MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE Team Chat - March 2020

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
edited February 2020 in Social Groups
Welcome Fat2Fit Challengers

Here is your Team chat room! This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Cheer each other on to success!
We are beginning the March 2020 Challenge - We have six great teams this month. The group and team leaders are as follows:
Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @beka3695
Lisa - @cafelelia
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and (open)

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossible - @AustinRuadhain, @Katmary71 , @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Angmarie28
Weight No More - @nstephenson01
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @evangsimmons170
Shrinking Assets - @TheMrWobbly (Fitness Captain)
Downsizers - @UTMom81 and @Kres567

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, and at the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off.

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the β€œAnnouncements” section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love!! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin.

THANKS!
Β«13456715

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Howdy, March Slimpossibles Challengers!

I'm Austin, one of your three Team Motivators! Along with the awesome @Katmary71 and @raleighgirl09 , I work with our fearless Team Captains @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020 as needed to help keep this wonderful group humming along!

I joined Fat2Fit over a year ago, part way through my journey, and find this group to be super helpful and supportive. I have lost over 130 pounds since I started work on losing weight (January 2018), and have reached a healthy weight. I am now working on to build muscle and fitness. I study martial arts and love walks, so you'll hopefully see those activities on my check-ins. I love to read up on things, and have studied habit building* and nutritional science** as I have worked on losing weight and getting healthier. Every body and every person is different, and I have enjoyed learning more and engaging in the kind of science experiment of figuring out what works for me. Making it happen has been and is still all about developing new habits for me, so every so often I burble about habit building!

Cheers,
    Austin

* If interested, check out the work of B.J. Fogg (professor at the Stanford Behavior Design Lab)! He has a book called Tiny Habits, which I love. If you want to reprogram your health and fitness habits, the Tiny Habits system in this book is super simple and practical and unexpectedly (to me) fun. Fogg's team has a weekly free Tiny Habits course to help you build new tiny habits to make your life better! If you get at all interested, though, the book is even better.

For inspiration on habits, see also the work of James Clear (author of Atomic Habits). His talk on How to Get 1% Better Every Day was particularly inspirational to me. He kicks it off this way:
    "So if you were able to improve by 1% each day for an entire year... you would end up 37 times better at the end of the year. And if you were to get 1% worse, you would whittle yourself down almost to zero."
    I just love that message -- you don't need to change something huge to reach your goals. You don't need to change everything all at once. Start small. Keep making small changes. Persistence will get you there!

** If interested, check out the nonprofit, research-based site nutritionfacts.org as a great place to start.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Welcome to our new members - and welcome back returning members!! I am soooo glad you are all here! :)

I am Teresa a Mission Slimpossibles captain along with captain Mark(@broncobuddee) as well as one of the Fat2Fit Group Motivators. On Team Mission Slimpossibles we also have three incredible motivators, @AustinRuadhain, @raleighgirl09 and @Katmary71 who work very hard to keep the conversations going and are always willing to give advice and support!

Here are some pointers to get our new team members started:

1) Weigh-ins

It is VERY important that you follow the following format for posting your weights. @broncobuddee takes care of recording our weights and he appreciates being able to find your weigh-ins easily.

Username: (Your MFP username)
    Weigh-in week: (The week you are entering your weight for ex. Week 4)
    Weigh-in day: (The day you weigh in each week. Sat-Fri)
    Previous Weight: (The last weight you entered)
    Todays Weight: (Your weight on your chosen weigh-in day)

2) Check-ins

Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we really encourage our team members to participate in daily check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. One way to check-in is to give the information below or you can just write a post and tell us about your day.

Calories: over/under?
    Water: over/under?
    Exercise:
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow:

3) Monthly Step Challenge

The Slimpossibles Step Challenge is going high tech using the website Fitrockr to set up a team league that will track our steps. To join click the link and follow the directions to set up a FitRockr profile, connect your fitness tracker and then join the Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge.
    https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d

NEXT, JOIN THE SLIMPOSSIBLES CHALLENGE ON FITROCKR by going here (you'll need to log in or be logged in to FitRockr):
    https://www.fitrockr.com:443/#!/join/league/5e42db924dbe5b0001973d73/c81a3fad-1c5a-450d-aef7-6dc1a64a3e7d
    If all went well, you will see the message "Congrats! You just joined the following league: Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge"

Once You Are Set Up, you can view the Slimpossibles Step Challenge league at any time using this link, https://www.fitrockr.com/#!/challenge/5e42dbe44dbe5b000197407b
    You can also download the Fitrockr app for your iPhone or Android and keep up with your personal profile and your team challenge

3) Habit Tracker
    Fat 2 Fit just started the Habit Tracker last month and already it is a huge success among all the teams. You will find the Habit Tracker on the main page. It’s up to you to keep track of the habits you are wanting to track. It’s very motivating so please check it out!

4) Other Challenges
    We love challenges because they help us stay mindful of our goals and they allow us to get to know each other better! Look for challenges that you can be on the main page or within your group (i.e. step challenge). We will always do postings so you will know when a new challenge starts.

Your participation is key!! Have a success today? Share it! A challenge? Share it! A question? Please ask! Someone else is likely to benefit from your participation.

Finally, let's get to know each other! Please share your name, where you live, and what brought you here to The Fat 2 Fit Challenge Group. If you have specific goals for this year, please share those as well. We are here to support and cheer you on! :)

I’ll go ahead with my introduction

As I said above, my name is Teresa! I'm turning 54-year-old on March 2nd. How did that happen!! :o I'm a wife to the most incredible man ever! We are parents to our little fur diva, Maggie Mae. We are also moving my mother in with us this very weekend! Our lives are changing but we are praying that it will be all for the better. I am the ministry assistant at my small but very friendly church. I also volunteer as the 3rd-5th grade Sunday school teacher, one of the children's church teachers, and the Awana secretary. It's a good thing I like kids so much!! :D

I’ve been a member of The Slimpossibles for well over a year, maybe close to two now! I became one of the captains on this team a few months ago. And just recently was asked to join the owner, @jugar of Fat2Fit as one of her moderators. I love having the opportunity to serve and in the process, keep myself motivated on my own weight loss and fitness goals.

I’ve struggled with my weight for most of my life and in 2017 got serious enough to join Weight Watchers, which I stayed with for 2 years and lost 60 lbs. I have another 40 to 50 lbs to go and over this past year have tried several different plans with varying degrees of success. Just last week I decided to give WW another go and signed up to do online. I also have been doing intermittent fasting for over a year and in the last few months, I joined Beachbody On Demand and have been doing their workout programs and loving how much stronger I already feel.

As one of your captains, I promise to stay active in the group and do my best to keep you all motivated and committed to your health goals. If you ever have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to me. :)
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Hello, @gharvey2753 ! Welcome to the Mission Slimpossibles group!
    snpicjcfixds.gif

As Teresa says, we would love to hear a little about you, if you are up for an introduction! What brought you here to The Fat2Fit Challenge Group? Do you have specific goals for 2020 that you are working on?

This is a super great group! People come and share challenges, victories, failures and successes. I know I learn and am inspired by this team every week, and hope we can support you in whatever health and fitness goals you are working on!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited February 2020
    Options
    glzc0j9neves.jpg

Quick reminder - Don't forget to bookmark this thread for Team Slimpossibles, so you can easily find it later!
    8xflls5xct06.jpg

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    dld9rtqwjgid.jpg

The March moderators challenge is up!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest

This is all about sharing and documenting your healthy journey! Each week, we will post a theme by day and you get to post a photo related to that theme. You can post just a photo, or a photo with words, or just post words if you don't want to post a photo. It is time for the F2F family get creative for spring!!

Each day of the week is related to a healthy theme:
    Motivation Mondays
    Transformation Tuesdays
    Workout Wednesdays
    Thirsty Thursday
    Food for Though Friday

We have weekends off (and you can start taking photos for the next week)!

Week 1 themes are posted in the challenge thread and we start on Monday, March 2nd! See you there!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kathy and I'm one of the motivators along with AustinRuadhain and Raleighgirl. I don't recall the exact month I joined, I think it's been around 6 months now and I love our group! My weight hit it's highest after quitting smoking and having a double back fusion 12 years ago where I was bedridden and had to wait a year out for another back surgery to get my hardware removed (best results I've had from a surgery!). To make a long story short I was bedridden for years from chronic pain, went off hardcore medication a few years ago after 20 years, treated for depression, and have been slowly picking up the pieces since. I lost 45lbs over two years cutting back what I ate, then plateaued after a cruise. I came back to My Fitness Pal last January 2 but this time actually weighed food and jumped off the deep end changing everything at once. I didn't want another year to pass being as unhealthy as I was, on medication for diabetes, obese, having pain and vomiting from fatty liver disease, plus chronic back and nerve pain and had just been in the hospital for a week with pancreatitis. I hit 100lbs down in September and was notified the same day that I could discontinue diabetes medication.

I love working out, I can't believe what my body can do now! Standing for 10 minutes is so amazing. Every time I grocery shop and especially when I go to Costco and can actually walk around and lift a bulk container of cat litter I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. I usually use my recumbent bike at home or stair treadmill at the gym , weight lift three times a week, do a short back yoga routine, then do strength exercises like pushups and planks. I'm interested in doing other stuff but also like my routine so I'll probably slowly branch out. And I'm super psyched about having a Fitbit now! I've also been cooking for the first time in my life which has been fun, I enjoy trying new recipes and produce items.

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 I didn't know you were a motivator, although you are motivating :)

Well I looked for the Feb chat but it seems gone. Sorry I've not been around guys. Just a busy week with work. And my computer is not working well so I ordered a part and hopefully that will come next week.

Doing well this week- on track for calories so far. Exercise 9 activities this week which was tough to work in and I really stacked it at the end of the week.

Core x2
    Runx2
    Stairsx2
    Upper/lower body strength training- 1 each, two total
    Extra arms workout

Tendonitis is still a problem. If I could turn back time and not do this to myself! My trainer was like- yeah I have tendonitis in my achilles tendon IT'S BEEN a YEAR. I hope that is not me. Today I was able to do rows and lat pulldowns with 1 lb. 5 reps. I know that sounds ridiculous, 1 lb, but with the injury I can do very little.

So anyway I took that as a success. Also they say dont rush it, so my biggest enemy is myself. So it is a success that I didn't try to do more.

Wanted to see how folks were doing so I miss the Feb chat thread. Anyway I was kind of track with the habit tracker this week so I hope to get back to it tomorrow and set some new weekly goals.

Intro

I'm Cleo, Canadian 43 year old desk jockey. I love baseball and basketball. For baseball I love the Jays and the Dodgers. Basketball- love the Raptors and do not care about that Kawhi guy at all. Give me Lowry anyday. That being said I hope the Clippers choke in the playoffs lol.

I was never very active then I started in mid 30s. I typically love exercising though I'm not always very good at it I just do my best.

• Katmary71
    Options
    @its_cleo I haven't been a motivator for long, just started last month. Congratulations on doing 1lb weights! I think you're doing an incredible job switching things up, I admire that you do different things.

@AustinRuadhain My Dad had the nerve to complete to me about having rotisserie chicken a few nights last week and he shares with my mom, I prioritize what I eat by when it goes bad as food waste drives me nuts so I'm eating it at least once a day until it's gone then making broth. It would be nice to share!

Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise stair treadmill, weights, strength, yoga, walking
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- done. I know I need to add more free weights to my routine and spotted the pulldown machine in the free weight area from the safety of my bench and have done it in physical therapy before so I added it today. It gave me the opportunity to be in a location where I could watch people using the squat rack and stuff I'm unfamiliar with.
    Cardio 30 minutes a day- done
    Strength/core exercises- done
    Yoga- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- did some plus 8 bags of books are out of the house. My mom was telling me how good some were but I loaded their trunk up anyway.
    Recipe- Middle Eastern chicken and garbanzo
    Get 10,000 steps- adding this in, it's a lot of habits but it's going to be in habit tracker.

My parents stopped by on their way to babysit my nephews. They just got back from Hawaii and along with a few items they brought me dark chocolate macadamian chocolates. They aren't bad calorie-wise if you can moderate, last time someone brought me a box it didn't last 24 hours!
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Mar 2020
    Sunday
    PW 159.6 (72.4kg)
    CW 160 (72.6kg)

Lost a little during the week when i weighed myself but then left me thinking i could eat a little more. Meant i had 2 burritos than just 1 as wasn't overly hungry but wanted to chew and eat more. Ate more chicken protein this past week but didn't feel like eating lunch much. Lead to eating more bread sandwiches.

GOALS next week
    1. Drink a mug of tea before eating breakfast
    2. Eat less portion
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    check in

PW 155.8
    CW 155.4

I'll take that. I was under my calorie goals this week but barely. It was tough.

In terms of other weekly goals last week I did so so.
    Washing my face at night- I think 50/50
    Mobility work before workouts- didn't do very well with this. Back at it this week

Goals the same this week and I need to do a better job of tracking.
    -wash face
    -mobility work
    - exercisesx8
    - no drinking next weekend bc I'm going out for dinner Tuesday and it's too many indulgences lol

My trainer has changed my sessions it used to be upper body/lower body. Now he is doing push/pull sessions which is harder to plan my cardio around so we will see. He did that because of my tendonitis.

Super lazy day today lol.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    WEEK 4 WINNERS

223ox7c78ju5.gif
    60e6xjoxsy9x.png
    ufx8wbvl85lq.png
    kcjp79911vjr.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.46%
    2nd Waist Aways 0.36%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.13%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 17.6 Lbs
    2nd Waist Aways 15.8 Lbs
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 6.5 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @TheMrWobbly 3.73 %
    2nd @19shmoo69 2.42%
    3rd @cory17 2.22 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @TheMrWobbly 7.6 Lbs
    2nd @19shmoo69 6.0 Lbs
    3rd @cory17 4.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @jennt817
    @zuzu_smartypants
    @mrs_chivonne
    @Jen_967
    @Emmajhare
    @apple852hk
    @its_cleo
    @Terytha
    @iamworthy14

ya1abtxqumrv.png

• Beka3695
    Options
    FEBRUARY OVER ALL WINNERS
    827nbwl4u7v7.jpg
    jskuzhvi9xyj.png
    68p52diroomk.png
    9o604nuzuksk.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Downsizers 0.83%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.82%
    3rd Mission Slimpossibles 0.75%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 38.6 Lbs
    2nd Downsizers 32.3 Lbs
    3rd WaistAways 31.4 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @TheMrWobbly 5.53 %
    2nd @Emmajhare 5.19%
    3rd @achagpar 4.39 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @TheMrWobbly 11.5 Lbs
    2nd @Jen_967 10.4 Lbs
    3rd @timibotkin 8.8 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @raleighgirl09
    @SheilaCali
    @TeraBbreakingFree
    @mylifeasoliveoil
    @kayla7303
    @Terytha
    @KUMEcyclingteam

j8w42zm04nxe.png

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Weigh In Week 1
    Sunday - March 1
    PW: 199.2
    CW: 194.6

I am on Day 5 of the Daniel Fast. My body has been purging out the icky stuff and I'm feeling better already...and the scale shows it!

Intro:
    I am a single mom of all adult children - son is 24 and in the Navy (currently deployed, so pretty stressful for me), oldest daughter will turn 23 this month and lives with her husband about an hour south of me, and my youngest daughter just turned 20 last month. She lives at home and is attending the local community college and working. I work in Community Development for my county in Michigan (been there 15 years now). I also love love love to rubber stamp and make cards and sometimes scrapbook. I'm an active member of my church and organize the Women's Ministries activities. I've been vegan for 8 years, but fell into the usual junk food/fast food/convenience food trap and now I have about 45 pounds to lose. I'm your typical yo-yo'er, but I don't want to be anymore. I've been in this group for just one month, but it has been a huge blessing to me and I hope it is for everyone else, too!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - What a great weigh-in! So delighted for you! πŸŽ‰
    Thanks so much for the introduction! I love those goals, not just the weight but eating healthy and finding a way to make that an ongoing thing!

And 🌟 hurray Mission Slimpossible! 🌟 As a team we lost 38.6 pounds in February! Great work!
    Special congratulations to Slimpossibles who are on the leaderboards for last week and for the entire month!
    @raleighgirl09 , @TeraBbreakingFree , @kayla7303 , @apple852hk , @its_cleo !

@its_cleo - Your health and fitness work is so varied and so inspiring! πŸ‘πŸ½
    Oh, and as to Kawhi -- I am a longtime Spurs fan, and quit liking him so much when he got sulky and left the Spurs. He's a very skilled athlete, but didn't seem like such a great guy. (I still miss Manu Ghinobli. *sigh*)

@Apple852hk - It sounds like you had a great week overall. and you are only up a smidge. You keep up the great work, and things will average out to get you there! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

@Katmary71 - Thank you so much for your intro, too!
    🎈 And this was my favorite part, as I have had this exact same experience! A big yes! Costco bags of cat litter are huge, and I am so excited I can now buy them!
    when I go to Costco and can actually walk around and lift a bulk container of cat litter I'm overwhelmed with gratitude

@digger61 - Great weigh-in! Congratulations!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    b6y5n0sg6bk0.jpg

Want to Join the Step Challenge for March?
    If you have a fitness tracker that counts steps and want to play, sign up for a free account on FitRockr and use this link to join our private league. FitRockr gathers step counts from most major fitness trackers. Once you get set up, your steps get sent over when you sync up with your regular device platform.

February Step Challengers we don't think are signed up on FitRockr
    @Cornada , @gwamajtw91 , @Kpaige428 , @rachelleashsmom and @TeraBbreakingFree -- If you guys are signed up on the FitRockr Slimpossibles team, we don't have your MFP name and FitRockr name matched up. Just message me or TeresaW1020 and let us know if you are signed up and we haven't identified you.

Two Mystery People on FitRockr -- Ann P. and Katherine A.
    We have an "Ann P (a Fitbit user)" and a "Katherine A (a Fitbit user from Orangevale)" signed up on FitRockr.
    Can you guys message me or @TeresaW1020 to let us know your MFP handle? Or, if you prefer, change your FitRockr handle to match MFP? Don't want to pry, but we do want to post weekly winners here in our regular conversation thread! (And, hey, both of you are rocking an amazing number of steps!)
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I also love love love to rubber stamp and make cards and sometimes scrapbook.

I can totally relate. I usually just make cards to post on my blog but I've spent the past 2 weeks prepping for card classes and have been letting my workouts slide πŸ˜•.

• Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi I'm Jackie. I'm 56 and live in Ontario Canada with my hubby of almost 30 years. We have a 22yr old son still at home and a 25yr old daughter who's getting married next year. I work part time in a little chocolate shop which makes it very difficult to stay away from sugar. I've been with this group for over a year.

This year I'm focusing on consistency. February was a complete write off for me but planning to get back on track and make March my best month yet

Here are the last of my steps for Feb. I'm excited about Fitrockr challenges. Thank you @Teresa1020 for setting it up.

Steps
    2/28 - 7,065
    2/29 - 6,823
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello team! I’m Sharon from Ontario. I joined this group October 2018 and I remember that because it was also the month I joined WW. I had much success for the first four months but since then life seems to be getting in my way. Thankfully due to being a part of this amazing group I have been more or less maintaining my loss until I feel I can focus on losing the rest of the weight. I am hoping that March is going to be my month!!

Thank you to all of you who give your time to this group! I read and appreciate all your comments and posts even if I don’t respond to someone specifically.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @apple852hk Sounds like good goals for the week, if you find good teas definitely share!

@its_cleo nice loss! I need to copy you and totally switch it up one week instead of sticking with my routine.

@apple852hk @its_cleo @raleighgirl09 @TeraBbreakingfree @kayla7303
    CONGRAGULATIONS!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so glad the fast is going well and your body is responding to it.

@Jactop OMG, how in the world do you handle working at a chocolate shop??? I admire the heck out of you for that! I took Wilton cake decorating classes and thought about working at a bakery at one point, I would've been huge as I love icing and chocolate and of course you have to taste what you make!

@sunshineplace Smart to work on maintaining until you feel ready to lose, it'd be so easy to backslide and regain instead. I hope March is a great month for you!

• Katmary71
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    Exercise- bike, yoga, core/strength
    Calories- under
    Water- over

Habits
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/core and strength- done
    Weights 3xs a week- last week done, going tomorrow
    Decluttering/cleaning- done