WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - March 2020

Options

Replies

• Andreabroadley
    Andreabroadley Posts: 5,455 Member
    Options
    Ended up leaving a day early. You can shoot a bowling ball through the halls in the Calgary airport right now.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    So beautiful @Andreabroadley ! You and your sister look like you had a great time - you certainly went at the right time, even if you had to leave a day early. Things are getting more difficult day by day.

I had a beautiful hike all around our land today with my husband. The snow is hard packed and crispy enough with the cold weather that we could walk on top and go absolutely everywhere. There were tracks from all kinds of critters, the streams are running under the shells of ice, and the sun was shining. Felt good - even if reading the news is not a lot of fun right now.

It has been very quiet here today - I hope everyone is doing all right and having some time at home. Let's try to keep close as a good internet team can! Our health and exercise are even more important in tough times. @graceojo999 please keep well, and I hope your sister recoveres quickly. My heart is with you.

Two more weigh-ins due today:
    @reflectionofme
    @Juliemargaretkim

Hugs flying around to all of you!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing the best they can right now. @Andreabroadley Great pics and looks like you had a lovely time. Glad you made it home too! @graceojo999 So sorry about your sister. Hope she can recover soon!

Today my husband had to go get tested since he has had flu like symptoms. They will only do covid19 tests where we are. So instead of a flu test that would give results in minutes we have to wait several days. He is already feeling better so that is good. My school district canceled work for the whole week and that really helped with the stress. It was so nice and sunny today. Spent a lot of time outside with the kids and just rested in the sun on the deck! Had some over ripe bananas so I made a banana snack cake that was really good. I also made a macaroni salad. Probably the sunny weather made me think of summer. Also, carbs just taste great when stressed! After I put the kids to bed I did 40 minutes on my pilates reformer. It was a great workout. Today has been the first day in awhile I have been able to find time to feel normal. Our town is also in the process of shutting down. So weird and I really worry about businesses and workers. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit Congrats on the loss! You are doing so great and you are getting close to the 140's! Keep going and hope you are managing the crazy work changes and schedules 👍
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Steps 3/16= 8021

Happy St. Patricks Day !

Driving to work it was like I had my own personal race track.. It's a ghost town, drove by 2 grocery stores on the way in, they are not crowded at 7am... I will hit one on the way in tomorrow depending on how my daughter makes out at Costco this morning.. I gave her my credit card, a list and told her she could get things she wanted to, this could be scary... Everything is shut down, daughter no longer has a job, she worked for a bar/rest and they are all closed now... Son is working from home, he works for an investment company, so he will continue working. Youngest son is in the AF so he got this week off, then back to work next week.. I'm not sure why he got this week off, I think it's till the base gets it's new protocols worked out... Hubby and I are still working, Hubby does maintenance, so he is essential. I do office stuff, so as long as our guys are working I will be, and I have to be in the office because our accounting system is here, but all the other office people can work from home... The field guys will keep working till our clients tell us they don't want us there, and considering we have 3 projects where the houses are open to elements, I don't think they will tell us to leave...

My daughter is having a hard time with this so I am trying to keep her busy, but it's hard when I am at work and she is at home. Although I have anxiety, in situations like this I do not.. It's kinda weird, like when my mom got sick, I was the only one in the family who was able to take control and get the hospice set up, etc, etc... No anxiety, no panic, no thoughts of what if I make the wrong choice, and there were none after either.... But put me in a situation where I think people might judge me, and bam bring on the anxiety...

Anyhow... I did pilates this morning... and will do a 45 min video this evening..

Have a great day and stay safe everyone, hopefully this is all blows away as quickly as it came in...
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy St. Paddy's! It is snowing to beat the band here, as usual on this day - the weather tries to cover up ALL the green. I try not to take it personally - my dad is half Irish, so we get to feel Irish today.

Got any good ideas to share? Things to keep @Gidgitgoescrazy 's daughter busy, things to do with kids who are at home, ways to enjoy the contact with kids who are NOT at home, ways to help people who have to work through this, or who have lost jobs?

My idea for anxious daughter needing things to do: create some playlists to elevate the mood, and perhaps even induce dancing. A lot of Blues, weirdly enough, makes us feel less blue - and some super positive high energy songs can help anyone smile and get some moves on. Or a gorgeous playlist of classical stuff that swells the heart and calms the body. Gregorian chant for those inclined - it is a lovely way to take the mind on a walk while completely slowing down the body. Or ridiculous cowboy songs.

Today there are no weigh-ins and we can have a freewheeling discussion. What's on your mind?
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I bought this ridiculous thing:
    98ulflk6igdp.jpg

Except in seafoam green. Because I'm always freezing cold. Now when I'm stressed I'm going to hide in blanket town and play video games.

As a person who was once a kid and mostly still is, I highly recommend blanket and pillow forts.

Also if you have cornstarch and water and optionally food coloring, you can make non-toxic, non-euclidean slime.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    She would totally make slime....

I gave her a couple of projects so far, she can paint the mirror in the bedroom like she has been wanting too, and she can paint my front porch, and she can clean my patio furniture cushions that need it this year... The last 2 she will get paid for...

She got all of my list from costco... well not all, she could not get chicken, so I got a pork roast instead. She couldn't get Tuna, Uncrustables or Cheese... She said the line was to the back of the store but it took less than 7 minutes because they had it so well organized...
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Trying Tuesday! I was trying to be positive there. Lol Well, sounds like everyone is doing as well as can be expected. We are home, have plenty of food, and all restaurant and bars will shut down today at 5pm. They are still allowed to do take out.

In black humor, we just got a planning letter from a funeral home in the mail today. 😂 It lucky didn’t say “time sensitive.”

Played outside with Juliet today. She was so cute running around saying, “I LOVE running!” Got some steps in there.

I did not log yesterday. I just couldn’t. It weighed to heavy on me for some reason. I did eat 13 Robin’s Egg candies. I have not had candy in such a long time. I got up three time to get more. First, 4. Then 4 more. Then 5. I stopped myself there. I did ride my stationary bike for 30 minutes and bounced and meditated and prayed. It helped relieve my sadness/stress over this who worldwide crisis.

I am trying to be better about logging today. However, it will be a salty Corned beef and cabbage for dinner. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! 🍀

@conleywoods Let is know how your husband’s test turns out. Sending hugs and Light.

Thinking of you all my friends. Check in and let us help you get through this. This IS a tough one. But we’re all in this together. 💕🙂
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @terytha we bought a similar blanket hoodie for my daughter for Christmas and she LOVES it. I tried it the first week we had it and it was so comfy! Wanted to curl up in it - but she wanted it back so badly and I haven’t had the chance since.... 😂😂😂😂😂. Enjoy!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    The fuzzy blanket hoodie is amazing! I got a wonderful fuzzy blanket from my daughter for Christmas, and I have spent a lot of quality time wrapped up in it, letting it keep me warm instead of getting up from the couch to add more wood to the wood stove. That blanket just won't let me go :wink:

I had a huge job getting my toboggan up the hill today - laden with the last of our stocking up - my first ever internet grocery shopping order. Needless to say, they don't deliver here! The snow was SO heavy and sticky that pulling the toboggan, especially on the really steep parts, took some berserker Viking or Irish or some kind of crazy energy. I was almost horizontal, on my toes, pulling with all might, and the rope broke. Then I just tied the whole thing around my waist and hauled it that way. If anyone had been watching, they would have been doubled over laughing, I'm sure! Then I hit the really icy parts at the top - about 4 inches of new snow on top of glare ice, and the snow clogs up the cleats I have over my boots. I gave up there and just carried everything to the house! I think that delivery deserves a tip, don't you?

vn2cbamy54x7.jpg
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!

Weigh-ins are due for:
    @reflectionofme
    @Juliemargaretkim

Wednesday weigh-ins coming up tomorrow:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

As always, news is welcome along with numbers!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @jugar heroics on the driveway! Geez, what a trek! I still think you could use a snow mobile/4-wheeler...oh, I know! Phoebe can get you a Hummvie! That’d be amazing getting up your crazy riverbed/“driveway” would be a snap!
    It seems like it should be Thursday already but, no. It’s just that we’ve been catapulting through hours of drama with tinges of Pandemic.
    All is well. My Boston based daughter drove a 10-foot U-Haul truck with her stuff (remember when *all* of your stuff fit into one of those with room to spare??) - well, that was her last night. Rather than being potentially exposed to the C-19 virus, we put her up at a hotel nearby. Her plan is to go northward where friends of her paternal aunt have a vacant house she could be in for the next 13 days for free. I love how this is unfolding with all the right people helping. I was even given some help from my tenant who works at the same hotel Monica is in - he brought her a fresh cup of coffee. It helped lift all of our spirits with minimal wear and tear. It really is all about there little things.
    I’m staying away from work at this time and advocating for non-essential departments and positions to be shut down.
    There are too many people getting and spreading it through the greater community without having any direct contact - pretty scary.
    Now that the employee gym is closed, I’ll be doing walking and catching up on Pilates from last week.
    We’re also getting some housework done in the interim, which feels great.
    “Old fashioned” exercise at its best.
    Well darlings, have wonderful sleeps with delightful dreams. I’ll be back tomorrow!
    🥰😻😴
This discussion has been closed.