploring other ideas as well. My next "kids" dinner is February 1st. Hannah has chosen a Mexican fiesta. We took lots of pictures. Maybe this will be a cookbook. LOL. "Cooking with Kids"!
    @Cafelelia I can't thank you enough for always being there for everyone!

All new team members welcome and jump right in! I am feeling so very far behind in reading everyone's posts. I know I saw a fellow vegan out there somewhere. I am scrambling to get back on my feet. Last night my tummy wasn't feeling too well. That salad bowl was huge.

Everyone else I will do my best to catch up soon. Great intros!
  • amsandos
    amsandos Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

food a little over still in the weightloss zone
    water ontarget
    exercise none

I felt absolutely rotten yesterday and struggled through at work. After the meeting with my coach I went home and straight at 9am to bed I work up at 6am. So I had a pretty big sleep. My coach is in the process of devising my new fitness schedule. I am making some changes which I am kinda looking forward to although it does mean saying good bye to some good people and some habits it is going to be strange for a while.

@phoebe112476 aww thanks it is good to be back

@sleepymom5 and @Cafelelia I meet the coach and he informed me that he had lurgy too and had been curtailing his ultra training. I went home and to bed.

• nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Met my goals re food, water & exercise on Sunday and Monday. It really helps me to be consistent by creating my 24 hour plan each morning but weight is climbing upward. Hoping its due to hormones or strength training. This is one of those weeks that I just need to trust the process but I would much rather see the scale go down. We all want to start the New Year out with a bang. Mines more of a fizzle LOL

Normally I would jump all over a step challenge but winter has settled in... I have to be more creative with my exercise which doesn't always mean lots of steps. :(

@cafelelia So sorry about your coffee maker! When I buy a a new one, the old one gets retired to the garage... just in case the new one goes on the fritz I have a back up LOL
    @sleepymom5 Its nice that your doctor isn't a pill pusher. I hadn't thought about it that way but the combination of additional salt and cold medicine makes total sense.
    Nice loss @phoebe112476. No longer a plateau whisperer... goal is just within reach.
    @JillyBT That's pretty cool to know muscle mass & fat percentages!
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    - My compelling reason why this week: my health (for my girls)
    - My mini goal this week: more controlled snacking at night. This is the only time of day I eat things off kids plates or take just a few bites of foods I don’t record when I log.
    - How can I make weight loss easy this week: keep low calorie foods I love available, plan healthy meals
    - Anticipated challenges for this week: none right now; regular week planned

This morning I went to have fasting labs done and got my first mammogram done. Focusing on my health. My reason why. I have never seriously considered IF, but this morning I thought often of not trying it! Ha!

I am now heading off to try my first yoga class at this place only 2 blocks from my house. Hoping I will love it. Keeping up my streak of one yoga class a day for now, this will be my 8th class in 8 days.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @phoebe112476 your story and success is truly inspiring! So happy you are part of our team.
    @nstephenson01 Nancy I know for sure this is your year. Your right planning is key! Yes have faith when you take the correct actions the scale will reflect in your favor.
    @amsandos I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering what you were up to. Welcome back! You will always be famous for giving us "that food is not for you"! haha
    @sleepymom5 good luck getting back on track. I am still trying to do the same. sigh...btw...turkey tacos sound so amazing. Turkey used to me my favorite. Fortunately there are plenty of plant based taco fillings out there now. Baby steps are a game changer. That is exactly how I plan to start back as well.
  • phoebe112476
    Options
    @Cafelelia - not quite at goal (145-150), but so close!

@Mrsbell8well - love the photos! Yum!
  • phoebe112476
    Options
    u4fip7t9o7ce.png

I am so excited about these pickle brined chicken tenders!! They are marinating in my fridge now. Anyone else using skinnytaste? I have used more of their recipes lately. Enjoying it.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @phoebe112476 - Skinnytaste is my abosolute favorite website for recipes! Her recipes always work, my family likes them and they really are healthy. I am a baker, and her baking recipes are great too! Love how she posts meal plans every week (not that I do all of it), but she gives me ideas for the week.
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & Happy New Year! Sorry I have not been active on here, been busy. We were out all weekend, I did not even get any laundry done. I finally took my tree down last night, it has been up since right after Thanksgiving, I was ready to clear it out. The puppy got his space back too, lol.

A quick intro for our new members. My name is Kirsten, I am 47 years old, soon to be 48, I have been married for 20 years, have 2 sons - 19 & 15. I work full-time in the financial industry. I live in NJ, not far from NYC. I have had to watch my weight most of my life. I gained a lot going into my senior year of high school and the start of college. I changed my eating and starting working out right before I turned 21 years old. I lost a ton a ton of weight & felt great and have kept the majority of it off, but I tend to fluctuate. I am also a Lifetime member of WW. I have been Lifetime for many years and still attend weekly meetings. I have not been to one in over a month, but back on Saturday! I am currently over my WW goal, so that is my motivation, trying to get back to goal & not have to pay for the meetings & Etools.

So far this year has been going well. I have been eating well, but I have not been getting my workouts done which is a big factor for my success in losing weight. I joined a Stepbet to keep me motivated. I had to put in $40 and as long as I reach my step goals, I will get back my $40 plus part of the pot.

I am going to try to catch up with everyone's posts, I see you have all been busy on here.

Have a wonderful evening! :smiley:
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Daily Check in Tuesday 1/7
    Food: tracked and under
    Exercise: boxing class and functional training class at the gym... took public transportation today which helped me log over 15,000 steps!
  • amsandos
    Options
    Someone posted this on facebook it tickled me.... So all you nosey buggers out there who want to know my business so bad, allow me give it to you straight with no chaser regarding what has happened with my relationship. Before you start to make assumptions, now you can get it straight from the horse's mouth. It's been really hard for the both of us. For months, I have begged and pleaded and invested myself 100% in keeping it going. It has really taken a toll on me. Today I made a sound decision and plan to leave the relationship. To avoid drama and people getting things all twisted, I'll just give you the truth about what really happened. It's been a while since I've felt good about this relationship. I fell madly, deeply in love but came to realize it was toxic, addictive and all-around unhealthy. I can't deny that we will still see each other from time to time and even though it shatters my heart we need to go our separate ways. So as of 2020, my relationship with Chocolate, Doughnuts, Cup Cakes, Sweets, Mince Pies, Muffins, Brownie Bites, Scones and other assortments of cakes, cookies, and sweets has to come to an end... Now copy and paste and see who reads your entire posts to the end! 😂😂😂
  • amsandos
    Options
    Tuesday check in

Food little over
    Water under
    Exercise none

Really busy day yesterday. Felt fatigued so went straight to bed. Hope to do some today.
  • rosieposiesrl
    rosieposiesrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Check-In: Sun-Wed
    Food: As Planned
    Water: 1L Daily
    Exercise: Walking; Fruit Picking; Treadmill

So far so good. Having fun this week blueberry picking at a local farm. They taste so different from the store bought ones – so large & super sweet! It’s still smoky everywhere from the bush fires here in Australia for months (often hard to breathe, had to buy an air purifier!).

@sleepymom5 - Thanks for your kindness, prayers & doing an awesome job at being so motivating to all! Hope your health swings back to normal again soon!

Oh my goodness what fun – I so admire those of you who are so active & adventurous! You make me see stars to aspire to! All of you are amazing & I am so surprised that it’s not just the highs, but the lows in life that are inspiring - those who are going through some rough patches, but keep getting right back up & the necessary self-care too, it’s a good reminder for all! Hang in there guys, you’re doing great!

@Mrsbell8well – I have reached my goal weight x2 in my life (not there now but) & I must say that I can’t believe that I had completely forgotten about that pleasure of saying “damn, you look good girl!”, I so miss that feeling & all that it represents! You made me smile & lit a big spark of extra motivation for me, thanks! Thanks for sharing your introduction too – that was very inspirational! You’re so right, Optimal Health is Everything – humans are really so fragile & can be fleeting to anyone, so definitely making the most of it & enjoy life at its best, & we’ll all be joining you in maintenance soon at our best too!

@nstephenson01 & @ljdanny – Got to say I love the resolution you both have, “deciding to live life this year” & “embracing all life has to offer” – that’s the way!! I’m totally with you on the 24hr plan too, takes the stress out of it & each success is so motivating!

@phoebe112476 – That’s an awesome idea, to listen to audio books while doing chores (suppose on walks too!), thanks!

@amsandos – Bahaha! That’s ridiculously funny – the beginning totally roped me in with concern, ahaha!! Thanks!!

@Freeglerock – I became a morning person a couple of months ago (waking at sunrise!) The switch was overnight, after being unconscious till 2pm most days for many years from severe Adrenal Exhaustion!
    What worked for me was:
    *** Asleep before 9:30pm, as your natural body clock is set to that time & if you ignore it the body releases stress hormones to stay awake that affect everything including being able wake up naturally in the morning.
    *** Then even more important was the 20min window immediately after waking to have a protein smoothie (with healthy fats like 1tsp tahini & 1Tb coconut oil; plus a little fruit) …with Adrenal Exhaustion there’s a 20min window of normal before the body switches over into a stress response for the rest of the day that makes me a pathetic weak zombie. But if I have the smoothie all is calm & relatively stable with a little energy to play with. But that's me...
    My morning routine: Sipping my smoothie watching the sunrise & then sunbathing while trying to practice mindfulness exercises – this sets a nice calm mood for the day.

I’m really enjoying reading everyone’s posts & I hope everyone is having a great week!
This discussion has been closed.