Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Calories:under
    Exercise: 30 minutes
    Steps 3/30 6,677

I am really sad as my dog Molly is being put down on Friday. The veterinarians are not allowing people in for animal check ups but they will in this case.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes
    2. Do not eat my feelings
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    ddk125 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Just checking in... How's our team today?

I was able to check all my boxes on yesterday's habit tracker. So i'm excited about that!

And the number on my scale was down to a new low this morning! I know weight loss isn't linear, but still it's fun to hit those new lows!

Thanks, @jennt817 for your suggestion. That may be something I will have to try. Maybe just keep at it in 10 pound increments until I feel settled.

Wishing everybody a fabulous Tuesday!

Happy Tuesday! I have had a great last few days as well. I've been staying under my maintenance calories, and I've managed to stay pretty active even with staying home so much. We go a new puppy and he is a very happy addition to our home.

My scale went up this week, but I'm not letting it get to me because I've been weighing and logging everything, and I know I'm doing the right things. I will start moving down again soon.

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new members and to returning members as well! I am Tami and live in Tennessee, in the United States. I have been on MFP for a couple years and lost down from a high of 213 to about 148 before getting lackadaisical and gaining some of my weight back. I am currently around 168 and would love to get back to below 150. I am 60 years old and just want to get back to where I felt the highest energy level and where I felt the healthiest.

I will say that this discussion/challenge group has always been an important part of my routine during my most successful times. I have not been as active in it lately as I should have been, but am hoping to fix that in the coming days and weeks. As is true of many of you, we are under a "Safer at Home" order, so we are limiting our exposure to others while working from home, etc. Being out of the routine is somehow harder than I expected it would be in terms of weight loss. Here's to a better April than I had in March!

I am really excited to see you new folks here! I think you will love this group, and I know we all need support on many levels right now during these trying times. Stay safe out there, everyone!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Tuesday Check In
    Calories: over
    Exercise: It's rained all day, so I'm going to get up when I finish here in the group and ride my exercise bike for 30 minutes or so.
    Water: Not enough, but I have done better today than I have recently. Need to work back up to 80 oz.

Tomorrow: Get back in the habit of logging food and water.
    Either ride my bike or get in a walk in the neighborhood.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Steps 3/30 6,677

I am really sad as my dog Molly is being put down on Friday. The veterinarians are not allowing people in for animal check ups but they will in this case.

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes

I’m so sorry to hear about your dog Linda! Take good care of yourself this week.
  • Kres567
    Options
    panda4153 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone

Weighin week:1
    Weighin day:Tuesday
    Previous weight:170.5
    Current weight:171

Even though the scale went up, I know Ive been doing the right things this last week, so I am just going to keep at it and know that I am making healthy decisions.

Great positive attitude!
  • Kres567
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Weighin day:Monday
    Previous weight:308.7
    Current weight:306.2

Getting back on track!!!! 😁

Woohoo!!!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Weigh in gharvey2753
    Previous 167
    Current 166.2

Very surprised as my diet wasn't good this week. It's hard eating healthy when in lockdown. I'll try my best this week.

What a nice surprise! Congrats!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    charlottemilton
    Week 1
    Past weight 254.5
    Current weight 247.5

Goals:

Lose 8 lbs
    Finish my sewing room paint job--finally using real paint color not primer
    Get furniture and treadmill back into the correct rooms
    Empty back apartment of furniture and get it cleaned; ready to rent
    Keep back deck swept
    NOT get sick by staying home as much as possible

Wow! What a great loss! Congratulations on the loss AND the completed project. That is always such a great feeling!
  • Kres567
    Options
    Hey everyone! Welcome to all new members and welcome back to all of the amazing returning members!

My name is Jen and I’ve been on this journey a awhile now but I’m okay with that! I’m 45 and live in Calgary Alberta Canada.

I’m currently working from home and have started getting into a much better routine. I’ve been doing some great bootcamps each morning before work.

The only thing I’m finding is I’m not getting my steps in. We are trying to stay inside the house as much as possible so I’m not walking around as much during the day. Hoping that might change with time and as the pandemic gets a bit better here.

Good luck everyone and take care of yourselves this month!!!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Week one:
    PW: 210
    CW: 208.6

Just got off of shark week so I will take ANY loss!

Nice work! Keep it up!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

19shmoo69
    Week 1
    Sunday
    P. W. 253
    C. W. 252

Woot Woot! Way to go!
  • UTMom81
    Options
    dness1203 wrote: »
    Weighin day:Monday
    Previous weight:308.7
    Current weight:306.2

Getting back on track!!!! 😁

Great job! Feels good to be back on track, doesn't it?
  • UTMom81
    Options
    ddk125 wrote: »
    Hello again, everyone! I was quite busy yesterday, and I want to give a proper introduction here when I'm not so rushed.

I am a 30 year old female. Have struggled with my weight throughout my life. I've been 90 pounds heavier than I am now, and had a VSG at my top weight. I never want to get up there again.

I tend to be an emotional eater. I thought for a while that I had gotten over those tendencies, but with our country turning upside down over the last couple weeks, I am realizing that I have to be very intentional about how much food I consume and likely even more intentional about how much I don't consume! Suffice it to say, the emotional eating continues.

Hubby and I are dealing with infertility. We'd very much like to have a family. He has Crohn's Disease and loses weight without needing to, (even while trying desperately to gain!) I have endometriosis and hypothyroidism and some adrenal issues and other hormonal imbalances, which I am working with my Doctor on getting leveled out. I think we're getting close to the sweet spot, because I am starting to have a lot more energy and motivation, which is super exciting! It also allows me to put more effort into my health and fitness.

I have done a similar challenge with friends over the past year. I really loved the structure and support, which definitely seems to be something I need to be successful. However, most of those friends have lost enthusiasm. I was so delighted to find this group. Looks like it will fit my need quite well.

I'm 5'6", and my weight seems to have leveled off in the 186-188 range for the last month or so. I would like to get the trend going down again. And I know I need to put more effort into it. I don't have an ultimate goal. Right now my goal is just lower. I'm hoping I will recognize it when I get there. I feel like in the past I have set my goals at unrealistic lows for my frame, and got discouraged that I could never attain that number. I'd love some input from any of you decided your own goal weight.

Thanks for reading! Now you know that I love to talk, too!

It's super easy to be an emotional eater right now. I know I have given in to some comfort foods too, lately. I guess it won't be so bad if we COUNT them and make sure the rest of our day counterbalances them. At least that's what I'm telling myself, and at least so far this week, it is working.
  • UTMom81
    Options
    Monday check in
    Steps 3/30 6,677

Today’s goals
    1. Walk 30 minutes

Linda, I'm so sorry about your dog. They are members of the family, and it is so hard to have to say goodbye. Hugs to you!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    So, I was encouraged to post or ask questions here when I have a problem. It seems things have changed for me. What do you do when you feel hungry and have no calories left in the food diary? To define hungry, as in I can feel hunger in my esophagus. I've drank a large amount of water to "feel full". That is not helping. Any help is appreciated.
  • UTMom81
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So, I was encouraged to post or ask questions here when I have a problem. It seems things have changed for me. What do you do when you feel hungry and have no calories left in the food diary? To define hungry, as in I can feel hunger in my esophagus. I've drank a large amount of water to "feel full". That is not helping. Any help is appreciated.

I recognize that my body is eating fat cells! Then I cheer my body on for doing that. It’s a mental game at that point. But, think about what time of day it is happening. Can you rearrange some of your calories to save some for that time in the days to come? If it’s in the evening, I have been known to brush my teeth way before bedtime to keep myself from eating anything else. Also, can you eat a salad or something else with almost no calories? Fiber helps fill you up.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

I am going with the assumption that the hunger is in the evening. One thing I did when I first started was plan my meals and snacks the day before. I knew what I was going to eat at any given time. I agree with @UTMom81 rearranging calories may help. Sipping on a cup of tea helps me. Lately, my evening snack has been dry Cheerios. A cup only has 110 calories.

The other thing to look at is your calorie deficit. Maybe you have too large of a deficit set. I recently changed mine because I was just too hungry.
This discussion has been closed.