Drink 64oz water daily
    Cut back on smoking
    Exercise daily
    Keep carbs under 50
    Organize home
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I did so-so on my smoking today, had 15 cigarettes. Went over my goal by 5 but at least I didn't smoke a whole pack!
    Kept my carbs under 50 (49 total) for the day. Not for sure what my carb intake should be as a borderline diabetic all my dr told me was to keep an eye on how many I have daily. He was no help so I'm weaning this on my own from things I've read online. Tried keto last year for 4 mo but discovered 20 grams or less a day just wasn't doable for me. Not to mention the side effects...
    Didn't exercise today. Don't know why I'm having so much motivation problems with exercising.
    Started organizing my house. Started by going through DH's pile of papers in the living room then started tackling a corner in the bedroom where there was several pictures I hadn't hung yet. They are now on my kitchen wall. Gathered up all my blankets and washed them today. We had the grandkids over the weekend and one of them was sick and running fever so I needed to wash all the blankets and bed linens he used. I have lap blankets laying across the back of both couches and the love seat. I swear I think he used all of them!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,565 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 I'll pray for your mom and son!

@prowell57 Awesome progress today on smoking and keeping carbs down! When I was diagnosed diabetic counseling wasn't provided, you can learn a lot online. The ADA had a magazine you can get a free trial of for 6 months or at least they did a few years ago. There are also groups on Facebook you can join but most lean toward keto, there's still a lot of good information. Chances are you can get your A1C down just losing weight but it's good to keep an eye on eating healthy. Mine slowly went down with weight loss, then weight loss and exercise, then out of everything when I increased fiber it went down the most at one time even though some of those foods are things like apples and starchy vegetables. You said you didn't exercise today then listed a ton of stuff you did, that's exercise! It may not be what you're expecting yourself to do but it surely counts. Look up calories burned cleaning under cardio, you'd be surprised at how much you likely burned! I hope your grandson feels better soon.

• Katmary71
    Options
    TeresaW1020 I hope your back is feeling better, it's frustrating not to know what caused a flare-up! Oh no, sorry to hear about the dumbbell, yes we do have to slow it down! Sadly that's what I was doing when it fell but I'll never make that mistake again. Those sliders look tough, I don't blame you for waiting for those.

Tuesday check-in
    Calories- barely under
    Exercise- elliptical, strength/core, yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- one down, going tomorrow
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Core/strength- did day 2, yay!
    Yoga- I've done the back yoga app video so many times I did it today without watching it though I forgot one stretch and did it when I got home. My hip flexors didn't hurt as much as they did on the elliptical last week so it may be making a difference
    Decluttering- took some bags of trash to my parent's house as my can's full but that's all today. I DID take one bag at a time inside so I'd practice getting more steps!
    Recipe- nothing planned this week, went out for dinner

I came home right away after going out to eat as my Fitbit was delivered and I wanted to check it out. So far I'm not too thrilled as I can't get everything working after an hour of troubleshooting so I decided to call it a night and let it charge, I'll deal with it tomorrow.
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It has been a challenging few weeks and I was going to check in and give you all my excuses but that isn’t going to change anything so moving on. The scale will not be kind to me tomorrow but I clearly know why. It is what it is. This post has been two days in the making as I was so far behind on posts and checking in. Note to self...check in more often. You need this!

@its_cleo woot woot from Ontario. Lol Reading your post about going over in calories. I’m an expert in that department! Instead of cutting back on calories( I don’t do well with restriction) I increase my activity. I love my Fitbit for that, I can see the progress.

@raleighgirl09 I hope your son is recovering well and I see I missed something in a post about your mom, I hope she will be ok too. I just read your post about “the perfect week” and it really resonates with me. I’m still waiting for that perfect week! There are constant challenges in the way and it is difficult finding time and energy to make me a priority. It feels like it is just one more thing on a long and overwhelming list. And in spite of all your challenges you also take the time to motivate all of us! Thank you.

@katmary71 thank you. I am feeling a lot better but struggling with getting my energy back. Hope you will feel better soon too. Nice you are having success with yoga.

@austinruadhain thank you. I was super happy with the weigh in last week considering the lack of planning and prep. Sadly I have undone it all this past week. Awesome advice you gave @its_cleo and I agree restriction leads to more disaster.

@prowell57 that is A LOT to deal with. I know it isn’t much help but I am wishing you and your husband well. Nice to hear you used to work with kids. There are a lot of hard and stressful days but a lot of very rewarding moments. So a lot of stress and I stress eat...ice cream is my go too as well and that is fine when I stick to half cup and track it. That hasn’t been the case this week.

@wwood008 so sorry to hear about your son being ill and wishing him a speedy recovery.

@teresaW1020 it was nice seeing the photo and hearing the story about the snow. Something we in the North take for granted. Looking forward to the surprise!

@bethanie0285 fantastic you are focusing on NSV’s. I get what you mean about it “slimming down”. For me it’s my one roll on my stomach that I use to gauge my success. Lol

@terabBreakingFree good for you getting on that elliptical anyway! I could learn a thing or two from you!

@jactop your post from yesterday sounds exactly like me. It’s like you took the words right out of my mouth!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Catching up with step totals.... ;)
    Feb 6: 7,307
    Feb 7: 10,261
    Feb 8: 9,248
    Feb 9: 8,013
    Feb 10: 10,568
    Feb 11: 14,916
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09, ohhh no I am so sorry to hear about your mom having pneumonia and all the other stuff you have going on. You be sure to take care of yourself as well! <3

@prowell57, hey good job on slowing the smoking down! Challenge yourself to at least have one less than you had the day before. I know its super hard but trust me that it’s so worth it and you will truly wonder how you ever could have smoked at all once you are completely free from them! Low carb is considered 100 grams or less. Try to get most of your carbs from veggies and high fiber grains and beans and you should be much better off. I tried Keto too and couldn’t sustain it so I’m keeping it low-carb on most days. :)

@Katmary71, thank you, my back is much better today. I have a great heated back massager that I used a few times yesterday and that seemed to clear it up. A new Fitbit is exciting! What kind did you get? I have the Charge 3 and love it. :smile:

@sunshineplace, Yes!! Check in more often because we miss you when you don’t. <3 Good idea to just move on and accept the gain and plan how you are going to get back on track. I think of it as drawing a mental line in the sand and going forward and not dragging any guilt or excuses with you. I’m hoping we can see snow at least once more before spring but since the daffodils are blooming that isn’t very likely. I do love springtime in the South!

@gwamajtw91, thanks for the step reporting! You have been doing awesome! B)

Hi everyone! I’m getting my posting done earlier than usual because I’m about to go cook dinner and then head off to church. Today hubby and I went out shopping and combined with my treadmill walk this morning I’m already at over 10,000 steps for the day. Which is good because tomorrow I have an all-day staff meeting and I will be chair-bound for most of the day. It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow too so staying indoors works for me! Have a great evening. :)

2/12 Accountability (Habit Tracker)
    Track Every Bite-I have and I will be 90 calories under my goal
    NO gain on the scale-The scale was down this morning back but still not as low as Friday’s weigh-in
    Workout or 7500 steps-I walked on my treadmill for one hour today and then did 15 weighted sit-ups with a 12 lb. dumbbell. I’m impressed with myself that I can go all the way down and back up! I didn’t do more because I’m mindful of my back. Steps for 2/11-7856
    IF (17+ hrs)-I fasted today for 18 hrs. 35 min.
    Thoughts for the day-Today was a great day! I had a good workout and pushed myself pretty hard and didn’t die. Although my quads are seriously aching at the moment! :#
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - steps are caught up (I think) to this point.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check-In
    Day – Tuesday
    Username – bethanie0825
    Previous – 234
    Current – 233.6

I’ve tracked every bite and started jogging (so slowly) so I’m hopping those tweaks keep me moving in the right direction.

@raleighgirl09 It’s hard but I’m focusing on seeing it where it counts and that in my clothes fitting better and such. You are rocking it out on your loss last week!!!

@sunshineplace I use that too!! I can see my waist coming in ever so slightly

It's nice to see your body start shrinking just a little.

Step Challenge
    2/10 – 11211
    2/11 - 14197

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Weekly Check-In
    Day – Tuesday
    Username – bethanie0825
    Previous – 234
    Current – 233.6

I’ve tracked every bite and started jogging (so slowly) so I’m hopping those tweaks keep me moving in the right direction.

@raleighgirl09 It’s hard but I’m focusing on seeing it where it counts and that in my clothes fitting better and such. You are rocking it out on your loss last week!!!

@sunshineplace I use that too!! I can see my waist coming in ever so slightly

It's nice to see your body start shrinking just a little.

Step Challenge
    2/10 – 11211
    2/11 - 14197

@bethanie0825 UHMAYzing! Back in the day (when knees were more tolerant) I found my slow walk/jog-jog/walk which turned into slow jogging shaped and rearranged my body by leaps and bounds, it was quite surprising. YOU GO!!! =>
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Wednesday check in

Howdy all - a totally whipped pup comin' at ya. So tomorrow is weigh in day for me and - uh - I'm a little nervous! Like, is the scale the Pope or President?? Is this public speaking? Is this seeing your old boyfriend at the drug store on the night you went in in your gym clothes with mustard on the shirt and hair not brushed...??? NO!! This is just a fact coming at me tomorrow that may be lost weight, gained weight or stayed the same. That's it, nothing more. I feel like I have done well these past 7 days despite some challenges and a very unusual and hectic schedule - and since I haven't weight yet, the number cannot be the sole barometer of the week - I am going to assess before my assessment can become tainted by a number. I took the time to look at my habits and stats and list them below and I want to start doing it every week before weighing in. If I don't know the number - I can't make up some BS in one direction or the other, right? I'll have already reported on it and given my overall impression sans the dat blamed number!!! And then I'll know where to find the previous week's assessment so I can look them over as the weeks go by. At least for February. I commit to this for February.

Planned and Prelog 3 meals? yes, all 3
    Times? B 830, L 1p, D 645p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts?
    Hunger?
    Exercise? not really - but I did take the stairs on two occasions to the 6th floor - on purpose. It's gotta count for something
    Sleep? 1130p-645a [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / this week / month? 7/7 days of water and sleep goals met, 6/7 days pre-planning food choices, 4/7 days over 10,000 steps, 5/7 days under calories, 1/7 days hitting 100% habits on tracker. Water has been easy with a 4 cup container that I fill 2x so there is little to have to think about. Sleep has been much easier since I became very intentional. Food planning is fairly easy for me and a pretty solid habit. 10,000 steps has been much harder with the schedule all over the place but most weeks is pretty easy to achieve - back to that next week. Sticking to 1300 or fewer calories can be hard, didn't make it 2x this week but other days I was under and I think it probably evens out math wise. The Habit Tracker - it's the PnP work that is having me not make the habits (5 of the 7 days I didn't make it, that was the only one I didn't hit). It's tempting to change the habit BUT - I need to do it and erasing it from view for a false win isn't going to improve my actions so I'll have to keep taking the lump or arrange to be intentional with it. Suck it up, Creampuff, as it were.
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- way over
    Water- under
    Exercise-0

Didn't eat all day and by dinner time I had a major headache and was starving. Since I didn't feel good DH went and got cheeseburgers and onion rings. Needless to say I messed up on everything...calories way over, carbs way over, but I'm not going to stress over it since I had a couple days where I only ate 800 and something calories.
    Did better on my smoking...12 cigarettes today. Not so good on my water, only drank 1 bottle (16.9) oz.
    I'm turning in early tonight, will catch up on the posts tomorrow.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Steps for 2/12 - 15638
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @sunshineplace good to see you checking in! I hope tomorrow isn't as bad as you're expecting.

@teresaw1210 My Fitbit is a Versa 2. I definitely have some kinks to work out but it's been fun so far! Sounds like you had a great day!

@raleighgirl09 Great insight into dealing with scale numbers and habits. You're doing amazing especially with all you have going on!

@prowell57 yes, 12 cigarettes is awesome, you're under the 15 you were hoping for! Sounds like the food balances out.

@bethanie0825 great steps!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stair treadmill, weights, strength, back yoga
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- 2 down
    Cardio 30 minutes
    Core/strength- done
    Yoga- done
    Decluttering- sorted through some magazines after eating
    Recipe- debating as I'm working through my produce box, first have to use up green vegetables

Day 1 of Fitbit has been interesting. I couldn't get it to track my stair workout (figured it out once home) and none of it counted as steps or much of a calorie burn despite my heart rate being 140 for most of an hour but I currently have 22,000 steps that are mostly from sitting in a rocking chair rocking for a few hours! I probably earned about 7500 of those. I'll have to either take my watch off when sitting or find a way to turn it off. This would be very unfair if I was in the step challenge and wasn't honest!

I say this every time I eat it but balsamic roasted fennel is so delicious!
  • kayla7303
    kayla7303 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Kayla7303 Weigh in
    Pw 190.6
    Cw 185.2
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    Sunshineplace
    Thursday
    Week 2
    PW 157.2
    CW 160

Back on track for me!
  • sunshineplace
    Options
    @teresaw1020 I do think checking in more often would be helpful. Reading the posts this past week gave me a serious reality check that I needed. I like your analogy of drawing a line in the sand. Thank you. I can’t believe you have daffodils coming up already. Oh how nice! Here it is weeks of gloomy weather. So hard on the mental health.

@raleighgirl09 you have me in stitches this morning. I love your positive attitude and your entertaining way of saying things.

Oh @katmary71 it is exactly as I expected but I’m not going to let this gain define my journey. Moving on. Back to weighing and measuring and tracking today. Back to making me more of a priority.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    759nlb8dkbez.jpg

The Slimpossibles Step Challenge Is Going High(er) Tech! We are going to try migrating the weekly Steps Challenge to a new platform that we think will make it easier to participate and easier to manage starting in March. Yay!

Steppers, Get Set up Now for the March Challenge!
    If you might be interested in the weekly Slimpossibles Step Challenges in March, please go ahead and get set up.

The spreadsheet is still how step challengers are tracking steps through the end of February.

To Figure This Out As You Go, see this link:
    https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    Follow directions to set up a FitRockr profile, connect your fitness tracker and then join the Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge.

For Step-by-Step Help:
    FIRST, SET UP A PROFILE ON FITROCKR
    GO to https://www.fitrockr.com/
    SELECT Sign Up
    - You'll be asked for your email address (optional newsletter) and you'll need to choose a password.
    - Your next step will be to connect your tracking device to the FitRockr platform. Supported devices include Apple Watch, Fitbit, Garmin, Google Fit, Nokia/Withings, and Android/Apple Phone.
    COMPLETE your Profile Data. You can set your First Name and Last Name to be something close to your MFP name if you like.
    NOTE: FitRockr asks for your Gender, Year of Birth, Height and Weight in order to calculate fitness-related Points. You need not enter correct data if this makes you uncomfortable, but know that they don't share that data with other people. Only your profile picture, first and last name are shared with other FitRockr users. All other data is private and is only visible to you.

NEXT, JOIN THE SLIMPOSSIBLES CHALLENGE ON FITROCKR
    JOIN the Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge by going here (you'll need to log in or be logged in to FitRockr):
    https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    If all went well, you will see the message "Congrats! You just joined the following league: Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge"
    SELECT Enter to see your ranking in this week's challenge.

Once You Are Set Up
    Going forward, you can view the Slimpossibles Step Challenge league at any time using this link:
    https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5e42dbe44dbe5b000197407b

Your steps will be tracked automatically when you sync your fitness tracker.
    You will not need to do anything to be entered in the next week's Slimpossibles Step Challenge.
    Easy peasy! :smile:
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices ✔️
    Exercise: martial arts class (88 min) ✔️
    Water: over ✔️
    Habit Tracker
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) ✔️
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) ✔️
    Grateful for: my so-much-improved health and my husband's sense of humor!

Goals and Improvements for Today (Thursday)
    -- Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    -- Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    -- M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    -- Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    -- Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    - Work on the To Do List, including at least 2 minutes of cleaning my desk and making my office a great place to work.
    - Finish reading and homework for my Tiny Habits online class and remember to log in on time!
This discussion has been closed.