TRIMSTONES Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Another new person for you this lovely Monday! @Caratach will be joining you shortly. Enjoy!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    KCJen
    Sunday
    CW 235.4
    PW 234.6
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Welcome to the group @Caratach, @annajohns85 and @Jax_Grim.
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    mynacha73
    Mondays
    PW 206.7
    CW 205.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,089 Member
    Options
    mmou8m413l8e.jpg
    simbersea wrote: »
    Welcome to the group @Caratach, @annajohns85 and @Jax_Grim.

@simbersea beat me to it, but that goes doubly well from me!! Hope you guys love this group as much I have grown to! Great bunch of motivators with lots of ideas and helpful hints...

I'm Jessica, one of two captains for the team. @Mulecanter is the other captain. Take a minute and introduce yourselves so we know how to help and we'd just like to get to know you!

If you're a step tracker fanatic as many of us are, let me know if you're interested in our step challenge. The stats for the step team are directly beneath the weight tracker chart for each month, just off the main Fat2Fit page.

Take care and good luck for May!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    4/27 7,336
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Thanks for having me. I am about halfway through my weight-loss journey. I started at 315 lbs back in September. I have lost almost 66 lbs since joining. This is my second time with MFP. I lost over 50 lbs last time, but had a setback and ended up back where I started.

Just bit about me personally, I am 45 years old. I am married with 4 children (3 boys and my youngest is a girl). I love dogs. I have an English Mastiff who is my cuddle buddy on lazy days and then my German Shepherd who doubles as my personal trainer. I work as an engineer for a major wireless carrier, so I am stuck at a desk most of the time (with the exception of the current work from home situation). I dabble in a lot of hobbies. I do common home improvement items (currently building a pollinator garden), love to cook, and keep freshwater tropical fish. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to the group and congrats on your progress so far. I also have 4 kids, 3 boys and the youngest a girl. I also love big dogs, I have 3 newfoundlands and a half newfoundland, half lab.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    NSV-Im at work, and a co worker just walked in to my office and asked if I wanted a donut...Now im not a huge sweets person, but I absolutely LOVE donuts, well Guess what, I didnt even debate it, I said No Thank you. hahaha, thats huge for me. I need to say no more often. We had donutes last week (principles buy us donuts on payday and call it "dough day") but sugar doesnt set well with me and makes me feel crappy, so I sould really eat much of it, but for donuts its worth it, haha.
  • simbersea
    Options
    Mmmm....now I want a donut!!!
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I am definitely a step tracker, so you can count me in.

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    NSV-Im at work, and a co worker just walked in to my office and asked if I wanted a donut...Now im not a huge sweets person, but I absolutely LOVE donuts, well Guess what, I didnt even debate it, I said No Thank you. hahaha, thats huge for me. I need to say no more often. We had donutes last week (principles buy us donuts on payday and call it "dough day") but sugar doesnt set well with me and makes me feel crappy, so I sould really eat much of it, but for donuts its worth it, haha.

@angmarie28 and @simbersea Not sure where you guys are, but here in Virginia, US, the big argument in town is a 3way fight between Krispy Kreme (very airy fried and light but smothered in icing; Dunkin Donuts which is very commercial, also lots of icing, but lots of opportunity to do flavors, fillings, etc. and then there's the biggest daddy of them all...a small chain called Duck Donuts...they're cake donuts, highly personalized, right down to what flavor, how much icing, what type of sprinkle on it and even if you want a little dollop of another icing on it. THEY are created by the devil, trust me. I am not a person who likes sweet and they CALL MY NAME they're so evil! LOL

Now that I have you craving, I'll stop...so what donuts are the weakness in your neck of the woods?!

Jessica the Instigator
    :wink:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Jax_Grim wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8 I am definitely a step tracker, so you can count me in.

Hi @Jax_Grim So what would you like me to list as your daily step goal, please? As soon as I get into the May chart, I'll get you listed. Thanks for signing up...good luck in May! :smile:

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2020
    Options
    s0nwj4tf7fpg.jpg

Calling all walkers for May!! Report in if you want to sign up on the Step Team for the month. Also, include your Daily Step Goal so I can update the chart. May's stats will begin with Sunday, May 3rd, FYI and as always, please report in every day or two, so we keep the stats up-to-date. Rumor has it that @Jax_Grim is gonna kick all of our butts this month, so get ready!!! LOL!!! :smiley:

Jessica (again the Instigator)
  • simbersea
    Options
    I’m in for the step challenge. Can you put me at 9k? I can do more 12/14 days but every 2 weeks I take care of my mom for the weekend. I don’t get out of her house much, she can’t be left alone, so I can’t even reach 9k those days.

• Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I'm averaging about 9k right now so let's say 10k. Need to kick it up some.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @simbersea I got you down...do the best you can...taking care of your Mom is quite a big job I'm sure...don't worry about those days...

@Jax_Grim I put you don't for 10k...great goal! I can barely get my 7k some days.
  • jugar
    Options
    angmarie28 wrote: »

OK I'm going to make you laugh about donuts. My flute professor while I was a student preparing to be a professional musician was named Doriot Anthony Dwyer. She was the principal flutist of the Boston Symphony Orchestra - the first woman to win a principal position in any orchestra. Ever. And the grand niece of Susan B. Anthony! She was a force of nature, I can tell you! Well, one time on a recital program at a small venue somewhere, there was a typo where her name appeared as Donut Anthony Dwyer instead of Doriot. If you like donuts enough, ri looks like n. Doesn't it? I think of her often these days - she passed away recently in her late 90s! I learned SO much from that woman in the 6 years I studied with her. Even if we always laughed about people who like donuts!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi Trimstones! @dillyg08 will be back for another try at sticking with the F2F challenge! Help them stick with it and hit some great milestones - thanks!
  • simbersea
    Options
    Simbersea
    Wednesday weigh in
    PW: 153.4
    CW: 152.6

4.6 lbs to goal 🙀
  • simbersea
    Options
    4/27 15,821