DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Woo hoo!! You have another new member as of today. Welcome @ddk125 and help them get up and running, ready to go. Have a great April!

Welcome to the team!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,091 Member
    Options
    We have a group challenge for week 1 - a list of fun, useful, and self-caring things we can do every day. Enjoy!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790503/april-2020-week-1-april-showers-challenge#latest
  • ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm new here. I'm excited to join in! Looks like just the type of support I need. 🥳
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 20 minute walk
    Water: too much tea and coffee ☕️
    Steps: 3/28 6,627
    3/29 6,031

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes
    2. Stay within calorie goal
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    1ne58k69d9u7.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Weighin week:1
    Weighin day:Monday
    Previous weight:308.7
    Current weight:306.2

Getting back on track!!!! 😁

Great job on the loss!
  • ddk125
    Options
    Hello again, everyone! I was quite busy yesterday, and I want to give a proper introduction here when I'm not so rushed.

I am a 30 year old female. Have struggled with my weight throughout my life. I've been 90 pounds heavier than I am now, and had a VSG at my top weight. I never want to get up there again.

I tend to be an emotional eater. I thought for a while that I had gotten over those tendencies, but with our country turning upside down over the last couple weeks, I am realizing that I have to be very intentional about how much food I consume and likely even more intentional about how much I don't consume! Suffice it to say, the emotional eating continues.

Hubby and I are dealing with infertility. We'd very much like to have a family. He has Crohn's Disease and loses weight without needing to, (even while trying desperately to gain!) I have endometriosis and hypothyroidism and some adrenal issues and other hormonal imbalances, which I am working with my Doctor on getting leveled out. I think we're getting close to the sweet spot, because I am starting to have a lot more energy and motivation, which is super exciting! It also allows me to put more effort into my health and fitness.

I have done a similar challenge with friends over the past year. I really loved the structure and support, which definitely seems to be something I need to be successful. However, most of those friends have lost enthusiasm. I was so delighted to find this group. Looks like it will fit my need quite well.

I'm 5'6", and my weight seems to have leveled off in the 186-188 range for the last month or so. I would like to get the trend going down again. And I know I need to put more effort into it. I don't have an ultimate goal. Right now my goal is just lower. I'm hoping I will recognize it when I get there. I feel like in the past I have set my goals at unrealistic lows for my frame, and got discouraged that I could never attain that number. I'd love some input from any of you decided your own goal weight.

Thanks for reading! Now you know that I love to talk, too!
  • jugar
    Options
    Greetings Downsizers! There will be another member joining you soon - @leni1us . She was with F2F before and is coming back! I still need her to confirm if she wants to go back to her old team or not, but she'll likely be here. I'll let you know for sure, or she will show up!
  • Murphyi150
    Murphyi150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options

Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 168
    Current Week: 162

This was not a normal week as a drop of 6 pounds at this point in my weight loss journey is not recommended however for me I needed to push myself way above since my two weeks prior I couldn’t shove food in my face fast enough. I walked and walked and walked multiple times everyday and kept just below or at 1200 calories everyday.
  • jugar
    Options
    And one more! then you're all nice and even with the other teams :smiley:

Please welcome @dtmwed - she will be here soon, I hope! Have a great month, everyone :heart:
  • jennt817
    jennt817 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ddk125 wrote: »
    Hello again, everyone! I was quite busy yesterday, and I want to give a proper introduction here when I'm not so rushed.

I am a 30 year old female. Have struggled with my weight throughout my life. I've been 90 pounds heavier than I am now, and had a VSG at my top weight. I never want to get up there again.

I tend to be an emotional eater. I thought for a while that I had gotten over those tendencies, but with our country turning upside down over the last couple weeks, I am realizing that I have to be very intentional about how much food I consume and likely even more intentional about how much I don't consume! Suffice it to say, the emotional eating continues.

Hubby and I are dealing with infertility. We'd very much like to have a family. He has Crohn's Disease and loses weight without needing to, (even while trying desperately to gain!) I have endometriosis and hypothyroidism and some adrenal issues and other hormonal imbalances, which I am working with my Doctor on getting leveled out. I think we're getting close to the sweet spot, because I am starting to have a lot more energy and motivation, which is super exciting! It also allows me to put more effort into my health and fitness.

I have done a similar challenge with friends over the past year. I really loved the structure and support, which definitely seems to be something I need to be successful. However, most of those friends have lost enthusiasm. I was so delighted to find this group. Looks like it will fit my need quite well.

I'm 5'6", and my weight seems to have leveled off in the 186-188 range for the last month or so. I would like to get the trend going down again. And I know I need to put more effort into it. I don't have an ultimate goal. Right now my goal is just lower. I'm hoping I will recognize it when I get there. I feel like in the past I have set my goals at unrealistic lows for my frame, and got discouraged that I could never attain that number. I'd love some input from any of you decided your own goal weight.

Thanks for reading! Now you know that I love to talk, too!

Hi!
    My first goal weight was only 10 lbs. I made it achievable and reasonable. I just went into my account since I met that goal changed my goal to a new goal weight I want to shave off another 10 pounds. Setting small goals made it so much more manageable. You can try something like that if that works for you!
    😊🌸😊🌸😊🌸😊Jenn
  • ddk125
    Options
    Hello everyone! Just checking in... How's our team today?

I was able to check all my boxes on yesterday's habit tracker. So i'm excited about that!

And the number on my scale was down to a new low this morning! I know weight loss isn't linear, but still it's fun to hit those new lows!

Thanks, @jennt817 for your suggestion. That may be something I will have to try. Maybe just keep at it in 10 pound increments until I feel settled.

Wishing everybody a fabulous Tuesday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Greetings Downsizers! There will be another member joining you soon - @leni1us . She was with F2F before and is coming back! I still need her to confirm if she wants to go back to her old team or not, but she'll likely be here. I'll let you know for sure, or she will show up!

Welcome to the team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    And one more! then you're all nice and even with the other teams :smiley:

Please welcome @dtmwed - she will be here soon, I hope! Have a great month, everyone :heart:

Welcome to the team!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Murphyi150 wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 168
    Current Week: 162

This was not a normal week as a drop of 6 pounds at this point in my weight loss journey is not recommended however for me I needed to push myself way above since my two weeks prior I couldn’t shove food in my face fast enough. I walked and walked and walked multiple times everyday and kept just below or at 1200 calories everyday.

Congrats on the loss! Great job on recovering from a few bad weeks.
This discussion has been closed.