How is everyone doing with the coronavirus around

Options
mor72
mor72 Posts: 83 Member
Hope everyone is safe and not got the coronavirus. I had it but mild, lots my smell and taste bud but they are coming back slowly. Not been doing low carbs for around 2 weeks now but will try and get back on it again now my tastebud is coming back. Stay safe.

Replies

• TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Losing smell and taste are signs of zinc deficiency, try to eat a ribeye or some oysters.
  • mor72
    Options
    Is also a sign you got coronavirus, i take multivitamins with plenty of Zinc in it.

• TheDevastator
    Options
    If it's zinc oxide you might not be absorbing it.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=FAIILh7Ue4Q

Ketogenic diet and the coronavirus in a time of Covid-19

With all the talk about the danger of high glucose with COVID-19 I was doing some reading as to COVID-19 and ketone relationship.

Our peak is still weeks away I think and thankfully we now have one floor of the local hospital set up for COVID-19 related patients.

I think those who have had COVID-19 and have recovered are in a rare and positive position. I have not had any of the known symtoms.

I found getting supplements that claim antiviral side effects from Amazon to be getting hard. When to Kroger's and Walmart. Most people are not yet wearing face covers yet but to cover the face if not sick is a new recommendation. Stores are well stocked for the most part. We have only had about 6 cases in our region. We should know what our first wave results are going to be like by July 4th 2020.

Below is the video that started after the above on finished. It is about D3 and Upper Respiratory health if interested.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fmDng_uMCnY

Getting my wife to and from work is about all I do off of our property. Be careful out there if possible.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    mor72 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is safe and not got the coronavirus. I had it but mild, lots my smell and taste bud but they are coming back slowly. Not been doing low carbs for around 2 weeks now but will try and get back on it again now my tastebud is coming back. Stay safe.

Yeah. That's what many doctor's anecdotal accounts are calling a symptom of the virus. I bet that was ultra weird! Glad you only had a mild case!
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    I'm glad you got well again. A lot have not been so lucky, mostly the elderly.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm in VA, so we are on a shelter-at-home order...unfortunately it's becoming increasingly difficult to get food, so I've been out nearly every day hitting different stores to get items...finally found milk yesterday, which was nice...I did pull out my powder milks and a carton of almond milk from our emergency supplies, but it was nice to find actual fresh foods available.

No one that I know personally has been sick. Most of my high-risk family and friends were under self-quarantine about 2 weeks before the SAH order...I have encouraged everyone at high-risk to self-quarantine because you need to be in quarantine BEFORE it gets spread around if you are in that category.

I'm taking D, C, pychnogenol, and elderberry every day...I have colloidal silver and sweet wormwood on hand to add as a treatment if anyone here gets sick.

Stay healthy everyone!!!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Chris Masterjohn, PhD has a great email sendout and blog on this and what the latest studies are showing at to how zinc acetate can block the uptake of the virus into the cells that seem most susceptible.
    Here's the link. His Coronavirus updates are free to subscribe to. Deep Science-y explanations are included. https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/taking-advantage-of-the-covid-19-throat-infection-study-with-zinc-and-copper-covid-19-updates
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am in VA, as well. Glad that our governor ordered stay at home until June 10th. However, was amazed at Walmart yesterday, that so many citizens are not using any PPE. Seriously??
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've been making face masks for friends and others who want them. It is interesting the outages we're experiencing with that. The 1st out of stock/shortage I noticed was with elastic then interfacing.

There is still no toilet paper to be found. It seems everyone and their aunt decided to start baking because for a while (and still often) there is no sugar, flour or yeast on the shelves. Rice and dry beans are scarce locally. I have seen some milk and egg outages. Chicken also.

I'm old. I've been through some lean times as a kid and otherwise. I learned long ago I can do without. I'd rather not but I can. Many are learning the same and that is a good thing, I think.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Things aren't too bad here. Just really setting back some of my personal goals, but my home workouts have been pretty intense.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    In upstate NY we are in our 4th week of lock down. Shortages are beginning to get better. We have flattened the curve in our tri-county area, but we are are the mercy of state decisions. I'm seeing a range of behaviors between everyone in the grocery store wearing masks (but no gloves) to people still gathering in public places (young people). Still seeing hoarding in my town which baffles me.

Mentally I have good days and bad. Exercise always leads to lifting the bad moods.
    Take care all.
  • sarahtrust
    sarahtrust Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    We have bee in total strict lockdown for nearly 2 weeks - going well no shortage of basic supplies
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm in north queenslands, Australia. I buy my groceries once a week and I can buy fresh milk ,bread etc from the corner shop.I have to shop in 2 supermarkets to get enough foods for a week. I will have to shop during pensioners hour to buy some toilet rolls or pay high price for them.🧻
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    There are people reselling toilet paper out of their cars in the parking lots of some of the stores that are out...I can only assume it's the hoarders trying to turn the pandemic into a quick buck...makes me want to punch them in the nose...people...some are amazing, some are just turds...

Throat punch those turds!
  • mor72
    Options
    Personally i would just get lots of toilet paper myself and park up next to them and give away a roll per person for free. In the uk there isn't any shortage on essential, the shops only lets you buy 2 items of things like milk, toilet paper ect but of other items you can still buy as normal. I just wish we could get a antibody kit to test who had it and who hasn't.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    unfortunately it's becoming increasingly difficult to get food

It's getting hard to find certain things here as well, and when the stores do have it there's limits on how many you can purchase at one time. One tiny pack of meat isn't going to feed five adults when I typically eat that myself. And you can forget canned green beans or spinach - the store veggie isle is barren.

I eat low carb/keto to help control migraines and autoimmune inflammation but I may have to pause that and deal with flare-ups until this passes. :|

• miz_ppyn
    miz_ppyn Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good to hear your on the mend from the covid 19 virus. Here in new zealand we are 2nd week in on a level 4 lockdown, only essential business is open and the lines are sooo long. it is proving a little hard to do the strict keto as some foods are hard to source due to panick buying. so im doing without all the fancy stuff i usually use and eat alot of vege mayo for dressings avocado to complement fat intake and only eat meat 3x a week due to restrictions on buying packs of meat in some supermarkets. i have taken to using vitamins to hopefully supplement the minerals im missing out on. hopefully that will be suffice till we decrease lockdown to level 3 in 2weeks time.