Options
    MAY 2020

April 26, 2020: 262.2

Sunday 5/3 261.0 (-1.2)
    Sunday 5/10
    Sunday 5/17
    Sunday 5/24
    Sunday 5/31

While I am happy with any loss. I am so frustrated. I was steadily losing at least 3 lbs a week for over a month. I had a cheat meal on April 2nd. I stayed under my calorie goal for the day, and went right back to my keto macros the next day. I was up 5 pounds, and slowly shed that over the next week. But, then lost NOTHING for 2 weeks. Now the scale is sooooooo slow. I am lucky to see 2 pounds off a week. Anyone else have this issue? Does it just really take this much time to get the fires going again?
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    SW: 292.5 (01/01/2020)
    CW: 282.5
    May Goal: 275.0

Sunday 5/3 - 282.5
    Sunday 5/10
    Sunday 5/17
    Sunday 5/24
    Sunday 5/31
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    MAY 2020

Sunday 5/3 : Went over on my carbs. Sigh...
    Sunday 5/10
    Sunday 5/17
    Sunday 5/24
    Sunday 5/31
  • KayB2020
    KayB2020 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm having some weird upticks that seem to co-inside with eating chicken thighs so I used my low for the week and may do that in the future since my body has crazy fluxes. I don't know why as they are fresh (very little sodium added) and I air fry them with just a rub of EVOO. And I know they are big calorie bucks, but I'm still staying under the 20-25% deficit requirements meeting my protein and <carb macros.

Congrats @stormywxs288 and thanks for your kind words. I hear you and what a great inspirational post regarding Fasting and Keto. I've been doing IF for maybe 2 years and it has helped me so much! I also noticed the longer fasts really helped when I stalled to move the scale lower. I haven't done anything more than 20 hours this year, but with the scale so frustrating, I will probably do some longer again soon. I'll have to check out the book if I haven't already... I've caught so many that I can't keep up other than the Fung's.

You are doing great @chinatowninchina! I'm with you on the bouncy scale! So annoying especially when we are doing everything right.

@TheMerryMermaid - If I had the "O's" in my house, I would eat the whole bag. I'm not even a big sugar eater when I ate carbs on the regular, but being on keto has me craving so much sugar even two full months in. I'm just glad Easter is gone so those Reese's commercials are over. They kill me. I can easily bypass the orange wrapping, but put them in the yellow and it is like a neon flashing light. Anyway, 5 lbs will easily come off when you get on track. I can gain that in a minute.

MAY 2020

Sunday 5/3 - 178
    Sunday 5/10
    Sunday 5/17
    Sunday 5/24
    Sunday 5/31

• TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @chinatowninchina Thanks so much! Yes, I'm pacing myself- no accidents or falls. <3
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Merrymermaid (MM), I for one am so glad you are back with us. I’ve missed your posts and I’m sure I’m not alone on that. MM and KB (KayB2020) I resonate with your Oreo problems. I can’t keep sweets in my home for the same reasons. In fact, I had a car that I swear had a Dairy Queen Blizzard magnet in it. I could not drive past a DQ without pulling in and sneaking a treat. I actually, sold the car and haven’t had a blizzard since. :D
  • chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Sarag78 wrote: »
    MAY 2020

Sunday 5/3 261.0 (-1.2)
    Sunday 5/10
    Sunday 5/17
    Sunday 5/24
    Sunday 5/31

While I am happy with any loss. I am so frustrated. I was steadily losing at least 3 lbs a week for over a month. I had a cheat meal on April 2nd. I stayed under my calorie goal for the day, and went right back to my keto macros the next day. I was up 5 pounds, and slowly shed that over the next week. But, then lost NOTHING for 2 weeks. Now the scale is sooooooo slow. I am lucky to see 2 pounds off a week. Anyone else have this issue? Does it just really take this much time to get the fires going again?

A good thing to do is also to measure bits of your body regularly and keep a record, say tops of arms, thighs, bust, waist, tummy and hips. I use cm as they are easier to loose than inches being smaller! you will probably find that although you don't seem to be loosing weight you will be going down a bit in size. Lots of people find this.
    I have to say as well that 2 pounds per week is a great weight loss, so don't get discouraged, set small goals. You are very very close to being under 260 that's great. Then set a goal for 255. It's much easier to see and appreciate smaller amounts. Good luck!
  • KayB2020
    KayB2020 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Sarag78 wrote: »
    MAY 2020

Sunday 5/3 261.0 (-1.2)
    Sunday 5/10
    Sunday 5/17
    Sunday 5/24
    Sunday 5/31

I missed this post when I came through earlier. I agree that 2 lbs a week is totally awesome and a very healthy rate of loss. I'm lucky to get that a month being perfect and very little change in measurements. Sometimes you get lucky and hit a sweet spot of continued losses of more but some of us don't lose as much week to week after carb water dissipates or hormones or sodium. Hang in there! You are doing wonderful.
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @xDaniDragonflyx I admire your restraint with weighing! Hope it goes well and welcome back!
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you @Chinatowninchina and @KayB2020. You guys are right! I am happy with any loss. And, I have been doing measurements monthly, and those were great this month. It's a good reminder that I need to be mindful to focus on the bigger picture!
  • stormywxs288
    Options
    Hello all,

I've been absent for a long while now, probably a year or so? Maybe more... And carbs have wormed their way back into my life.

Anyway, I'm back to tracking my macros, eating clean, and getting fat adapted.

Dani D. good to see you back too. I am so happy to see old friends return. I too floundered for well over a year pretending to do keto and letting carbs and other bad choices sneak into life. The truth is, it is hard to lose weight and sustain it. This forum has helped me stay accountable during my floundering times.

My keto friends (old and new) on this thread have also given me inspiration and guidance to get the needle moving in the right direction. It is great to see, old friends like you, back! We can do this!

• stormywxs288
    Options
    Hey Sarag78, I too have been a master of the art of plateaus. I have suffered through many long stalls in my keto journey. Although most of my stalls could be attributed to self-inflicted wounds like poor discipline or bad choices, some have been by what seemed to me no fault of my own. Sometimes I’ve had to ignore the scale/measurements and rely on Non-Scale Victories (NSVs) to stay motivated.

For example, I used to have elephant skin on my elbows, knees and heals. Because of my love for this high fat diet, human skin has returned to those problem areas. Keto has blessed me with many other NSVs and I’ll bet the same is true for you. Sometimes the scale doesn’t tell the whole story. Hang in there Sarag. Look to NSVs when your scale isn’t cooperating with your efforts.
  • TheMerryMermaid
    TheMerryMermaid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @stormywxs288 & @KayB2020 Thank you so much for the kind words! This is why it feels so good to be in this group with all of you folks! B)
  • Sarag78
    Sarag78 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you @stormywxs288. That is a good reminder. You are so right. I do feel so much better overall. Less tired, less headaches, less digestive issues. And, the measurements are showing what the scale isn't. But, I have always been a scale slave, and it just gets so frustrating. It helps though, to hear that we all have the bouncy scale experience, and the long stalls.
  • tinafortenberry
    tinafortenberry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I’m new to Keto and I would like to join your challenge to keep myself accountable. Please let me know what I need to do. FYI-today is day 1 so from what I’ve ready, I’m in for a tough few days. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  • chinatowninchina
    Options
    @tinafortenberry Welcome to the Monthly Challenge. All you need to do is weigh yourself and post your weight each week, generally we do Sundays. Also there's a Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet you can add yourself to that to if you want to keep track of your weight that way as well.
    Actually you shouldn't have a tough few days. Always remember to keep your salts up and that should stop any Keto 'flu'. After a few days you will start to naturally not feel hungry as you will be eating more fats. That's the odd thing to start with, as your mind needs to adjust to years of training about low fat and start to look at proper healthy fats such as olive oil, butter and cream as your friends. Good luck and enjoy!