Monthly Post April 2020

Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,956 Member
Hi all!

Well, here we are in April! Even though most of us are under orders to stay at home at the moment, I feel like the year is going by pretty quickly.

Sending you all positive healthy vibes! <3

On deck for me today - sticking to my Keto WOE and taking a walk after work tonight. Sunny and 50's F - I like it!!

See you all soon.

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,517 Member
    Didn't even notice that it is a new month. D'oh! Have a great one, everybody!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    April!! How did that happen! Must’ve missed all week I had to catch up here!

I’ve finished quite a bit of my painting but it just leads to more when your house was built in the ‘60’s! Ugh! But it looks great!

Yum cheesecake! Meghan try skewering a piece with a popsicle stick and freeze for a nice treat!!! Sooo good... a restaurant here does that but they dip in chocolate first then freeze... wow!

Kate glad your on line school teachings are going well so far, I guess getting used to the change is the hardest part. I suppose you miss greeting your students in the morning though!! My daughter worked a night shift and had her school online next morning, she signed in but turned off the camera and had a friend text her if something was important while she slept! Ha! She’s on overload right now! Getting called to work every day!! I just pray she stays sanitized!!

I’m tired... felt like a head cold coming on this morning but I think it’s just all the dust I found in the next room I’ll be painting!! Ugghhh

Have a good day and stay safe people!!
  • KateNkognito
    PEOPLE! I got a teaching job offer yesterday!! WOO HOO!!
    Fast day went well, but it was SO windy I didn't get to go on a walk. I think today I am going to walk inside with Leslie Sansone. Allergies are killing me and I don't want them to get any worse. People give you the side eye if you cough in public.
    @mamainthekitchen You are a painting fool! I know what you mean, my house was built in '52. We have redone almost every room. If this quarantine thing keeps going, I might get around to painting my bedroom after 20 years here! LOL I was dusting a bunch of stuff yesterday and today I am all stuffy and have a little cough. It is a little disconcerting in these crazy times. :/ I hope your daughter stays safe and the rest of you do, too!
    I started deep cleaning my room yesterday and I am going to finish today. I also have to get some paperwork done for the job offer and make a grocery run for my MIL. Wild and crazy times. Stay healthy! Happy fasting!
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!

Good for you for getting household stuff done @mamainthekitchen! We have a few things we plan on doing but just haven't started yet. Yesterday we did run the vacuum around, so that looks good! A project for us is to clean out the big closet in our bedroom. Lots of stuff gets stored and tossed in there!
    Sending positive thoughts and vibes to your daughter, so she stays healthy!

Congratulations to you, @KateNkognito! Way to go on the teaching job offer!! Are you going to accept it? Do let us know! Very excited for you.
    Sending positive thoughts and vibes for your husband, while he is working and traveling.

Yesterday we snuck out mid-day to go to Costco. We had a growing list and figured let's head over and try and beat the 5:00pm rush. Ha ha! Not happening. Since our city has limits on how many people can shop in our stores, it took a good hour and a half to go, wait on line, be admitted in groups of ten in to the store, shop, and then come home. We got everything we were looking for and they even had paper towels and toilet paper in stock!

We were not in the mood last night for a walk. Tonight, we shall see. Our turn for it to be windy! Been sticking to my Keto WOE and we had our new sugar free cheesecake last night for dessert. Came out awesome! I made it with Swerve sugar replacement and it came out very good. I can say I was not a huge Swerve fan for when it comes to sweetening my coffee - I prefer Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener. But, with baking it is delish!

Hope everybody else is good and staying healthy. Tomorrow AM is weigh in day, so hoping I have good news for you all!

See you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Woohooooo Kate!!! Congratulations!!! Yes do let us know if you accept it!

It’s freezing here! Snowed a bit in some neighboring communities! With this head cold, which hasn’t become full blown, I’m wearing my winter touque on my dog walks!

No fasting going on here! And I’ve been really hungry.. so feed a cold, right? Well I’m feeling it alright!

Meghan you’re very brave to go to Costco! I use lakanto too and I also use swerve powdered sugar for when granulated doesn’t work. Cheesecake sounds yum! Great job with your consistency on your woe!!!

All for now!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Also, thank you for your positive vibes & wishes for my daughter’s safety .... this is going to be a constant worry during this pandemic! Plus we just found out her next term of school is cancelled totally!! She couldn’t be more disappointed!! :(
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Weighed in this AM and am up a .5 or so. :( Who knows? But, it happens. The two weeks prior have been good losses, so guess my body wanted a break. LOL

Not much going on here. Rainy, work is quiet, feeling a little blah... This too shall pass.

See you guys soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    I signed the contract this morning, just have to wait for the board meeting in a week or so and it will be official. I am enrolling in grad school today. At least I only have to do one or two classes per semester in grad school vs. a full load in my previous program. AND I have been at this for a while, so I know what I am doing. I didn't get to my indoor walk yesterday. Darn it! I WILL make it today! Today is also a fast day. I made a skillet cookie yesterday and it was SO good! There is still about half of it left. I am going to save myself a slice for tomorrow.

@Meghan509 I bet since you are not able to get out and get moving as much it is just water weight.

@mamainthekitchen The cold front came blasting through here last night and it got about 10 degrees F colder than they expected. I am NOT going on a walk outside today!

I hope everyone is not going too crazy at home! Stay healthy and safe!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Grad school? Forgive my ignorance or canadianism but is this like what we call getting your Masters?
    My daughter wants to get her Masters, after she finally finishes her degree!

Good on ya Kate! And congratulations on your new job!!!!

Ya Meghan I agree with Kate... you’re working from home and not walking in general as much, that’s all .

@Orlcam ... hoping your chaos around your home is calming down.

@A_Dabauer hope all is well

@ anyone else who joined us in January!!! What’s up??

Def not fasting today.... but I have no more stashed candy so there’s that! :/
  • Meghan509
    Happy weekend all!

Definitely in a better mood than I was last time I checked in. :o

Had a nice long walk yesterday that tired me out in a good way and burned some calories and pent up energy!

Been sticking to keto and about to have some egg muffins florentine with ham for lunch.

Have a great day! See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    @mamainthekitchen Yes, grad school and masters are the same thing. I hope your daughter is still doing well! How's the painting coming?

@Meghan509 I am glad you are feeling better and got some fresh air!

I am going to get a walk in today with my youngest. He has it as an assignment for PE. I was on an antibiotic for an eye infection (Great timing, right?!), and it killed my tummy. I guess the good news is that I lost a couple of pounds. :) Today is going to be a good day!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Congrats on your loss, @KateNkognito and good for you on going for your Masters. Enjoy your walk!

Pretty day on tap here for today. Will see how the day goes, but would love to go for a neighborhood walk after work later. Work is quiet but still employed and hoping to stay that way. Sigh... Fingers crossed... :/

Yesterday we laid low. Had thought about going out for a walk or running an errand for more groceries, but decided to just stay put. We watched some stuff on Hulu. We currently have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime and it still feels it is hard to find stuff to watch at times. :)

Been sticking to Keto and to my calorie and macros. Have a good one and see you all soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    What a great example for your boys Kate!! Too bad about your eye & tummy!! Bonus = lbs loss though so, good overall? Ha! I’m jealous of your eye infection!! I need to social distance myself from the fridge! Omg!

Meg fingers crossed for you & your job!!!!!! Hundred of thousands out of work..... I hope your guy is doing fine with his job !! This is taking a toll on so many people! Good for you not wavering in your woe!

I’m getting distracted with painting when I’m having to move pieces of furniture, then I clean out drawers and find treasures!!! Uggh... so this is stalling some areas of the house, one small wall left for my dining room then on to my back stairwell that leads to laundry room... husband will help there because we’ll need extension ladder (I don’t do ladders). Love my colors though! If you’re bored look them up.. home hardware beauty tone Living room is called “shhhh” ....Hahaha told my hubs to be quiet in the living room from now on! ;) And hallway/stairwell is “Dreamweaver”, so of course he’s singing that song every time he walks down the hallway!!! I had a pale green before by Benny Moore, which was nice but I love this, cleaner, fresher & modern!

I’ve been snacking and eating huge meals lately!! Walking my dog but that’s about it... I tend to be sitting and reading the news for a couple of hours in the mornings now.... terrible habit!! And hubs has taken up the habit of shelling peanuts at night!!! Not a great combo!! Like Meghan says, this too shall pass...

Have a good day !!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Same old thang happening here, but that's okay. :) Quiet and steady.

Sticking to my WOE and riding this darn thing out. Yes, "this too shall pass"!!

I had planned to take a vacation day this Friday for Good Friday, but I figured I'd just stay put. No where to go, nothing open, etc... On the bright side - I have literally ALL my vacation time left to use when this thing passes. :)

Didn't take a walk yesterday. Just stayed in and stayed put. Been reading A LOT of books in my spare time and flying through them! We have a huge selection of books here on our shelves (200+) so plenty to choose from! One of the things I am grateful for during this pandemic - being a book hoarder. LOL

Have a great day and see you all soon!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Hi Guys, Just wanted to jump in and say a quick Hello. Life is crazy but we will all make it through together - I'll catch up more later. Doing 5:2 and doing well - You guys motivate me more than you know.
  • KateNkognito
    Today is a beautiful day! The sun is shining and the temperature is fabulous! Just popping in to say hi! I am going to walk this evening because it got a tad bit warm before I was ready to go this morning. Have a lovely rest of the week!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Nice to see you guys!

I know what you mean, seeing everybody pop in and share a few words is really nice and motivating to me too. We are all in this together!

Things are same here. Doing my six hour eating window from 3:00pm to 9:00pm during the work week and sticking to my Keto WOE. Really would love to see a lower number on the scale this week! Fingers crossed.

Yesterday, after work, we ventured over to one of our local Wal Mart's. They have arrows in the isles that force you to go one way and they don't allow a lot of people in the store at once, big families, etc. The store was very quiet and we were able to find almost everything we were looking for. Lysol spray is a hot commodity right now and is literally no where to be found around here. Sigh...

Hope you have a great day. See you all soon. <3
  • KateNkognito
    People, I went on a mile walk with the dog, then my son convinced me to do Workout Wednesday with him for his PE class. I think I am dead but I can't actually feel most of my body. :s
    Other than that, I am just chugging along with my chubby self. It is nice to hear from you all. :)
    I saw a post about people making plans in case something happens to them amidst all this. It pointed out that you should have a list of message boards/online groups that you are part of so someone can let them know.
    Off to recover in a heap and then clean house. This place is a mess! Have a great day!
  • KateNkognito
    I did ok yesterday. Didn't get the house clean, but I did get part of the kitchen deep cleaned. :smile: I hope everyone is doing OK. Not planning on an outdoor walk today. I spent too much time outside yesterday and allergies are killing me this morning. A bunch of ZOOM meetings scheduled for my household today. I finally got to the point I have a spreadsheet to keep track of everyone! I hope you all are doing well! Have a good rest of the week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!

Same old, same old here. Had a good video call this morning via Microsoft Teams with my colleagues. That went well. Had to make sure I was all showered and put a little make up on, so I don't look too blah. LOL Looking forward to getting back to the office some day. Sigh...

Not much else new here. Rainy day here. No walk today. Tomorrow is Good Friday but it is not a holiday for my office. Just another remote work day. Sticking to my Keto WOE and will be weighing in tomorrow. These quiet weeks do fly by!

Have a great day all. See you soon.