SHRINKING ASSETS - February 2020 Chat

Options

Replies

• guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @katypotts6437 Welcome! Every person is different, but here are some tips that helped me:
    1) Find a reasonable calorie goal for your body. When I first started, I tried to eat at 1200 calories (what MFP recommended for losing 1 lb a week for me). It was totally unsustainable. I was hungry and I would cheat because I just could not keep with it. Eating at 1350 calories seems like it wouldn’t be as quick, but I am able to stick with it and make more progress than when I was eating less.
    2) Every time you mess up, immediately start again. This is really, really hard for me still. For me, at the beginning of this process, I would mess up and not come back to dieting for months. Now, I mess up, and come back the next day. Consistency doesn’t mean perfection, it means getting back at it every time you mess up.

@TheMrWobbly and @SheilaCali I hope you guys both get back to 100% soon! It is absolutely no fun being sick. Keep at it and don't give up!

@boehle <3 sending lots of love your way. It sucks when people don't come through. Don’t let his behavior impact your mental health, and how you feel about yourself! You are so sweet to cook a dinner for him and try to have it ready. Even if you guys are disagreeing about things right now, I'm sure all of this will blow past.

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    What non-scale metrics do you guys use to track progress? I’m looking for ideas of something to track in addition to weight. I have some photos, but they are so subjective – it’s nice to have some numbers. Maybe I should do more regular body measurements? Thanks in advance!!

It’s typically advised to measure waist, thighs, arms, bust - losing inches is more valuable than scale weight. But tbh I haven’t been doing that.

I’ve used clothing as something of a guideline. As tight clothes become baggy, become too big, as I can fit into clothing that was too small, and am able to buy smaller sizes - this is evidence of real change. This has a bigger psychological impact for me. But it takes longer to see clothing changes, and I had to lose a tonne of weight before I needed to wear a smaller size.

Overall it’s about watching the long term trend. Weight can go up and down in the short term, but if on track with healthy eating (and following the right way of eating for your body), the trend should be down over a longer duration. Some people using apps that show their weight trend rather than just their actual weight, and it smoothes out those little ups and downs.

I weigh myself everyday, which has made the ups and downs more evident, which means I don’t take them too seriously because they are normal. I only really “count” the official weekly weigh in, which for most of my weight loss journey was a loss. Now I’m in maintenance, some weeks my weight is up, sometimes it is down, but interestingly when I have averaged the month, both January and February were within 100g (0.22lb) of my ideal weight so the ups and downs are evening out overall.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,215 Member
    Options
    Another wonderful new person coming your way - please welcome @Rielyn !
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    mustb60 wrote: »
    Hi all! These were posted on the Downsizers team chat.
    February
    Steps

24th Feb 10295
    23nd Feb 8458

I was sleepy when I posted that! 😅 Even the date is mixed up! Today is 24th!!😂😅 Sorry about the inconvenience caused by my mistake! Here is the correct data.
    February
    Steps

23rd Feb 10295
    22nd Feb 8458
    21st Feb 12585

They are good steps @mustb60 so feel free to brag about them on other teams pages. My total for the last 5 days, ZERO!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Welcome @Vanessa1166 and it is great to have you as part of the team. We have a team 'step' challenge as a group activity and you'll see more postings on that soon :smiley:
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I've been rubbish this month.... will face the scales in the morning and draw a line ready for an awesome, focused March.

Back to daily posting and support on here, I promise!

Hugs to all needing them
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    overdue:
    @iamworthy14

due today:
    @LaurieWrobo
    @KittyInBoots17
    @171Lake

I was less than 300 steps to get my 10k last night but I have been so tired. My dog has been ancy the last few nights and has had me up several times
  • jugar
    Options
    Yet another wonderful newbie coming your way - I could not resist putting them on this team - prepare to welcome @TheShrinkingYeti !
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17
    PW: 222.8
    CW 222.6

This is terrible! I don't know what's going on here, I have been going over cals required to lose weight, but not horribly. I guess this is maintaining. But I need to restart for March, that's for dang sure! I feel ridiculous, really I do. Let's do this!!!

• mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hi all! These were posted on the Downsizers team chat.
    February
    Steps

24th Feb 10295
    23nd Feb 8458

I was sleepy when I posted that! 😅 Even the date is mixed up! Today is 24th!!😂😅 Sorry about the inconvenience caused by my mistake! Here is the correct data.
    February
    Steps

23rd Feb 10295
    22nd Feb 8458
    21st Feb 12585

They are good steps @mustb60 so feel free to brag about them on other teams pages. My total for the last 5 days, ZERO!
    Lol. Effect of an overnight run can beat alcohol!! 😆

Hope you feel better and get back on feet asap! 💪

February
    Steps

26th Feb 20321
    25th Feb 10037
    24th Feb 20636
  • mustb60
    Options
    Warm welcome to @Vanessa1166 @TheShrinkingYeti 💐🎉🎊 Good to see new members joining our group! 😊
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    overdue:
    @iamworthy14

due today:
    @LaurieWrobo
    @KittyInBoots17
    @171Lake

I was less than 300 steps to get my 10k last night but I have been so tired. My dog has been ancy the last few nights and has had me up several times

Weigh in Wednesday:
    PW:157.0
    CW: 157.0

I'll take it....I had a meeting yesterday so not many steps, but hopefully that's it for a while so I can continue to lose 😘
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Thursday:

CharlesScott78
    PW: 358.9
    CW: 353.9
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 352 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Edited post because I thought today was Friday instead of Thursday! Couldn’t figure out how to delete.
  • jugar
    Options
    AND two more for you! @thebabadon and @RGILLESP1 will be joining you for March - have fun!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    overdue:
    @iamworthy14
    @171Lake

due today:
    @kmargut
    @Kilobykilo
    @suzyjmcd2

I am rolling over my last weeks weight in effort to not discourage myself from my monthly weigh in on Sunday.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    I need to eat a lot before Saturday's weigh in
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    overdue:
    @iamworthy14
    @171Lake

due today:
    @kmargut
    @Kilobykilo
    @suzyjmcd2

Sorry it must not be working at work hopefully 3rd times a charm

Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
  • mustb60
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Pre. Weight: 172.7 lbs
    Today's weight: 173.7 lbs

I suspect it's due to increased intake of carbohydrates because calories are on mark but carbs are way over than limit and low protein.

Steps
    27th Feb 20941
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Well it was always going to happen..... march is my month to focus after this unfocused (but delicious!) end to this month

Kilobykilo
    Pw 183?
    CW 186.2

On a mission to refind those 170s next month!
This discussion has been closed.