May 15 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning and needed some motivation with my morning coffee. Reading all the NSVs here was all I needed. Thank you all. I love NSVs.

@Dory_42 - you are a true inspiration. Thank you for your story.

@nodm - my bones too? Jeez. I’m going to have to start reading up on that. I’m 55 and have been on high dose steroids on and off for most of my life so my bones are probably shot.

Okay. Time to start my day. Thank you all for the motivation!!
  • nodm
    nodm Posts: 264 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @readyornot1234 😳 High dose of steroids for a long time??? Better check. I read that muscle (atrophy) and bone loss are some of the side effects. Good thing you are keeping an eye on your LBW. Advancing age also adds to the muscle loss. Take care!

BTW I finally got my first notification on your post! I think MFP may ne listening. lol

Have a great day all!
    Today I am working on water intake 💦
    I woke up this morning and needed some motivation with my morning coffee. Reading all the NSVs here was all I needed. Thank you all. I love NSVs.

@Dory_42 - you are a true inspiration. Thank you for your story.

@nodm - my bones too? Jeez. I’m going to have to start reading up on that. I’m 55 and have been on high dose steroids on and off for most of my life so my bones are probably shot.

Okay. Time to start my day. Thank you all for the motivation!!

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,001 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42, very inspirational story! You kept running into roadblocks, but you always found a way around them! Thanks for sharing!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - plenty of exergame walking plus pacing-the-floor breaks when my bunns hurt from sitting in front of the work computer for extended time
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Days goals met: 13
    Pass days used: 2 (1 pre-planned; 1unintentional)

NSVs
    • despite about to start my 9th week of working from home (with no end in foreseeable future) and losing all those habitual step-stretching strategies ... I have not only arrived at maintenance range (at the end of March) but for the past 6 weeks I have been gradually increasing my calorie intake yet managing to offset via activity sufficient to remain stable
    • As of today, my daily calories-in goal (still slightly below where MFP first suggested) is now HIGHER than when I first started on MFP to chip away at my obese for my height status
    • and that's with a "sedentary lifestyle" setting to maintain - gain slightly
    • all my summer clothes are either too loose or FINALLY FIT again! Including summer dresses!
    • FINALLY got our little 7 c.f. chest freezer delivered - so future NSV will include "expanded premade portable lunch options" (even though the "portable part" won't be essential to my work routine for some time to come - all the more reason to start practicing NOW ... )
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    May 15 = Yes x 3
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @Dory_42 You are my hero!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @BMcC9 Your story is an inspirational one too!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post Friday!
    3 x yes best behaviour
    Nsv still posting in these weird times, falling off but climbing back on, summer wardrobe looking different on compared to last year, getting stronger
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    What an amazing group!

Michelin is the only thing that gets me down however I just recite my labs to myself, my BMI, and the fact I can hike UP & down mountains for 2.5 hours without even thinking of a break!! 🌼😄🌸🌲

Yes x 3
    💚
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @fatbambi2017 Well done!! I'm very happy to read your NSV!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Now you are starting to sound a bit eccentric. What if someone hears you pounding up that mountain and muttering your BMI and labs to yourself?
    Be careful out there!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 Now you are starting to sound a bit eccentric. What if someone hears you pounding up that mountain and muttering your BMI and labs to yourself?
    Be careful out there!!

@RangerRickL Hahaha! Who me, eccentric?!! TY Rick! 💞
  • menolly
    menolly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    May 15
    Pass for today (2nd used)
    Birthday party ! No workout and celebrating :)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    menolly wrote: »
    May 15
    Pass for today (2nd used)
    Birthday party ! No workout and celebrating :)

That's what pass-days are meant to be for!