TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (February)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Good morning TBBT! Names Herb
    Returning from Dec. Last month gott away from me but im back nw and ready to kick it! Wishing everyone success this month.
  • GeminiLady159
    GeminiLady159 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just started in Jan- so we just keep going with our regular weigh in day-right? Mine’s Monday so I’ll post then. This group was really helpful even tho I didn’t do all the extra challenges in the group. It’s going to be a quick month! Thinking about my mini-goal for Feb...I’ll come up w/it by Monday!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Hello new and returning members of The Big Butt Theory! I am Christine, your captain of the team! Your co-captains are Coral, @Coral333 and Brandi, @brandi_84. Feel free to add us as a friend, reach out to us if you have a question, whatever you need!

As I said, my name is Christine and I live in Connecticut, USA, and have been a member of TBBT since February this year. I Began my WLJ in November of 2018, and have lost over 50 pounds, about 40 or more since joining TBBT. I am 27 years old and have two furry children-a 10 year old golden doodle and a 7 month old "mutt" that's growing quickly! I am a big time football fan, and love watching all the games going on. The Patriots are my team (sorry Patriots-haters!)

I enjoy outdoor activities with my pups(long walks, hiking around the doggy park, lake visits, etc). I do like the occasional alone walk, but being without my babies can get a little lonely! I try to remain as active as I can, but I can honestly say my activity has dropped a bit since I switched jobs at the end of August... I have been falling victim to the laziness of the weekends, for a change!

I am constantly learning new meals to cook for my boyfriend and myself that are healthier, so I am always up for recommendations!

This month I have cut down the number of challenges that I am tracking, back to the ones we originally started with. There will be no food or exercise challenges to track this month.

Information on our Step/Water Challenge! This month these challenges will run Sunday(Starting February 2) to Saturday,(February8) to remain in line with the Mini Ultimate Accountabilty Challenge, and our weigh ins!

Weekly Step Challenge
    This is pretty simple if you track your steps at all(via phone, fitness tracker, pedometer, anything really). You select your own step goal each week and try to reach it. We have two categories for "winners" for the week- Percentage of goal completed, and highest total steps!

The Water Challenge
    This is a challenge to get you to reach 8 cups of water each day! The team all has the same goal. Aim for 8 glasses(64oz) of water per day, or 448oz or week! The winners in this category are determined by the highest percentage of water you drink!

Here is the spreadsheet

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING THE STEP OR WATER CHALLENGE, PLEASE TAG ME IN YOUR POST @cmhubbard92 AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR WEEKLY STEP GOAL.
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello team TBBT.
    Within the main weight loss challenge we have another optional, but highly recommended, challenge. It is called the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge, or the Mini Challenge. It is based on another MFP challenge group by the same name, or UAC.

The way it works is simple:

1. Log everything you eat that has calories in MFP.
    2. Stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget.
    3. Do at least 20 minutes of activity daily. This could be anything that gets you off the couch and being active: run, walk, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.
    4. Report each day on this thread (something to the effect of logged food: yes, under calories: yes, exercise: yes, and a brief description is nice)

****When you post your accountability, please put the date, or the day of the week to which you are referring. We are all in different time zones, and some people post in the evening for that day, and others post the next morning, so it gets confusing trying to decipher without a day or date. Thanks!!!*****

You get one free pass day a week (went over calories, could not log food, rest day, etc.) At the end of the week, if you have managed to be "accountable" (three yes's) for at least 6 of 7 days, you will be recognized on this thread as being in the Winner's Circle!

This strategy works for weight loss because it is based on CI<CO. When calories in are less than calories out, you stay inside your allotted daily calorie budget, and you will lose weight! And exercise is just good for you, plus it will burn calories and help with the calories out portion of the equation!

What's great about this challenge is that it works for everyone, as long as you are honest with yourself. There are no dietary restrictions, so you can eat whatever you like, and follow whatever plan you like. Your own daily calorie budget is set by you and MFP and you choose your own exercise and intensity of exercise! Plus it is a practice that can be carried beyond weight loss into maintenance! If you are having a bad week, a new week and a fresh start is just around the corner!

Consistency and new habits have been shown to be the keys to long term successful weight loss. Why not make the Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge your new habit, that you do consistently!!

Week #1 for the Mini Challenge starts Sunday, February 2!!
  • GuessimGryffindor
    GuessimGryffindor Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    GuessimGryffindor
    Sun
  • brandi_84
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Brandi. I am one of the TBBT co-captains. I'm 35. I'm a stay-at-home/ homeschool mom. I have been trying to get back to healthier weight for quite some time now. But I seem to keep going from one end of the 180s to the other. I am determined to keep trying. My goal is to actually reach the 170s this month.

I look forward to getting to know all of our new TBBT members and the continued support and inspiration from those that are continuing their journey here.
  • brandi_84
    Options
    primekayprime
    Sun Week 1
    PW: 229
    CW: 225.8

@primekayprime Amazing loss!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    GuessimGryffindor
    Sun

@GuessimGryffindor welcome back to TBBT Herb! Glad to have you back with us this month! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is amber! I am 28 years old from michigan! I’ve struggled with weight loss practically my whole life. As a kid and teen, I loved to eat. My parents never had to force me to eat. Because of that factor, I gained weight. When I would go through depression spells, I would binge eat and not care how much I was eating.

Back in 2012, I started my weight loss journey. From March 2012 to November 2013, I had lost 80 pounds. I was so proud of myself because that was my all time hardest thing to do and I accomplished goals. I was also starting to get confident in myself. I also became a more active person and did so much!

When my dad passed in January 2014, I lost my best friend and I gave up on everything. I didn’t care anymore and just let myself go. So within a year and half, I gained back everything I lost. I felt so ashamed and so mad that I let myself do that, again.

For the past couple years, I’d try to restart and then a couple weeks later, I’d let one bad day turn into a bad week and back off the wagon. But with as much pain as I feel now, I’m really ready to get back into the swing of things and actually get back to where I was. To me now, it’s not so much of looking smaller, but to feel healthier and feel happy. I need to focus and do this for myself. And when I started my journey, groups like this helped a lot! I’m gonna give it my all and put all my effort in! Just like I did in the beginning. cuz I deserve this!

@cmhubbard92 add me to the water challenge because I really need to challenge myself with water! I probably won’t do the step challenge cuz I don’t have anything to count my steps. But I definitely will do the water challenge!

@rawrxamberx welcome to TBBT! I have added you for the water challenge! Glad to have you with us this month! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    I just started in Jan- so we just keep going with our regular weigh in day-right? Mine’s Monday so I’ll post then. This group was really helpful even tho I didn’t do all the extra challenges in the group. It’s going to be a quick month! Thinking about my mini-goal for Feb...I’ll come up w/it by Monday!

@GeminiLady159 yes, we continue with our regular weigh-in here! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    primekayprime
    Sun Week 1
    PW: 229
    CW: 225.8

@primekayprime fabulous loss to start off February! :)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Simbersea
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 163
    CW: 162.4

Exercise was good, but smacked at night, which showed up on the scale
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody and welcome to any new members 🥰 I’m Coral and along with Brandi I’m cocaptain to help out the fab Christine :smiley: I’m 28 and a teacher from Scotland and have been here since around this time last year. I’ve dropped 38lbs total since having my daughter a year and a half ago and now I’m ready to drop another 38 and make this the year of fitness and health!

I read a quote the other day that said “if you focus less on losing weight and more on getting active and building strength, you’ll notice the weight will drop anyway” and that’s really stuck with me. So I’m kicking off February with my first run club post of the year and can’t wait to see how everyone does this month. ocw4rn2s2qny.png
  • primekayprime
    primekayprime Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    @Coral333 What a great pace! I am trying to finish a 5K training. I hope to focus on pace after that and do a 10min/mi. You are totally goals for me right now! (And as a desert dweller, I'll take your route view along the coast while I'm at it!)
  • Coral333
    Coral333 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    @Coral333 What a great pace! I am trying to finish a 5K training. I hope to focus on pace after that and do a 10min/mi. You are totally goals for me right now! (And as a desert dweller, I'll take your route view along the coast while I'm at it!)

Thank you so much! A 10 minute mile really would be goals and one I’d love to reach as well. We can cheer each other on towards it! Ooh the desert sounds good tonight as on the Ayrshire coast it’s very wet, cold and windy just now but when the sun comes out it is a stunning route 😊 I’ll get an actual picture of my route one day when it’s nice out and post that!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    simbersea wrote: »
    Simbersea
    Sunday weigh in
    PW: 163
    CW: 162.4

Exercise was good, but smacked at night, which showed up on the scale

@simbersea fabulous start to the month!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Coral333 wrote: »
    Hey everybody and welcome to any new members 🥰 I’m Coral and along with Brandi I’m cocaptain to help out the fab Christine :smiley: I’m 28 and a teacher from Scotland and have been here since around this time last year. I’ve dropped 38lbs total since having my daughter a year and a half ago and now I’m ready to drop another 38 and make this the year of fitness and health!

I read a quote the other day that said “if you focus less on losing weight and more on getting active and building strength, you’ll notice the weight will drop anyway” and that’s really stuck with me. So I’m kicking off February with my first run club post of the year and can’t wait to see how everyone does this month. ocw4rn2s2qny.png

@Coral333 fabulous start! Your phone battery makes me nervous, but mine is always like that too!
This discussion has been closed.