WEIGHT NO MORE January 2020 Chat

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean thanks for the info about the teas. Hopefully there are some caffeine free ones since I don’t do caffeine. I do notice sometimes that if I’m hungry and I drink a nice hot cup of herbal tea, it seems to make the hunger go away. Possibly it’s thirst rather than hunger! But who knows. I do seem to be hungrier now in my 60’s than when I was younger!! But maybe it’s my imagination 😀
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Happy February!! I am happy I maintained this month. January I just couldn't get my head in the game. I ended strong, thank goodness or I would have had a gain. I am going to take that momentum into February. I have a fun day planned. I am meeting friends for a late lunch at Peddler's Village. It is a cute little shopping village. I am not worried about eating or drinking. My friend has some health issues that force her to eat healthy and she can't drink anymore. I am hoping to get a lot of steps in too but the weather is a little rainy so I am not sure how that is going to work out. Other than that, a pretty quiet weekend. My son and a few friends are coming over for the Super Bowl so I am not going to have a ton of food. I have no reason not to get exercise and water in. I am thinking of my goals this month too. Let's make February our month!

Oh! I almost forgot! I had a NSV the other day which I must have had for a while but didn't know. My bath towel wraps around me! Not just barely either! The things that makes me happy Lol!

@Cafelelia Safe travels today! We missed you!
    @nstephenson01 I am getting in trouble for hopping on the 49ers bandwagon. Lol! I guess our area want Andy Reid to win because he was the Eagles coach for years. Let's go 49ers!
    @JillyBT You ended January strong!! Great job! No worries about the steps . Thanks for posting.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Awesome start to February! The only thing you have to convert is to pounds when you weigh in so posting liters is fine. I remember in grade school our teachers telling us that we would be using the metric system by the time we were adults. Guess thats not happening lol! I think the US is one of the very few that don't use it.
    @timibotkin Fab loss!! What an awesome January you had! Those steps last week were amazing. To think you finished that 50km challenge starting half way through the month blows my mind! You gave me one of my February goals-I am going to close the rings each day . I just got started in January and got 23 days. That pesky green one got me lol! I am starting to like my apple watch, now that I am over the step count. It is very motivating!
    @amsandos How frustrating! I wish MFP would take care of these glitches. Sounds like you are doing well and I love that you can tell you are getting faster and stronger. It makes all those tough workouts worth it!!
    @brown14281 Nice loss! Also-another amazing day of stepping!
    @Zumba_Luvah I was thinking the same thing, you will have a nice weigh in next week! You really are doing awesome! Keep it going!
    @Freeglerock Hugs! Thinking about you my friend.
    @lennoncpa You know I struggle but the tea helps me and I think most of the herbal ones are caffeine free. I like peppermint. I also substitute it for when I want a "treat" . It has taken the place of wine for me when I want to unwind and I use sugar free sweet creamer that gives me a sweet taste when I want it. I know you don't drink or eat sweets but those were the only examples I can think of. Maybe you can do it for the nuts...
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    14gbz72btd0k.jpeg

Don't forget to post your goals along with your introductions on our February thread. As usual, I am still thinking of mine....

Here is the link to February-https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10783097/weight-no-more-february-2020-chat#latest

Continue posting here today. This thread will close tomorrow and then we will be posting over in February. If anyone is wondering why we wait, it is because we have to finish out the week with the weigh ins. Our new weeks start on Sunday so no matter when the 1st of the month lands, we wait until Sunday to head over.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Daily Check In: Friday
    Food: Pre-logged, stayed on track
    Water: 90 oz
    Exercise & steps: 90 minute yoga class; 6,572 steps

Well glory be... this girl finally had a good day. January was a hot mess of a month for me. Back in November I was less than 5 pounds away from goal. I maintained through the holidays but gained 5 pounds in Jan. If I'm truly honest with myself I didn't try that hard but just goes to show how a couple years of building healthy habits can so easily get derailed.

Our weather the past couple of days has been unseasonably mild so on Thursday my husband decided he would leave for Pennsylvania on Friday. When towing a big RV its best to work with Mother Nature rather than against her. As much as I hated for him to leave so abruptly at least he's not battling bad weather. Its always an emotional transition for me when he leaves but this time seems particularly raw. Not sure why. My heart wasn't in it to go to yoga but I went anyway and felt a little better afterwards. I stocked up on groceries and have scheduled my exercise for the week. This month is going to be MY month. I told my husband next time he sees me I will be at my goal weight. I have a lot of ground to cover.

@1theresamcvean My goodness that is a lot you are dealing with. I'm so sorry! My husband is working in Pennsylvania... a few hours from @sleepymom5
    @sleepymom5 Hmmmm.... I was wondering how Philly felt about Andy Reid leaving to coach the Chiefs. I'm glad they're supporting him. While I'm a lifelong Niner fan, for a time I was a passionate Chiefs fan way back in the day even before Joe Montana went there LOL. I'm rooting for my Niners but I really think it will be a great game because both teams are so dynamic.
    @mrsbell8well I love that Molly gets a month! What a fun idea! I need to be more playful with my honey.

See you all in the February thread!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    kirsten11872
    Week:4
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous weight:173.2
    Current weight:177.4
    +4.2🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello & Happy Saturday!😁

I’m getting disgusted! One week good, then I eat a little off and the scale jumps up! I feel like if I’m not super strict I gain so easily, it’s got me so frustrated! I always have plans that include food, so I really have to try to make this weight-loss journey work with eating out and socializing. I went out to dinner last night, out with the girls tonight for a belated birthday celebration, & tomorrow is the Super Bowl. It’s a lifestyle, so I need to be able to incorporate my social outings with my weight-loss goal. Also, menopause is not helping either. They say it affects your weight, I completely agree! I have not had this hard if a time losing weight in my life!

I’m not giving up, I’m going to get this weight off! I just need to think things through and make a plan

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Today starts a new month with new opportunities!😊👍🏻💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    steps

thurs- 8,818
    fri-8,507
    sat-11,468
  • sleepymom5
    Options
    @nstephenson01 I know that it is hard when he leaves, especially with this being so sudden. Although it is hard, I agree it was smart for him to get out ahead of the weather. You will be your goal weight next time you see him. I know you can do it. I will keep him in my prayers for safe travels. How long does it take?
    @kirsten11872 You are right, this needs to fit into your life. I am trying to do the same thing. When I go out, I try to use the hunger scale and eat until I am satisfied, not stuffed. When I do it, it really works. I can go out and not ruin all my progress. The problem is when I don't pay attention or just give in and continue to eat, then I gain. And I gain like you do, I swear its the carbs! I can easily put on 5 lbs in a week. Maybe next time try stopping after you get 1/2 way through your meal and see how you feel, then go to 3/4 and see. If you are satisfied, stop. I think you will be surprised how little it takes for you to feel full. You got this Kirsten! February is going to be our month!
    @ljdanny Nice job! Hope the hip is continuing to feel better!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean Thank you for your kind words. I am sorry to read about your news also - you have a lot going on, my heart goes out you you. Keep strong. xx

@sleepymom5 And thank you for the hugs - they help a lot xx
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    The January chat is now closed! Head on over to February :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.