• leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW (2/28): 199.2
    Check in weight (3/4): 196.2
    Check in weight (3/12): 197.2

My anxiety is trying to get the best of me with all the news this week, but I won't let it! (trying so hard anyways). It's been easier to get back onto plan than I thought it would. I feel better, and have kept up the small bitty daily movement. I have yet to set foot in the gym and now have even more hesitancy (thanks anxiety and news!)...I hope everyone is feeling well!
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sunshineplace
    Thursday
    Week 2
    PW 157.6
    CW 156.4
  • sunshineplace
    sunshineplace Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello to all. Thank you for all your posts. I’m doing fine so far and hope it stay that way. Just need to get my all daycare kids healthy again!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 I hope you're feeling better soon!

@raleighgirl09 One of my friends on here sent me the recipe, here you go! I'd been wanting to try making Indian food and it's my first time, the garam masala I bought smells so good I just enjoyed the fragrance for awhile as my bowl cooled. If you make beans from dried I think this would be even better that way, can't wait for tomatoes to be in season again! My only downside with curry is it has coconut milk and I don't care for coconuts. I really would like to make a curry without it! Have a wonderful weekend!

Chana Masala (6 servings though I made it into 4)

1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
    4 large cloves garlic... I usually press my garlic that activates enzyme in it.
    1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped (1-inch) (any red, white or yellow is good)
    2-3 medium size tomatoes
    6 tablespoons canola oil or any oil that you use (I used less)
    2 teaspoons ground coriander
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
    1/2 teaspoon red paprika
    2 ¼ cups no-salt-added canned diced tomatoes with their juice (from a 28-ounce can)
    ¾ teaspoon salt
    2 15-ounce chickpeas
    2 teaspoons garam masala
    Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional- can use any herb you like or skip it)

Method:
    Heat oil add cumin seeds, garlic and ginger. Add onions. Saute it on medium heat. Then add tomatoes and salt and turmeric and red paprika. Cook it until it becomes sauce like consistency. Then add chickpeas and coriander powder, cumin powder and turmeric powder and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to slow maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add chickpeas and garam masala, reduce heat to a gentle simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes more. Serve topped with cilantro and lemon. Cilantro is optional :).
    ====================================

@TeresaW1020 Your dinner sounds delicious! I've really fallen in love with brussel sprouts in the last year, of course they're best roasted! I know what you mean about people commenting on things like that, such as when there's comments about not being able to eat 1000 calories. I eat a lot of low cal stuff like vegetables but 1000 is still pretty easy! I think there's a few days I had to eat a couple peanut butter tablespoons and it was hard to stick with just a couple. Sounds like your workouts are going well!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @leonadixon I am glad you're feeling better and getting back into routine. The gym is definitely a different place now, I felt like I was there forever with wiping down everything, washing my hands, etc.

@sunshineplace nice loss!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- yoga, strength, Leslie Sansone 3 miles, walking
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- tomorrow's 3
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/strength- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- none
    Recipe- last was chana masala, I'm probably making Persian yellow split pea stew next but am also reading two Skinnytaste cookbooks I checked out from the library.
    10,000 steps- done

Between doing body strength exercises and yoga before going to an appointment and doing a lot of walking I wasn't up for the bike and decided to do something different. I used to do Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds before my last back surgery and have a ton on VHS I can no longer use but came across a DVD one so I gave it a go. I like her, she's not too bubbly but still friendly. I kept going for awhile after it was done and got a good workout out of it. The video's from 2005 so it's a little cheesy but I still enjoyed it. I can only imagine the styles in the VHS ones.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 285
    Todays Weight: 284
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 2
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 211.5
    Todays Weight: 210.0 :)
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @davors19 1lb down, awesome!
    @TeresaW1020 nice loss, 1.5lbs less, that's 6 pounds off your knees!

Friday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stair treadmill, weights and strength, yoga, walking
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- done
    Cardio min 30 minutes- done
    strength/yoga- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- just dishes
    Recipe- the chana masala
    10,000 steps- done
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!! I know that many of us are concerned about the events going on in our world right now. It's understandable that we can get caught up in the worry and stress and make choices in our eating and fitness that aren't on our plan. But by doing so we end up frustrated and angry with ourselves. So, breathe and do your best to control what you can control and let the rest go. Have an amazing day! <3

gluno4dfndo5.jpg
  • mlhopp93
    mlhopp93 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Username: mlhopp93
    Week: 2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 340
    Todays Weight: 338.2
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Weigh in March week 2
    Saturday
    PW: 209
    CW: 209
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    onbhsep5wxfs.jpeg
    Ok, Week 3 of the March Spring It Forward Challenge is Up! We start on Monday and here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787221/march-spring-it-forward-photo-challenge#latest

In the middle of the pandemic, I am finding it hard to stay focused. So this week’s challenge is about comfort and positivity. Please try to take a few moments each day and focus on the positive. A million thank you’s to @sleepymom5 for coming up with these themes and the quote idea. See you on Monday!

Motivation Monday- "If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way" ~ Napoleon Hill
    What are some small things have done that made a difference? Have you left a few bites on you plate? Added more steps in your day? Maybe a few extra ounces of water? Are there small things that your are doing right now for self-care or to help out others? Post a photo or describe the little things that make a difference to you.

Transformation Tuesday- “If you can dream it you can do it" - Possibly Walt Disney
    What was your dream when you started this journey? What are your dreams now? Post a photo or describe your dreams.

Workout Wednesday- “Old God sure was in a good mood when he made this place” - Hunter S. Thompson
    Send a picture of your favorite place for tranquility, reflection self-care or a workout rest day. It could be anywhere inside or out. Share it with us!

Thirsty Thursday- “Cheers to life that has given me a number of reasons to fall and much more reasons to rise.” - Arpita Nema
    Post a photo or describe what you drink when you are relaxing. Do you like herbal tea or a glass of wine? May you are into juicing or a skinny cocktail?

Food for thought Friday- “One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.” - Virginia Woolf
    Ok, show us or describe your comfort food. It can be healthy or not, but we all have our favorite foods or meals that provide us comfort.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Saturday check in

Had a good day. Ate a lot of off-plan food but not unexpectedly. Had a couple of wins in not eating when I had an urge to just grab it because it was there - I actively assessed the urge and decided to let it pass. Had some great sweet treats that my friend made and plenty of goodies. => Back on plan for tomorrow, including writing my plan. Pic of me at the bottom. It felt amazing to be dressed up and feel great about that and I danced like a fiend!! Had a fantastic time, it was really was a wonderful celebration!

Meal Planning: I didn't do a plan for today. Skipped B, lunch was very little but a salad on plan and D was wedding fare
    Food: had some wedding cake and some app type stuff - the majority of food for the special occasion is not food on my plan but it was expected for today
    Hunger: low hunger for the most part but a lot of nibbling
    Water: under
    Sleep: on target

b4zcd71c77zw.jpg

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Good evening, Slimpossibles!

@Cafelelia and @sleepymom5 - Thank you so much for this challenge. I know that for me, thinking about healthy ways to take care of myself is so important this week. 🙏

@digger61 - Congratulations for successful maintenance this week! I hope you are feeling well and taking great care of yourself. 👍🏽

@mlhopp93 - 🥳 Congratulations on the fabulous weigh-in! That's fabulous! Whatever you are doing, it's working! And I can see on the Step Challenge that you are getting in those steps! 👣

@TeresaW1020 - 🧘🏾‍♀️ "Breathe and do your best to control what you can control and let the rest go." Thank you for those thoughts.
    🎉 And as to your weigh-in - woohoo! Congratulations! That's just so wonderful! Keep up the great work!

@Katmary71 - You made so many great choices on Friday! What an excellent day! 👍🏽
    And as to the gym being different -- for what it's worth, I have gotten used to it. My martial arts school has us take these precautions routinely, and I don't notice a little extra time cleaning anymore.
    Another note - I so want to try this recipe. Oh, and I LOVE cilantro. 🥬 If you do too, be sure to eat the stems as well as the leaves. It's all tasty (assuming you are not one of the people to whim it tastes like soap).

@davors19 - 🥳 Wow! Congratulations on the fabulous weigh-in!

@Sunshineplace - I am so glad you are doing well, and hope you get those kids well soon! 🤗🌞

@leonadixon - I was just so delighted to see your post! Keep breathing. Any little bit of movement sounds like it is great. Does walking work for you at all? That allows for movement and outdoor time without the challenges of going to the gym right now? Whatever works for you -- hang in there!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I am sending a big hug your way. 👐 Life sounds stressful, and overall, you keep taking steps to create health for yourself. Be kind and compassionate with yourself is stress is spiking right now, and know we are here to cheer you on.

@bethanie0825 - I am SO sorry to hear about Influenza A and hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself. 👐
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check-in
    Calories: under; all good, on-plan choices
    Exercise: platform stepping (30 min); elliptical (45 min); weight training (10 min)
    Water: on track
    Habit Tracking
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min) ✔️
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min) ✔️
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily) ✔️

Goals and Improvements for Tomorrow (Sunday)
    Habit Tracking
    - Meditation (daily 2+ min)
    - Breathing Exercises (daily 2+ min)
    - M.A. Forms Practice (daily 2+ min)
    - Exercise (6 x week/45+ min)
    - Food weighed/measured/on plan (daily)
    Goals
    - Office cleaning/decluttering
    - Tiny Habits study
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @mlhopp93 nice loss!

@Digger61 great job maintaining!

@raleighgirl09 You look beautiful, I love your flowers!

@AustinRuadhain I AM one of those unlucky "cilantro soap gene" people! I really love the spices and use of beans/legumes in Indian food but the only dislikes such as coconuts and cilantro are commonly used.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- bike, body strength, yoga, walking
    Water- over

Habits
    Weights 3xs a week- last week done, next week may be a challenge but I have some light dumbbells I can throw around
    Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Yoga/strength- done
    Decluttering/cleaning- just dishes, no biggie
    Recipe- last was chana masala, I'll make the Persian stew this upcoming week
    10,000 steps- done

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Mar 2020
    Sunday
    PW 158.9 (72.1kg)
    CW 159.1kg (72.2kg)

No loss this week. Ate rice and noodles once a day instead of just veg for dinner.
    Managed to drink tea for breakfast before eating in an effort to slow down me eating so fast.

GOALS next week
    1. Eat yoghurt for breakfast instead of high carb hot cross buns
    2. Eat kiwi for a snack instead of a few m&m's

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Sunday check in

Good morning to everyone! I hope everyone has a great day today as we wind up for another week!

@leonadixon yeah, we get it... =< The news is made of the stuff we've all seen movies about and it's scary. I'm limiting some exposures by choice and limiting mine to others as necessary - no hugging my elderly mother until we're past this because I am so much more out in the world than she is and she's got some issues that catching the virus would make dangerous. Also wondering if I should not go to work this week as there were folks at the wedding from Boston - I can't decide if that's paranoid or not.
    @digger61 great job hanging steady, thinking of you
    @TeresaW1020 I so agree with @AustinRuadhain - "Breathe and do your best to control what you can control and let the rest go." That sentence is a gift!!
    mlhopp93 @davors19 @TeresaW1020 @sunshineplace a big CONGRATS to you all for a great weigh in!!! => B) Way to go!!
    @AustinRuadhain I used to wipe down in the work gym, just a few months back when it was available. I think it was MERSA (or however it is spelled) that prompted this years ago and I have just kept it up anytime I am using equipment that I'd get my germs on. I wasn't wiping beforehand (probably should have been) but I most certainly would be now. It's a balance these days between remaining calm and taking all precautions.
    @Katmary71 thanks! and thanks for the recipe, I'm going to try it this week. Gack on the soap/cilantro deal! I feel fortunate to love the flavor BUT I have had it strike me as not good when it was a lot or particularly strong, seems I have a slight understanding of what some folks experience all of the time. Loved the visual of your Thursday workout "partner" - VHS....going back to 80s? I would love to see them for the outfits and hair!!
    @Apple852hk having something hot like the tea before eating is a great idea! I hope you found that to help, I find for me that it is a great way to slow it all down. This is a very small blip on the radar that you can navigate around and may even just be a fluctuation more than a gain.

This discussion has been closed.