Options

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Weigh in

PW: 156.8
    CW: 158.4

Well that looks pretty bad, but I had a pizza last night so I'm sure a lot of it is water. Last week was terrible for me calorie wise but I start a new week today so I'm just looking forward.

Ordering pizza was an impulse and it's weird- I just don't enjoy it anymore, but everyone once in a while it's the idea of it that seems really good. So it is what it is, I had some left this morning but I just tossed it so I could start fresh.

Goals

Accomplishments from last week
    -did all my workouts
    -meditate every day 3/7
    -wash my face every night 3/7
    -write each day 3/7
    -mobility work before each workout 3/7 ish

So not so great on my other goals. Hoping to do better this week. This week:

Goals this week:

-planning 8 or 9 workouts (trainer x2, run x2, stairs x1, core x2, extra upper body workout- one or two. I'm in the process of rejigging my core workouts and may come up with some extra bodywork for legs/hips, this would be to try to target some stuff specifically for runners, but I'm still working on it).

-my other goals are the same as above.

-One addition is adding some physio work. I saw a physio last week and he gave me 2 simple things to do daily. One is for my wrist bc I have osteoarthritis. One is for my back bc I've been having some low back pain.

@TeresaW1020 I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sure the anniversary is very difficult. I hope you and your husband were able to spend some time together.

@prowell57 - I know you've been struggling but you've got a loss there anyway, that's great!
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain wow it sounds like studying for an exam. I think fight, flight, or freeze is absolutely true. I've always been kind of interested in martial arts but I feel like I'm just not fit enough. Also I just like strength training more and I can't do everything lol. But I did try a self-defense class 2 years ago that was essentially based on taekwando. I enjoyed it but found it hard. At my gym there are a couple of trainers that are black belts - one in some kind of martial art, and one in boxing or kickboxing? I don't know if you get belts for that. Occasionally I've done a single session with them. It's hard! I couldn't even remember how to place my feet.

But I find it very impressive to watch them with people. The martial arts trainer has actually been working on an photography project with a professional ballet dancer because a lot of the poses are similar I guess? So they develop shared poses and are photographed. It's beautiful. If I ever get a link to any of their work online I will share it with you- like if they ever make it public.

Have a good day all!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,581 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a few of us had pizza this weekend! I have to say it was worth it as the vegetarian pizza I made was really good, I'm loving the Egg my brother makes them in.

@Apple852hk some of that weight is probably from sodium from the pizza, great job not snacking!

@prowell57 great job staying in the green!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @its_cleo I always gain weight after eating things like pizza. After a weekend of buffets I was up 9lbs, I about fainted! It was strong of you to toss it though if you didn't enjoy it the calories aren't worth it. This will be a great week for you, love your planning! I like your workout variety. I have things I'd like to try but feel similar to you about already having a lot I like to do. If you want a small workout that's helpful for the back check out the app Fit On yoga workout Get Your Back Back with Vytas. I've done this every day for the last few weeks, it's 16 minutes and includes the majority of my physical therapy stretches and strengthens the core but isn't too hard. I've finally stopped shaking when I do it! It's a good cooldown after cardio and planks/pushups/situps etc.

• prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I feel so much better after a good night sleep. I've got to learn to let go off things I have no control over. DH always tells me I let things bother me too much, guess that's one thing I need to work on!
    @TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. You're in my prayers.
    @raleighgirl09 I'm glad you're having a good time on the coast. I enjoyed your story about the salad. Sounds like you've got it under control.
    @Katmary71 you are such an inspiration with keeping up on all your goals/habits. I enjoy hearing about all your different recipes. Gives me ideals on what I can fix.
    @its_cleo I struggle with my calories also. MFP sets my calories at 1200 with 50% of those coming from carbs. That's to many carbs for me. Keto calculator sets my calories to high so I just chose a number in between. Seems to be working so far 😉.
    @AustinRuadhain thank you for the kind words and the suggestions on getting me time. That's another thing I need to work on.
    I tried to go back and read everyone's posts but when I came back the post I had started was gone...oops guess you can't do that lol. Hope everyone has a wonderful week a head!
  • prowell57
    Options
    One of my mini goals for this month was to get out of the 190's. I've got 2 weeks left to lose about 6 lbs. Don't know if I'll make it or not but hopefully will be close! I've decided to start a journal. I've heard journaling can be a good way to release stress.
    @Motiv8tedMom awesome loss this week👍🏼
    All this talk about pizza has me craving it now 😋.
    @Katmary71 I love veggie pizza. My daughter turned me on to them about a year ago. It was so tasty I didn't even miss the meat.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in:
    Week 2
    PW- 187.3
    CW-187.6
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Steps:
    2/11- 8847
    2/12-11,000
    2/13-9336
    2/14-6999
    2/15-5888
  • Cornanda
    Options
    Long time, no see check in. I just read 70 posts! Last week got busy at the end and I was a bit under the weather this weekend. @raleigh_girl, I lol-ed at a couple of your posts. I think it was @theresa_0901 who was talking about the perfect week. I am still striving for that. First I think it's time I looked over my habits and was honest with myself about where I am slipping. Easier said than done! @prowell57- hang in there, you are doing so many good things in spite of great struggles. Be kind to yourself.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in
    Steps 02/15 13,430

Yesterday was such a bust, I am super disappointed in myself for binge eating last night. It kinda wasn't a great day anyway with delayed meals and super hunger but too much alcohol and then deliberate wanton behavior just topped it off; I was about 1500 calories over - yeah, accurate number of zeros. Super bad. =<
    Talked about it with hubby and if I am going to have 1500 extra calories in a day - it should at least be planned and something really, really great that I would love - like the January day when I had a personal pizza at Mellow Mushroom and it was so tasty and wonderful and no bad feelings about it. That's the worst part, the feeling so awful about the eating. I haven't done binge eating as a thing for a long time until Thursday night (I realized with last night that that's what that was) and all of the crappy feels that come with it. =< =< =< Ughughugh!

Today, of course, has been much better and I suspect will end that way and will be followed by many more good days. Nothing like a come to Jesus moment for a scared-straight streak.

NEXT DAY ENTRY
    Planned and Prelog 3 meals? no - the day was ok but the night landed in an ugly heap
    Times? B 11a, L 3p, D 8p
    Non-planned eating and thoughts? ugh - a flatout binge after dinner. Too much alcohol leading to just eff it eating. Truly - followed by guilt feelings and being mad at myself for it
    Hunger? way too hungry for lunch as it got delayed, then dinner delayed by a busy restaurant and the staff running behind - saltines on the table were way too easy to just grab several packs of and eat
    Exercise? two walks by the water!
    Sleep? 1145p-915a (but awake 7-8a) [log the morning after]
    Assessed the previous day / week / month?
  • its_cleo
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 sounds like a lot of us overdid it last night! Maybe it's the weather. I came away with the same realization- much better to plan an indulgence to really make sure it is enjoyable and worthwhile. Hope the week is better for you.

@prowell57 Yeah I think MFP numbers often need tweaking to work

@Katmary71 thanks for the youtube rec. You know he was on Survivor several years ago? He was kind of a slimy guy tbh, lol. But he did seem good at yoga. He did not win, but his brother also played and won. He always seemed a little jealous of his brother.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    This post won't let me edit! :s

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY STEP CHALLENGE!! Hey Steppers! Please check the link and see what steps you need to report so that I can announce our weekly winner tomorrow. Thanks!! :)

Step Challenge

d6qy46tyxpwd.png

2/16 Accountability (Habit Tracker)
    Track Every Bite-- I did track and I was good but then I got this mad craving for some wine so DH opened a bottle of red and I had one glass and totally plan to have another one in just bit.
    NO gain on the scale- The scale was up 2 lbs!! I was perfect in my eating yesterday but I had such an intense leg day workout with weights and then I cleaned for several hours. My legs and butt are still killing me today!
    Workout or 7500 steps-I didn’t do a workout program but I did sweep, mop, clean the front bathroom, and other things around the house. This place is sparkling!! Steps for 2/15-8855
    IF (17+ hrs)- I fasted 19 hrs today!
    Thoughts for the day-Today was a good day! It was my Sunday to teach children’s church and we talked about how our words have the ability to bring life to a person or bring death. Then we played musical chairs which was hilarious! I am so blessed to be able to have so many wonderful kids in my life.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    swn2oomtpkgj.png
    Sorry for the delay! Here are the results for WEEK 2 of the February F2F Challenge at last.

q9t083o8sn6a.png

PLACE TEAM by PERCENTAGE LOST
    1st Downsizers 0.40%
    2nd WaistAways 0.37%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.24%

PLACE TEAM by POUNDS LOST
    1st Downsizers 18.8 Lbs
    2nd WaistAways 16.5
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 13.2 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL by PERCENTAGE LOST
    1st @kayla7303 2.83%
    2nd @Kguin0323 2.46%
    3rd @mrsjar5311 2.29%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL by POUNDS LOST
    1st @kayla7303 5.4 Lbs
    2nd @Jen_967 4.8 Lbs
    3rd @kguin0323 4.4 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Pearl4686
    @Wilsonkellies
    @Jen_967
    @Kpaige428
    @apple852hk
    @Lindamtuck2018
    @rosieposiesrl
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @samuel860

And here are the top 3 Mission Slimpossibles for the week:

wc5zeurmg1ra.png
  • prowell57
    Options
    Congratulations to all the winners🎉🎉
  • prowell57
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Feb 16
    Calories- under
    Water- under
    Exercise- 0

Habits/Goals
    1. Keep carbs at 40g or less
    2. Drink 64oz water daily
    3. Exercise 3x weekly at 30 min each time
    4. IF 12 hrs a day
    5. Cut down smoking to 1/2 pack per day

I went over on the carbs. Had left over pasta from yesterday, thank goodness it's all gone now!
    I drank 50.7 oz water today, one more bottle and I'd meet my goal but if I drank a bottle of water this late in the day I'd be up and down all night having to go to the bathroom. I think tomorrow I'll drink my first bottle while the coffee is making maybe that'll help me meet my goal.
    Have decided to cut down to exercise 3 times a week for 30 min each. Maybe it won't seem so much to begin with and will be easier to get started.
    I've been studying Intermitten Fasting, I'd really like to give it a try..I think I'm ready. Going into this slowly thought I'd start with fasting 12 hrs a day and see how it goes then slowly work up to 18.
    Was kind of so-so with my smoking today. I've smoked 14 (4 over my limit of 10). I'll get there...one step and one day at a time!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @its_cleo I had no clue Vytas was on Survivor! I hate hearing he was sleazy, that's too bad! He does have a relaxing voice. One of his routines is super hard, lots of doing one-legged stuff and I fall all over the place. On the app another instructor I liked without recognizing was Jonathan from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I know FitOn has a Gabrielle Union workout but I'm sticking with yoga.

@Motiv8tedMom nice loss!

@prowell57 I think with all you have going on a journal would be great! I'm glad you're feeling better today.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Exercise- bike, core/strength, yoga
    Calories- under
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- going tomorrow
    Cardio 30 min- done
    Core/strength- done
    Yoga- done
    Decluttering- finally done sorting magazines
    Recipe- counting the Dijon chicken. I'm cooking for the homeless at the church most of the week so aside of never cooking for a lot of people I don't see new recipes until it's over. Being totally new to making refried beans I'm shocked at the amount of animal fat that goes into it, I usually get fat-free refried beans!

Fun produce item of the week was rambutan, it was cheap and all prickly so I couldn't resist as I'm out of new stuff to try at this store. It's pretty good, you just don't get much of it!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Monday weigh in:
    Username: wrknonmedaily
    Week 7
    Monday
    PW 227
    TW 226.2 TOM so sucks!
    Off for Presidents Day. Plan to prep for week and really commit these next 3 weeks. End of at work challenge is March 9th.
This discussion has been closed.