Isolation help

Options
andreadods
andreadods Posts: 37 Member
Hi I have just moved from weight watchers as the meetings were cancelled. I have long term health problems so my family is isolating. We are on day 2 and my kids are already moaning ha. So I could really do with some support on here. I have so much to lose and it would great to make a start now.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    andreadods wrote: »
    Hi I have just moved from weight watchers as the meetings were cancelled. I have long term health problems so my family is isolating. We are on day 2 and my kids are already moaning ha. So I could really do with some support on here. I have so much to lose and it would great to make a start now.

Hi @andreadods,

Welcome to LL.

How were you doing on weight watchers? Have you used this app before? How can we help?
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group, and to MFP.
    Challenging times are ahead, my class has been cancelled too and I am now home working so my steps are less than 2000 per day.
    We're a friendly bunch so stick with it :)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    I"m not big face-face style social person and I'm single with no kids, so that part of being home isn't the problem, especially since my parents and sister are right across the road. My problem, though, is to going to be the drive to snack and trying to keep my step count up, as I live in a rural area and don't have a neighborhood block to quickly walk around.

I'm technically about due to take a diet break, so we'll see how this goes and if the snacking becomes too hard to control while being at home, I'll implement the diet break.

Good luck to you, though! I have 5 cats that drive me crazy when I'm home; I can just imagine what a houseful of board kids can get to be!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Anyone who needs steps is welcome to take my dog during this seclusion. He is very stubborn spirited. He will pester you nonstop is always will to go outside to yank your arm off running this way or that for a lively stroll. You may spend a lot of time watching him not poop when he should be requiring several subsequent trips admiring nature.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    Anyone who needs steps is welcome to take my dog during this seclusion. He is very stubborn spirited. He will pester you nonstop is always will to go outside to yank your arm off running this way or that for a lively stroll. You may spend a lot of time watching him not poop when he should be requiring several subsequent trips admiring nature.

LoL....it sounds like your pup is still a handful...our Willow has settled down considerably and my arms no longer look like they were put thru a meat grinder from her jumping and biting...she still lunges on her leash and is so strong at 70 lbs she can pull you to the ground easily...she has stopped chewing furniture and cords....we can probably buy a new sofa now...good luck with your continued training!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    andreadods wrote: »

Hey @andreadods we have a weekly weigh in group over here, if you've your own scales at home and would like to do your weekly weigh in online. It's a tad quiet at the moment, but I am still running the monthly progress reports.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118368-weekly-weigh-in-group
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Can you airmail him?