DOWNSIZERS Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    So, I was encouraged to post or ask questions here when I have a problem. It seems things have changed for me. What do you do when you feel hungry and have no calories left in the food diary? To define hungry, as in I can feel hunger in my esophagus. I've drank a large amount of water to "feel full". That is not helping. Any help is appreciated.

I recognize that my body is eating fat cells! Then I cheer my body on for doing that. It’s a mental game at that point. But, think about what time of day it is happening. Can you rearrange some of your calories to save some for that time in the days to come? If it’s in the evening, I have been known to brush my teeth way before bedtime to keep myself from eating anything else. Also, can you eat a salad or something else with almost no calories? Fiber helps fill you up.

Great suggestions Tami! You are so right about it being a mental game at that point.
  • Kres567
    Kres567 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Have an awesome day everyone! Cold and wintery (still) here today. Spring just has to come soon! So sick of the snow!
  • ddk125
    ddk125 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week 1:

Past weight: 186.8
    Current weight: 184.8

Determination is strong!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    ddk125 wrote: »
    Week 1:

Past weight: 186.8
    Current weight: 184.8

Determination is strong!

Awesome loss! Keep that determination going.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    6odjfk2zcoxu.jpeg

APRIL STEP CHALLENGE

I'm sorry its taken me this long to post this but I wanted to make sure to get this done today. Since many of us are confined at home and unable to really get out for long walks or do our usual workout routines, I thought we could do this small challenge for April. The goal is to reach at least the number of steps per day and try to add more as we go. If you already do more than this then that's even better! Lets try to hit at least each step goal per day until the end of the month.

u65devawlhs2.png

To join the step challenge, just post your daily step pledge here. Then post your steps daily so I can keep a tally. Let’s go steppers!!

Some ideas to help you get more steps in while stuck indoors......

mdseyf8jfkl1.png

• mari_moulin
    Options
    MARCH STEP RESULTS

j6cfkm0ckc69.jpeg

Here are our results for our step challenge for March. We are still missing some of our steppers numbers which I can still add in if you want to give them to me but in the meantime here are the results with what we do have.....

As a group we walked 1,424,211 steps

Top three steppers
    @888Angie888 - 424,411 steps
    @mari_moulin - 394,655 steps
    @lindamtuck2018 - 259,810 steps
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    mellane30 wrote: »
    Good morning all! Being stuck in my house all the time is really making my body do weird stuff. I moved so much more when I went into work. I am still weighing myself at the same time in the morning with the same clothes and from day to day will see a 3-6 lb difference on the scale. I don't know if it's stress or just routine change or what but this is driving me nuts. Maybe I'm not getting enough water. I am so frustrated! I need to really cut down on salt and heavy carbs, I think. I do have my home gym downstairs so I need to be working out consistently and I'm not doing that right now. I also think I am going to have to be super diligent about tracking.

I am having the same issues. I have been doing my best to keep myself active and drink all my water and eat as best i can but this has proven easier said than done. Just keep doing the best you can. Make use of that home Gym.
    ddk125 wrote: »
    Hi all! I'm new here. I'm excited to join in! Looks like just the type of support I need. 🥳

Welcome to our group and our team!! looking forward to walking this journey with you! I am also an emotional eater and with all that has been going on around the world I've really been struggling. Hang in there. <3

Also a massive welcome to @leni1us and @dtmwed
    So, I was encouraged to post or ask questions here when I have a problem. It seems things have changed for me. What do you do when you feel hungry and have no calories left in the food diary? To define hungry, as in I can feel hunger in my esophagus. I've drank a large amount of water to "feel full". That is not helping. Any help is appreciated.

Well water is my go to solution when i have no calories left. either that or tea. sometimes brushing my teeth keeps me from going grabbing any food and worse case i will go grab some fruits or veggies to snack on and pray that holds me down.
    Daily check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: none
    Water: definitely not enough
    Steps 3/31 4,300

Yesterday was a rough day regarding steps, water and exercise. I wasn’t going to share this but I want people to understand the importance of social distancing. My Mom tested positive for covid19 on Saturday. She was showing symptoms prior to that. She is in hospital right now but doing well. So stay home unless absolutely necessary and social distance. Mom went to a wake before gatherings were limited and mandatory self isolation for travellers was in place. A lady who had just travelled was at the funeral home 3 days in a row. At this point, 110 people have tested positive directly or indirectly to this wake. It is hard because my Mom lives in Newfoundland and I am in Ontario. Be safe everyone.

Today’s goals
    1. Make time for a walk
    2. Drink 9 cups of water
    3. Stay win calorie goal

Continued prayers for your mom, you and your loved ones Linda. <3
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    at5r2g768gzr.png

For those who need some help getting your steps in while stuck at home, how about some Leslie Sansone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvEJ5WFk2KE&amp;t=977s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYITYwvPAQ7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    HABIT TRACKER! Did you know that we have our own habit tracker that is here for you to use? It’s on the main group page, under the announcements called the F2F Habit Tracker-April 2020. Habit tracking works because it gives you a visual representation of your progress. You get to see all the times you’ve done the habit lined up as an unbroken chain. Once you can see your progress, you’re much less likely to skip the habit.
    Just click the link and follow the easy instructions and start tracking your habits today! Habit Tracker

TIP:
    I like to bookmark my team's page at the beginning of every month for easier access. Happy Tracking!! ;)
    9jv6vp6tfkji.png

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Hello Downsizers! Another new member will be along today. @cesse47 has just signed up and she will bring the Downsizers up to 25 members. Have a great month together!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Hello Team. I am so sorry for disappearing on you all last month. I especially want to apologize to our Captain Linda and our Motivators Jenn and Tami. I will do my best to help keep up with our team.

I have really struggled with this confinement. My mental health has not been good and I've gone back to some really bad habits to deal with my stress. I have been dealing with anxiety attacks every few day. I know we are all in the same boat and we all have our stresses and worries due to our current situation. Know i am keeping everyone in prayer.

I decided a couple of day ago to wake up each day and list out my blessings in my head. Before i even leave my bed. My family is home and safe.
    We are healthy.
    We have are sheltered.
    We are fed.
    We are clothed.
    We have a garden for fresh air.
    I can still go out for my runs.
    The sun is shining.

My name is Mari. I am 41 years old mom of 3 boys and married to a great and supportive guy. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and am finally very close to my goal. I've now been stuck at my current weight range for several months now and am desperately trying to start losing again. I was doing really well at the beginning of march then all hell broke loose. My current goal is to at least maintain my weight or lose a teeny bit if i can.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Hello Downsizers! Another new member will be along today. @cesse47 has just signed up and she will bring the Downsizers up to 25 members. Have a great month together!

Welcome to our team!!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Hello Everyone. New today. Just rejoined MFP on Sunday. I'm 72 and morbidly obese. Had my physical early this year and am in good ranges in everything except weight. I've been self-isolating for over 3 weeks and grazing throughout the day and night ... have gained almost 20 lbs in 2 months. :/ Put batteries back in my scale for the first time in almost a year and seeing weight over 300 was a BIG wakeup call. So, here I am.

Username: cesse47
    Weighin week: 1
    Weighin day: Sunday
    Previous weight:
    Current weight: 308.6 -- day 1 beginning weight

Daily Check In

Calories over/under? baby steps for now, tracking/logging everything
    Water: always tough; yesterday made it to 6
    Exercise: again, baby steps. Just started Leslie Sansone beginner walker video
    can get to 5 minutes only. yesterday did 2 sets of 5 minutes; tried/failed at 3rd
    will do 2 today; hopefully do third
    Goals for tomorrow:
    Log everything
    Drink 8 water
    Do 3 5-min walks
    Declutter closet
    Get outside for a few minutes at least; yard cleanup
  • cesse47
    Options
    Team Captains -- please note. I changed my weighin day from Monday to Sunday so I can participate in the week 1 weighin. Tx, Cesse
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone. New today. Just rejoined MFP on Sunday. I'm 72 and morbidly obese. Had my physical early this year and am in good ranges in everything except weight. I've been self-isolating for over 3 weeks and grazing throughout the day and night ... have gained almost 20 lbs in 2 months. :/ Put batteries back in my scale for the first time in almost a year and seeing weight over 300 was a BIG wakeup call. So, here I am.

Username: cesse47
    Weighin week: 1
    Weighin day: Sunday
    Previous weight:
    Current weight: 308.6 -- day 1 beginning weight

Daily Check In

Calories over/under? baby steps for now, tracking/logging everything
    Water: always tough; yesterday made it to 6
    Exercise: again, baby steps. Just started Leslie Sansone beginner walker video
    can get to 5 minutes only. yesterday did 2 sets of 5 minutes; tried/failed at 3rd
    will do 2 today; hopefully do third
    Goals for tomorrow:
    Log everything
    Drink 8 water
    Do 3 5-min walks
    Declutter closet
    Get outside for a few minutes at least; yard cleanup

Welcome to the team! Baby steps are a great way to start.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    UTMom81 wrote: »

I recognize that my body is eating fat cells! Then I cheer my body on for doing that. It’s a mental game at that point. But, think about what time of day it is happening. Can you rearrange some of your calories to save some for that time in the days to come? If it’s in the evening, I have been known to brush my teeth way before bedtime to keep myself from eating anything else. Also, can you eat a salad or something else with almost no calories? Fiber helps fill you up.

I did rearrange my calories. I used to do I. F. and now I eat throughout the day. It got to where I struggled with hunger all day long. Now I still struggle with hunger but I'm eating.
    Brushing would not help in this reward. I've also restructured my deficit. I ate what the "pros" and online help said I needed to do. I would gain. I would lower and gain. I lower some more and could not hold to it. That where I am now.
    Salads to me are like the Chinese food stereotype. After I eat it I'm still hungry.
    That you for your advice.
  • cesse47
    Options

I've had a couple of thoughts / questions regarding your questions. Everyone generates stomach acid because it's necessary for the digestion process. However, if there's an excess, and your stomach is not processing it efficiently, it can build up. And, it can cause a feeling of hunger, or feel shaky, or slightly nauseated. I'd suggest chewing a couple of Tums or a similar product to see if that helps.

My second question is are you eating enough Protein. It will increase the feeling of fullness. Try to include fiber rich foods. Pick solid foods instead of liquids; i.e., eat an apple vs drinking apple juice. Be sure you are drinking all of the water and space it out throughout the day. Plan your meals and eat mindfully. Eat slowly.
    Regards, cesse
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    at5r2g768gzr.png

For those who need some help getting your steps in while stuck at home, how about some Leslie Sansone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvEJ5WFk2KE&amp;t=977s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYITYwvPAQ7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYuw4f1c4xs

I LOVE this woman!!! She is just so stinking cheerful all the time and right now, that's exactly what I need!
  • UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin please do not apologize. You've been in the thick of this longer than most of us since you are in France. Please know that we are praying for you, too. I think probably most of us are struggling with the stress of all the uncertainty, medical and economic. I know I am. I did not eat smart today. Probably wiped out the couple pounds I was down on Sunday, but honestly, if I can just not put on the "Freshman 15" during all of this, I will consider that a win.
This discussion has been closed.