How is everyone doing with the coronavirus around

Options

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
    I wish I could say that we deliver food and medical supplies, but I can’t. We drive flat deck, not dry van or reefer. Our loads are building materials like lumber, steel and shingles, agricultural equipment and supplies, and construction job site loads like communication tower parts, elevators and wind turbine parts. Some construction is still taking place. I really liked bringing steel building components to large farms in Washington state recently. They will be made into large storage bins for vegetables. The agricultural equipment also aids production of food. So I guess we help get food to the people at the beginning of the process, not the end delivery to the grocery store. And we are happy to help! ❤️
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    In our county seat (rural farming community) we are up to 98 positive cases (80 from one nursing home) so one can estimate a few thousand cases based on some areas doing more antibody testing. Area hospital staffs have both pay rate and hours cut for essential staff members and other medical staff have been layed off.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Nobody in the family has gotten the virus (at least as far as we know). My youngest daughter did get furloughed from her job in retail because of the shutdown as well as losing her senior prom and graduation ceremony (which totally sucks!).

My oldest daughter is a nurse in a local hospital and my wife works as the lead PBX operator at another hospital (both of which have me stressing out), but thankfully neither has come down with the virus.

@GaleHawkins - did you see this report? It figures that almost 1 in 5 have actually been exposed to the virus (at least in New York):
    https://www.livescience.com/covid-antibody-test-results-new-york-test.html
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Nobody in the family has gotten the virus (at least as far as we know). My youngest daughter did get furloughed from her job in retail because of the shutdown as well as losing her senior prom and graduation ceremony (which totally sucks!).

My oldest daughter is a nurse in a local hospital and my wife works as the lead PBX operator at another hospital (both of which have me stressing out), but thankfully neither has come down with the virus.

@GaleHawkins - did you see this report? It figures that almost 1 in 5 have actually been exposed to the virus (at least in New York):
    https://www.livescience.com/covid-antibody-test-results-new-york-test.html

Hope your family continue to do well. When I drop off the wife I hang in the parking lot for a couple minutes just in case she fails the temperature check.

Thanks for the link. The ratio vary but this antibody testing continues to indicate people can have COVID-19 and never know it.

Currently I am working to get my head around the stroke and blood clot side affects that is mind boggling. I have used Wobenzym N off and on for many years but using it regularly during these times just in case enzymes can reach the blood stream. It came out of Germany like 60 years ago.

Locally there is talk about starting to do elective medical care next month for cash flow. The deaths due to the shut down of most medical care seems to be causing more deaths than the virus itself.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    mor72 wrote: »
    My hubby and i had the coronavirus 4 weeks ago. He had it really bad 40f everyday in temperature and nothing we did would get it down. For 7 days he was like this not eating or drinking, lost his taste and smell and 21 pound of in weight in one week he had a continued headache with it and the shaking , finally after a week the temperature went down to 36f, but he didn't fell well in himself, 2 days later he had a heart attack and went in to hospital, there they said he have had the coronavirus but it was out of his system they could see it on a x-ray that the coronavirus had left some scar tissue on his lungs, which also turned out that he had pneumonia, but he didn't have any breathing problems. A week later after the heart attack he came come. Hospital said is was the coronavirus that gave him his heart attack as it make his blood thicker and gave him the blood cloth. 4 weeks in now and he is doing great again. Myself i think i had the coronavirus. At the same my hubby had it, i lost my tastebud and smell, i had tempature for one day but only 38f. I slept alot for 48 hours, but after that i was alright again. I should say. My hubby did have a heart attack before and is diabetes with high blood pressure. Where as i dont have any majored health problems.

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband being so ill! :disappointed: I'm glad he is on the mend though. It is very very contagious, and loss of taste and smell are symptoms and fever, so I would say you certainly also had it. I'm hoping that means that you are both immune now for awhile at least.
  • mor72
    mor72 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks baconslave, hopefully we immune now just waiting for the antibody test. In the mean time i need to get back on the wagon, put on 7 pounds in 3 weeks, finding it harder to stick to low carbs while on this lock down.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @mor72. So sad to hear your corona story. Hopefully you and your hubby will come out of this as good as before. Stay strong and know that others are thinking of you.
  • Malimalai
    Malimalai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    @mor72 , Sorry to hear that you and your husband had coronavirus and your husband suffered a lot because of it. I'm glad both of you got better now. Please take care . 💐
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Our numbers are on the increase in the west end of KY. Rumor has our nursing home case to be cruise ship related. After having spent 2 hours scanning the news this morning I am about ready to declare that for the most part the world is emotionally unstable. Good,bad or indifferent the shelter in place is ending in the minds of the people regardless what governments say.
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We are staying healthy here in AZ. I am having difficulties following my diet due to not having the foods were used to eating and having to substitute more and having an increase of anxiety sends me into an eating frenzy. I did successfully change our sleeping schedule so now I go to bed early instead of staying up late and binging in front of the tv. 👍 I miss my family though and basic things you take for granted like “sams club” hehehe... we have been very fortunate though. Stay well, be safe... take care all
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just got notice today that I am being furloughed for potentially 13 weeks. I do work in health care in a clinic and we have a few cases around the area but none have been admitted to the hospital. I am hoping and praying that this thing doesn't last past July and I'm called back. I live in southern WI and Madison and Milwaukee have been hit hard with it.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    vkrenz wrote: »
    Just got notice today that I am being furloughed for potentially 13 weeks. I do work in health care in a clinic and we have a few cases around the area but none have been admitted to the hospital. I am hoping and praying that this thing doesn't last past July and I'm called back. I live in southern WI and Madison and Milwaukee have been hit hard with it.

I hope you get called back soon. One area hospital just cut everyone's hours by 30% that had not already been furloughed. KY is talking about opening up preventive healthcare services so people can get hip, eye, etc type surgeries.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    All the medical folks I know have been pulled out of their clinics and moved to hospitals for shifts...we are in VA, so maybe each state is handling that differently...that is kind of how we do things around here.
  • GaleHawkins
    edited April 2020
    Options
    That was the plan in KY 6 weeks ago but there has just been a trinkle (picking up speed now) of COVID-19 patients and people with non COVID-19 related health issues are getting into serious trouble with their doctors setting at home was not making good sense.

With the kids in the UK now developing serious health failures it is clear that it is not clear what we are dealing with in the nature of this virus and that we are not close to having this thing behind us but we can not take care of the other sicknesses out there.
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have had to talk people in to coming into the clinic to be treated for non COVID issues. My own son ran a screwdriver into his hand and should have had stitches and a tetanus vaccination but he wouldn't do it for fear of the virus.I had to scare him with fear of getting tetanus which could be worse than COVID.
  • GaleHawkins
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks for sharing these two awesome research links that I had not read. It is hard to keep up with the rapid fire studies for sure. The strokes and heart attacks from COVID-19 has been confusing to me since they are not typically associated with corona viruses. Your links lead me to others and below is a scientist that talked more about these unusual COVID-19 deadly risks. She made sense and years ago worked on AIDS research (Magic Johnson) but pointed out even more rabbit holes that I need to check out now. :)

https://youtu.be/kgnBldI7KPY

• shanaballester
    shanaballester Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mor72 wrote: »
    Is also a sign you got coronavirus, i take multivitamins with plenty of Zinc in it.

Yes my step mother has it now and that was the first thing she said. He cannot taste anything. She is week 2 with it so not quite getting better yet. But she did say she lost 7 pounds so at least she hasn't lost her sense of humor.