Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,114 Member
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    I know I don't actually start until May but wanted to share my progress:
    PW 245 lbs
    CW 243.7 lbs

Recorded my food every day and have met or exceeded my step goal almost every day this week ☺
    Great job! Since your weigh-in day is Sunday, I'll update it today as your starting weight, and next Sunday will be your first official weigh-in for May. You're off to a good start!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Sunday Checking
    Calories were under today
    Vegetable at lunch, snacks and dinner
    Water good
    Workout today was walking for 45 minutes

Sunny today but windy. We all tried to spend as much time outside as possible. Saw lots of animals today: wood pecker, turkeys looking in our windows, bat and a frog.

Looks like weigh in wise it was a rough week! Glad to see our team had some nice losses! Congrats you 3❤

@YinxFed Oh I love your stairs! I have a similar set of stairs with super old carpet on it. I am so inspired! Beautiful and so much personality.

@KellyBgetsfit Good luck finding dumbbells. I have been using 1lbs with this program and I am still floored they feel so heavy! I tried to get another set of 1 pounders so my mother in law can do it with me. Every where is sold out! Crazy
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    PW: 148.5
    CW: 149.5

Ugh. Ate too much the night before weigh in.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to do a quick introduction even though I don’t start until May. My name is Shanda my current weight is 156. My starting weight in this journey was 230. I previously lost 105 pounds but unfortunately I gained some of that back. I don’t really have a goal weight I mean I guess I’d like to be back to 125 but that’s not really my goal. My goal is to just be happy and healthy! Outside of MFP I work full time at a bank and I have 3 kids that keep me pretty busy!! But enough about me haha just wanted to say HEYYYYY EVERYONE!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday !

@offitgoes I am so sorry for your loss, losing our fur babies is tough...

Welcome to all the new people !

My weekend was good, We got our new bed all set up on friday, and on Sunday we had a completely lazy day... So my weigh in today

PW - 176.8
    CW - 173.6

I think for May I would like to do a Saturday weigh in, Monday is a tough day to weigh in, Sundays are usually my incredibility lazy day, where as friday and saturday are my busy, active days. I had pancakes for breakfast yesterday, I haven't had pancakes in forever... well today I feel like the pillsbury dough girl, and I know it's bloating from the carbs... on sunday morning I weighed in at 170.2, today it is 173.6, so thats the result of pancakes and a lazy movie day, and maybe the cheese its, oh and the rice/veggie bowl... I really gotta learn that carb loading for sitting on the couch does not work...

My daughter informed me she is moving out in the next month or so, she is moving all of 5 minutes away with her friend, so I am totally okay with it. I have my new room all planned out, it's going to be a library/office.. :smiley:

We bought Kayaks this weekend.. We have a canoe but it stays at a fishing center and it has to stay there because it's on the reservoir, and so in order to keep it there, you have to agree that you won't use it on any other waterway. They don't want you bringing a germ/fungus/whatever that could damage the reservoirs environment since it's our drinking water. So we got kayaks, it will also help the fact that I prefer to explore, and the hubby wants to sit and fish, so I can just paddle the day away and he can sit and fish, it will be nice.

Hope you all have a happy day !

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy have you ever heard of/ tried Kodiak Cakes pancake mix? They're made of whole grains and have extra protein so they don't have the same effect on the body as other pancakes. And they have lots of yummy flavors. Still more carb-y than an omelette but if you gotta have pancakes they hit the spot ☺
  • jugar
    Options
    Good Monday to you all!

I had a delicious night sleeping between sheets that had been dried outdoors on the line in the sunshine for the first time this year. That is always the most wonderful smell and feel. I hope you had as blissful sleep on your new bed, @Gidgitgoescrazy ! Every new bed requires you to spend some lazy Sundays in it. So you done good. I'm happy to move your weigh-in day to Saturday! Just be sure to get them in on time since it is the last day of the week. If you don't mind putting one in this Saturday as well, that can be your starting weight for May. Thanks!

BTW, I love the image of carb loading for sitting on the couch. Sounds like the way to do it to me! But yeah, then you have to run or something the next day.

Thanks for the intro, @SMcFall0215 - sounds like you have had some fantastic success, so always feel free to chime in with ideas that have worked (or not worked!) for you as you lost much weight, and what you are struggling with as you keep on going, if anything! I know you have a super busy life with work and 3 kids, but short posts whenever you can fit them in are always welcome.

@deniners2 don't you worry about this little bump too much! You have held pretty steady all month - which is great for such a difficult time. I also did not mention the other day how much I loved your post about Ramadan, and your worry that you carry an "annoyance factor" because of your strong faith. Please do not worry about that! There are other people in this team who share your faith, and I like to think that all of us are open to our teammates' beliefs and expressions. I'm also glad the team has helped you stick through the ups and downs of improving your weight and fitness! :heart:

I have some work to do, and I'll be back later with a couple of ideas I want to run past you all. Tally ho!
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to coming back...need a little adult conversation in my life right now...lol...
  • jugar
    Options
    Looking forward to coming back...need a little adult conversation in my life right now...lol...
    6o8n5wh1v27l.png

We're there for you, for sure :grin:
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are 15,000 steps a day, which means exercising is inevitable in order to reach that goal....one day a week as a rest day from vigorous exercise but I still need to do at least a gentle 30 minute walk on that rest day.

64 oz of water daily

Not eating after 7, which I've been trying to do for weeks now with little success

At least 2 outdoor walks per week in addition to my indoor Leslie Sansone workout videos. This goal is more about mental wellbeing and balance more than anything else.
  • jugar
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 as always I am impressed by your strong goals! I am slowly trying to work back up to "normal" as my injury from a couple of weeks ago heals. I also just bought a used Fitbit! I am so excited to be able to connect with you and some of the others who use it. I won't be doing a lot at first, but it will help me to build back up again.

Once I figure out how it all works, I'll find you!
  • jugar
    Options
    Monday more check-ins!

It is good to hear about your day. I actually got on the exercise bike this evening, food was on point today, and things might be looking up as far as my injury slowly healing and my blood pressure getting up to where I register as an alive person. It feels good to sweat on the bike!

I look forward to hearing about the No Sweat book - it sounds interesting and I'll be there will be some useful tidbits.

NEW FOR MAY! For those of you who tried the fitrockr experiment and found it wanting; for those of you who want to be able to count non-stepping exercise on our step team stats; I think I have a solution!

I found several sites that "translate" all different kinds of exercise into step equivalents. This might be a way we can all join in our internal team no matter what kind of exercise we do. For example, some people will continue to track their daily steps just as they do now. Some people will do their workouts, biking, swimming, or heavy yard work - whatever you would count as "intentional exercise" in your daily diary. Those minutes will be translated into a number of steps so that we are all using the same units. Some people might combine the two - do a certain amount as steps, and some other exercise "translated" into steps.

Have a look at these two (they are similar) and tell me if you think this might be a way to have fun egging each other on with our exercise in all its forms:
    http://healthysuffolkva.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SOTM-Step-Conversation-Chart.pdf
    https://www.arhs-nc.org/live-healthy/data/StepConversionChart.pdf

@micki48 and I would continue to put your reported numbers into our spreadsheet and post celebrations of how awesome you are at the end of every week. If you have another idea that could accomplish the same goal, splash it out!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    I forgot to post my steps for last week, which were a HUGE decrease from previous weeks, but oh well.

9dm36s76qu13.png
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @evangsimmons170 as always I am impressed by your strong goals! I am slowly trying to work back up to "normal" as my injury from a couple of weeks ago heals. I also just bought a used Fitbit! I am so excited to be able to connect with you and some of the others who use it. I won't be doing a lot at first, but it will help me to build back up again.

Once I figure out how it all works, I'll find you!

I look forward to having you join us on FitBit, @jugar. I love their new Get Fit Bingo games that come with the premium edition!

@micki48 I super loved the adorable pic of your grandbaby! She was really going after what's hers! I love it! LOL
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I had a very productive Monday in many different ways, worked in the garden for a few hours and got it rotatilled, made kombucha, did all the house cleaning, vacuuming, dishes, etc., and all the while I listened to 5 hours of trauma treatment training webinars. Ate quite a bit extra but still had a decent calorie deficit, and well exceeded my step goal for the day (I'll start posting them next week).

It's very inspiring to read all of your posts, the successes as well as the struggles. I appreciate the accountability and support this group has to offer!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    I had a very productive Monday in many different ways, worked in the garden for a few hours and got it rotatilled, made kombucha, did all the house cleaning, vacuuming, dishes, etc., and all the while I listened to 5 hours of trauma treatment training webinars. Ate quite a bit extra but still had a decent calorie deficit, and well exceeded my step goal for the day (I'll start posting them next week).

It's very inspiring to read all of your posts, the successes as well as the struggles. I appreciate the accountability and support this group has to offer!

Welcome aboard, @jguldi11. It's great having you join our team. 😃
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.2
    CW: 123.0
This discussion has been closed.