Making Exercise Fun

Options

Replies

• jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I ride a bicycle outside when I can inside in snowy winters. Social distancing Not a problem on a bike. I signed up for an online group 30 days of biking. April 1-30 2019 you ride take photos or not post experiences online. The people in Minneapolis got creative it snowed, rode in parking garages.
    It isn’t how fast or how far. It’s every day, making it part of your life. May 1st let’s see if I can do May. This is day 518.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @bobsburgersfan

*laughs*

I still don't have an activity I like lol Jury is still out on the jiu-jitsu - some classes have been fun, but others, like Friday make me question whether I really want to continue trying this thing out or just switch to a trainer and weight lifting where its just me, myself, and I.

• bmeadows380
    Options
    YOu are doing so well, Connie and are a great inspiration! I am so very happy for you!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    YOu are doing so well, Connie and are a great inspiration! I am so very happy for you!

You have done very well, too my friend!...we are going to be success stories!

How is the beau thing going?...( wink wink )
  • bmeadows380
    Options

@conniewilkins56 *blushes* going VERY well - I haven't scared him off yet :) The biggest downside - he's in Wisconsin and I'm in WV...
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Options

@conniewilkins56 *blushes* going VERY well - I haven't scared him off yet :) The biggest downside - he's in Wisconsin and I'm in WV...

@bmeadows380 I'm glad @conniewilkins56 asked because I’ve been so curious and silently cheering you on!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

@bmeadows380 I'm glad @conniewilkins56 asked because I’ve been so curious and silently cheering you on!!

Exactly!....curious caring minds want to know!......I am missing your posts Bmeadows!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @_inHisGrace and @conniewilkins56

*laughs* I've been a bit pre-occuppied of late to post :blush: Besides, it isn't exercise related lol
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    @emmyjaykay perhaps :)

Biggest downside is I'm in WV and he's in WI
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Crazy how our “ wants” change as we lose weight!....I ordered myself new water aerobics shoes,goggles,cap,weights and water resistant gloves for the pool....now if it would warm up again!...I am beyond excited!
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,325 Member
    Options
    LOL, Connie, I want all the fun workout stuff now!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

I got my box from Dicks Sporting Goods last night and tried it all on minus my swimsuit ( I had just got out of the shower! )... ROFL....my husband was dying laughing at me with my cap and goggles on and my aquatic shoes and gloves on....he asked me if I was going to bed like that!.... I told him not in this lifetime but I did look pretty funny!....now, try to get that visual out of your mind!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options

I got my box from Dicks Sporting Goods last night and tried it all on minus my swimsuit ( I had just got out of the shower! )... ROFL....my husband was dying laughing at me with my cap and goggles on and my aquatic shoes and gloves on....he asked me if I was going to bed like that!.... I told him not in this lifetime but I did look pretty funny!....now, try to get that visual out of your mind!

Darts!....it has been too chilly to attempt a swim since Thanksgiving!....it is supposed to be 80 degrees Thurs. so maybe I can get in the pool!...I plan on wearing my swimsuit, too!....lololololol
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Finally got to swim today....felt so good to use those muscles again....I can’t believe how quickly I got tired today....have to work back up to where I was!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Who would have thought that I would be writing a post about exercise being fun!....this morning I went to the gym and rode the bike for 20 minutes....I didn’t roll on the floor laughing when I was finished but I was really proud of myself and it felt good!.....next I did laps in the pool for 30 minutes, water jogged for 20 minutes , and 25 minutes of water aerobics!....came home and fixed husband and I lunch....then I dusted all of the furniture....now I am going to do some things in the kitchen....lately I love pushing myself to keep doing more....it amazes me every day how much I can do...I am not the same person I was 2 years ago...I feel better at almost 70 than I did 20 years ago...or even 40 years ago!...I am proof that anyone at any age can improve their health and lose weight....and I found the exercises that make me happy!

You're amazing. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • dcshima
    dcshima Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    @conniewilkins56 your determination & daily kicking @$$ is amazingly contagious!
    You are leveling up big time.
    Look out goals Connie is unstoppable 💪