Monthly Post April 2020

Options

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,958 Member
    Options
    Good morning all!

@mamainthekitchen Nice seeing you! Hope your house work is going well. I see a lot of people doing little jobs around the house. :) That salad sounds yummy!

Yes, this cheese cake recipe is similar, just smaller so it fits in a muffin pan. I used a silicone pan of 12 "muffins" so it made 12 smaller cheesecakes. Since they are lower in calories, etc. we eat two at a time. This is much easier then when we were trying to cut a big cheese cake in to 10 servings. 8 is okay but 10 UGH! LOL
    Would do same recipe again for the future. The revised recipe uses two eggs instead of four and two packages of cream cheese instead of three. I think I used 1/4 cup of Monk Fruit Sweetener, a tablespoon of sour cream and a teaspoon of lemon extract and then I cooked it at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After it is done you turn the oven off, open the door a notch and let them sit and cool down. They rise and then fall and then they can come out and cool some more before you pop them in the fridge.

Our trip to Jamaica next month has been cancelled... It is to be expected given what's going on in the world. Our President has told us US Peeps to stay put anyway, so we were pretty much just waiting for the airline to catch on and cancel. This way we can get a full refund vs. a credit for future travel. We received the emails from the airline yesterday morning and called right away to request a refund. Done. We hope to re-book in the fall or when this Corona Pandemic is under control. The representative at the airline told me that the hotel we had booked is closed until June 1. Crazy times...

Keto WOE is going well. Doing my six hour eating window from 3pm to 6pm Monday to Friday and it is going well. I find that I am just less hungry in general on Keto.

Have a great Wednesday all! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 Sorry your trip was canceled. :( Glad you got a refund, though.

@mamainthekitchen You are a quarantine machine! Look at you getting all the things done!

@orlcam I hope you and your family are doing well.

To everyone else, take care of yourselves!

I am just chugging along here. It is stormy season here in the Midwest. We had storms yesterday, sun today, and supposed to be storms tonight. My house is clean, so I can start on some of the deeper cleaning chores. Or take a nap. Who knows?! LOL Have a great day! Stay well!
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    So I thought I'd check in with you ladies. Glad to see everyone is doing as well as can be expected in these times. I've been maintaining for almost two months which is better than gaining but decided last week to get back into fasting and start moving a few more pounds in the right direction. I'm still struggling with my kidneys, I'm waiting for surgery to have my stone removed but it's considered elective surgery so that's on hold until we get a better grasp on the whole pandemic thing. It's been making my life difficult, and I think between that and the pandemic, uncertainty with work, my stress level has just been over the top.

While I've been maintaining my weight I've been eating 80 percent low carb, 20 percent junk. :neutral: and doing time-restricted eating of either 18:6 or OMAD. I tried to do some longer fasts but stress levels just made them next to impossible to maintain and not binge after. I typically don't have issues with bingeing, so it certainly was a frustrating few weeks. It really is amazing the power of hormones on your body.

Last week I started to feel more settled with everything, I guess I'm adapting to the new normal. LOL! And last week I was able to manage two 42 hour fasts, without a binge at the end, so big progress from the weeks prior. This week I'm working on a single extended fast, I'm just about to reach 48 hours and am kind of leaving it open-ended, maybe as long as 5 days if I'm managing, and feeling decent. I'm really close to hitting the 160's so it would be amazing to hit that this week. :)

As of this morning though, I'm at my lowest weight in almost 10 years. So all uncharted water basically from here on out! Exciting times, it feels pretty good to finally get here. I say finally, but really it's been a really quick journey, I've lost 48lbs since mid-November 2019. I'm almost averaging 10lbs a month, even with my big stall over the last month or so.

I'm really glad to have found fasting, it seems to be such a game-changer for my metabolism!

Much love to you all! Stay healthy, stay safe! :heart:
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks @KateNkognito I am just relieved for now that we don't have to worry about how to, or how to not travel during this crazy time. The refund is awesome. The airlines are suffering and no one is traveling. Some day when we get the all clear we will plan another trip.

Another typical April day here with showers and 50 degrees F. Looking forward to Saturday since that looks to be the best day out of the weekend for a walk.

Keto WOE is going well. Tomorrow AM is weigh in day! Let's gooooo! :D

Have a good day and see you soon. Hellos to @mamainthekitchen @orlcam and everybody else.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I am fat and bloated, so I am fasting today. I was doing really well the first few weeks, but then I got in a funk for a few weeks. Now I am back on track. I feel better today. Once the storms clear this morning, I am going to go on a walk. Today is a new day.

@A_Dabauer Way to get back on the wagon! I know exactly what you mean. I am in pretty much the same place. We got this!

@Meghan509 We have the same weather, but a little warmer. Our weekend is looking good, I am hoping to get out and do a little yard work.

@mamainthekitchen @orlcam @solieco1 and everyone else, have a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - @KateNkognito thanks for remembering me, you brought a smile to my face! It IS a new day and we are all getting used to our new normal. The storms clouds both literal and figurative will pass and we will come through stronger, more grateful for this life and hopefully with a smile.

@Meghan509 Hope the weigh in treated you well! Travel will seem like such a treat eventually!

@A_Dabauer what astounding progress since November! Well done! Now be kind to yourself, do something that feeds your soul today <3 Art, music, a language, a bit of reading, pick a flower :)

Have a great day everyone on here, your guys inspire me
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all! Well, good afternoon by the time I post this! :)

Things are good here. Weighed in this morning and am down 1.8 lbs! Very happy. Have not weighed this number (161 lbs), since the early 1990's. :o I am liking my six hour eating window from 3pm to 6pm each day AND it has been working for my BF too. He is down over a pound today and last week same thing! Before that he was stuck on a month long stall.

@A_Dabauer sorry I missed your post yesterday! We were posting at the same time. Sorry you are dealing with kidney stone issues. That is no fun. Your fasts are AWESOME - way to go. You will see the 160's in no time!

@KateNkognito don't be hard on yourself. You are here, you are checking in, you are healthy, etc. all during this crazy virus pandemic. Enjoy the time outside in your yard - I am jealous! More rain today but April showers bring May flowers!

@solieco1 Thanks! Hope all is well with you! Yes, looking forward to when we can travel and enjoy a more normal life again. It will come, just takes time.

I haven't shared this earlier, but my Mom had tested positive for Covid-19 this past weekend. She is in the hospital (long story) but she is stable and she's been experiencing mostly mild symptoms. No fever which is odd but good... Once she is virus free, then she should be released to go home. My Mom is obese, diabetic (type 2), physically limited by arthritis / weight, and in her mid 70's so definitely a high risk. Mom was rehabbing from a fall she took and caught the virus at a rehab facility. :( I think she will be okay but the past week has been tough emotionally for sure...

This virus is no joke. Wash your hands, stay home as much as possible, take your vitamins, drink your water. Hug your loved ones. <3

Sorry to end on a serious note! Hope you have a great weekend, can step out and enjoy some nice weather, and you all stay happy and healthy. See you soon.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom! All our love from Colorado and wishing a speedy and complete recovery <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Oh, Meghan! I am so sorry! I hope she comes through just fine! My parents are older and I am so glad they are able to stay home. *Hug* and prayers for all of you!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Sending HUGS Meghan!!!

Wow... lots to read here... nice to see some returning names!!!

Hope all is well.. same stuff going on here.. I’ll chat tomorrow, quick stop in now. Not much of a ‘prayer’ type but your mom is in my thoughts Meg.... <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    New week! I am recovering from a bad migraine today. Planning on MWF fasts this week. I forgot to weigh yesterday morning, but I am fairly sure it would not have been pretty. So, this week I will fast and exercise like a good girl and weigh next weekend.

@mamainthekitchen What were you doing on the internet at that time in the night? Sleep, Woman!

Off to the store, again. Teenage boys eat EVERYTHING!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all,

Thanks for your kind words about my Mom. I really appreciate it! <3 She is doing better. Still testing positive for the virus as of this past Saturday, but now entering week two. Hopefully she will feel better and be able to do some physical therapy and eventually go home.

Hope everybody had a nice weekend! We had a really nice sunny day on Saturday so we were able to take a walk. Very enjoyable!

Not much else happening around here. Sticking to my Keto WOE and doing my six hour eating window during the work week - 3pm to 9pm. I like it a lot and I think it helps me out.

Took a corned beef we had in the freezer, thawed it, and it is now slow cooking all day long. That will most likely be dinner tonight. We will be smelling it cooking all day long. LOL

Good luck with your fasts this week! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Guess what? I actually *did* an indoor walk instead of just *saying* I was going to! WHAT?! Crazy times! LOL I hope you all are having a great Monday!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning / almost afternoon everybody!

Hope all is well. Things are good / same here. Plugging along.

Good for you @KateNkognito! We have nice weather here today, so we are looking forward to heading out after work for a walk. Can't wait! :)

We are slowly getting through this coronavirus pandemic here on the east coast. Our Governor said that we need another seven to ten days of good / lower numbers to show that we can then begin to reopen the state. You have no idea how happy that makes me! LOL

Have a good day all. Stay well.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! It is just another Tuesday here. The weather outside feels like a trailer park is going to get wiped out somewhere nearby. I have been staying inside because the humidity and pollen/mold counts are crazy high. It usually doesn't bother me too much, but this year has been bad.

@Meghan509 I am glad your mom is doing better. I hope you get to get out a bit. :)

It is a normal eating day. My dog seems to think that it is his job to steal my sandwich from me. He's just thinking of me and my calorie intake, right? LOL

Have a great day! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Bahaha “trailer park weather”.... never heard THAT before!!!!! :p

Meghan glad your mom is in week two. Hopefully the hospital she’s in is a clean one!! After this week she’ll be feeling much better... crossed fingers and positive vibes sent your way!!

Kate, I’m at the point where I don’t know what day or time it is...?? Watching too much tv late at night! Everyday is Saturday!! Actually, funny meme I saw.... new days of the week are now; this day, that day, yesterday, someday, the other day..... etc haha that applies!!

I’ve been binging on shelled peanuts lately and I’ve successfully gained almost 10 lbs since last May!! Oh joy!! Terrific.... back to square uno!

Well I’m doing a ton of yard work, so at least I’m getting some exercise! I’ve got to get back into shape and back into MY eating routine, instead of everyone else’s!! That’s my problem! I adopt other peoples bad habits!! Oh! And my walking app doesn’t work anymore... it was Record by underarmour... but they’ve discontinued it!!! I’ll have to go back to map my walk, and maybe some other one too to switch things up a bit. Time to smarten up!!! Sigh....

Glad you’re all hanging in there!! I’m liking the inspiration so keep it up for me!!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen Glad I could amuse. :) I hope you get some sleep. You can do this! I use Map My Walk and my youngest started using it too. We compete a little.

Another fast day, nothing exciting except a bit of house cleaning and laundry. I hope everyone is well. Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

We had sunny weather yesterday all day, so we went for our walk around the track last night. Felt nice! Forty plus minutes means around two miles and 200+ calories burned. Every bit helps.

The walk tired me out which is good, as I have had a hard time falling asleep lately. Been staying up later and waking up later so my sleep schedule is all off. But it is soo nice not having to wake up at 6:30am and feel tired by 9:30pm!

Not much new here. Sticking to my Keto WOE and feeling pretty good. My Mom is still kicking the virus' butt - thank God. They have been giving her physical therapy which makes me happy. She has to get stronger so she can get out of there and get home.

@KateNkognito please send some of that heat our way! Still on the cooler side here. Pollen counts are high though. Definitely feel a sore and itchy throat after walking and that prompts the "oh crap, am I sick" feeling that eventually subsides after water drinking and being back inside. Sigh... Good times.

I use the "Map my Walk" app from UA and I like it. I am not familiar with the one called "Record", @mamainthekitchen
    LOL on the peanuts! We buy the boiled Virginia Style peanuts from Costco and we have to weigh and measure them out when we want to eat them - they are dangerous! :o

Have a great day and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody!

Here we are at the end of the month. Jeez, that flew by! Looking forward to when we can go back to work in person. Shelter in place can be a little boring at times, but we are healthy so it is working!

Nothing too exciting going on here. Sticking to my Keto WOE and am feeling good. Looking forward to the weekend! Saturday and Sunday are both supposed to be sunny here. Woo hoo! Might do walks both days!?
    Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in day. :)

See you all soon. Have a good day!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Well I’ve downloaded MapMyFitness! Quite similar to the ‘Record’one that is now defunct. I’ll get use to it :/ Today I logged my lunch! Hallelujah!! Hoping to have a light salad tonight for dinner and that’s it!! I’ve got two men here, and they usually want the opposite of me, but I cannot blame them entirely.... my snacking is out of control, I’m even buying (yes during quarantine) candy and nuts etc.... all those extra cals... oh and wine, lots of wine.... I blame lack of willpower!! So hopefully since today I’ve got quite a hefty load of chores to do I’ll be too busy to think about late night treats!! I’ve also changed my macros on here... not sure if I’m doing that right and wondering what macro settings does everyone set their diary at?? And do you even follow it?? ***Sigh..... yes I’m back to square one, but I can lose if I work out and walk so that’s my main focus. Gardening is waiting!!! Today I’m power washing a wooden loveseat and the dog house the dog never uses!! Then gardening, then vacuuming!! Ugh! Have a stress free day people!! :*