Replies

• twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Daily Check In: Sunday May 3
    Logged food: not today, but ate pretty good
    Water: quite a bit, but not enough
    Steps: 18,410
    Activity: went for a long walk this morning, and did my bedtime stretch just now

Went for my weekly grocery shop this afternoon, then came home and unpacked everything which takes way longer these days, and I felt lazy after, so spent most of the afternoon binge watching ‘Waco’ on Netflix (so good!)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Quick check in:
    Today was rest day.
    Food: good except 3 twizzlers. I didn’t eat enough today. Went to in laws for lunch but didn’t touch anything but twizzlers there (Mil made dish I don’t like lol) and then got busy afterwards with kids and forgot to have proper dinner so not the best day nutrition wise.

Took a 40 mins walk with my girls so got 6k steps in for the day. I’ll take it.
    I’m still sore in legs from Saturday workout.

Thank you everyone for your sweet words! :)

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/03 steps 5177
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Food - On plan
    Water - 1.5 l
    Exercise - 30 min walk outside, 6462 steps (I am going to give the step challenge a try this month)

We had beautiful, warm weather yesterday, so I spent a lot of time outside in the yard and went for a short walk. We got all the patio furniture out and ready for the season. We finished tidying and outside clean up, and it feels good to be done. I live buy a very large park that has beautiful spring blossoms. Most times of the year, the park is very quiet except on weekends, but during blossom season, huge numbers of people come from all over to see the trees. The park is completely shut down this year and police are stationed at all entrances. It is understandable but sad. The city set up a livecam so that people can view the blossoms virtually. I will post a photo after. It feels so odd viewing the blossoms online when they are just a few blocks away.

@lenka1 - I so related to your twizzlers story. I remember when my kids were little, there would be some days I would have a bowl of goldfish crackers as my only meal. Great steps all things considered, especially a 40 minute walk with the little ones.

@Twyla77 - Great day, especially that impressive number of steps! Groceries are so much more labour intensive these days. Thanks for the Waco recommendation!

@hope002 - Beautiful photos from your walk and you look amazing! Your plan to get to your new goal is very reasonable and you know your body best in terms of your maintenance range.

@tryingagain5 - These different ways of going to church take some getting used to, but it is really nice to have the alternatives. That is so nice that your book club could meet in person outside. What book are you reading?

@1theresamcvean - I am with you on the feeling tired, but it is getting better by the week. I did not realize that Wendy is still with you and she is incredibly lucky to have you to help keep her spirits up. Your start up sounds so cool!

@JillyBT - Thanks so much for the kind words! April was not easy for many of us, but it is behind us now. So great that you are joining the step challenge this month! The doctors are completely right. You need to take care of yourself, especially because you are caring for others.

@lennoncpa - Sunny looks so content! It is amazing this crisis has made us appreciate simple things like being outside, going for a walk and fresh air.

@freeglerock - You are doing great! I got tired just reading about your planting! Never a good idea to weigh yourself after any kind of take out because of the sodium. I am sure that the numbers will normalize over the next few days.

@taylorsjostrand - Welcome! Now is a great time to get healthy, and lol, you being the snack is a great goal!

@cassiegetsfit - It is a new week and a new month, so a good time to get back on track!

@sleepymom5 - Fantastic day and I hope that you enjoyed the cook out yesterday evening!

@podperson1 - Thanks so much for your kind words! I think it is it great not to ban any foods, and just eat sensibly and exercise.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    First pic is of some of the blossoms on livecam at 6 am today. Second pick are some tulips in our back garden with my new gnome friend.
    8n3oqfb6opee.jpeg
    nnew1a5oki2v.jpeg
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    welcome new team members! I am Tracy, 48, from Hudson New Hampshire. I have 2 boys 25 and 22, and 2 granddaughters, 6 months and 2 months. I am an Assistant Director in Childcare right now we are shut down, childcare centers can only be open for essential employee kids and we didn't have enough to bother to try and stay open. Maybe we will try again for June. One of my bosses thought maybe Aug 1st. I actually liked that day, with the weather getting nicer I actually don't mind being home. I have been getting a lot of yard work done and taking a lot of walks. Today i am going walking with the boys girlfriends and the grandbabies. We will social distance of course, the 6 month old lives with me anyway. some of you know my 22 year old was in a car accident in oct of 98 that nearly took his life so he had a long road ahead of him with surgeries ang getting back to work, he actually had surgery number 6 in March before they shut everything down and he is waitng to have another surgery. he was told hopefully july. so we have been helping him ever since. i love having the baby around.

i have maintained my weight for the last 3 weeks hopefully this week it goes down. last week my step count was horrible. i only got over 10,000 steps twice. i was good about buying fruit and veggies but not so good about eating them. hopefully the second half of lockdown will turn out to be much better.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    First pic is of some of the blossoms on livecam at 6 am today. Second pick are some tulips in our back garden with my new gnome friend.
    8n3oqfb6opee.jpeg
    nnew1a5oki2v.jpeg

Beautiful
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    Food - Mostly on plan, had 1 drink
    Water - 64 oz
    Exercise - 30 min walk, PT and stretching

Good day! No reason not to have another one today. I am in a rush to get out for a walk. The morning flew by. Have a great day everyone!

@CassieGetsFit2013 You got this girl! New month, new week!
    @zumba_luvah @freeglerock @hope002 Nice step totals ladies!
    @taylorjostrand Welcome! We are so happy to have you here!
    @freeglerock I am sure a lot of that gain was from the sodium. Sounds like Sunday was good though! I am so glad you have the allotment. It is a bit of a distraction plus you get fresh air and exercise.
    @lennoncpa. Haha! Sunny looks like a movie star in that one! I am glad you both got out for some fresh air!
    @jillyBT I love that-finding balance. I think I am going to do that this month too. With all that is going on with your parents, I know it is easy to put yourself on the back burner. Your doctor is absolutely right, you need to take care of yourself too.
    @1theresamcvean What a good idea to do the bullet journal with your exchange student. I am going to suggest that to my daughters as well. I love that you are drawing her out for some activities. I know that she was very disappointed she couldn't get home.
    @tryingagain5 What an interesting day for you, first drive in church and then the socially distant book club. Both great ideas. It is nice to see people in person even if you can't be near them. Hope you had a good night at work.
    @hope002 You really look amazing! I also think you are being smart with your goals. It sounds like you have a number but you are going more about how you feel. That is way more important than a number on the scale. I love the pictures from your walk You live in a beautiful part of the world.
    @twyla77 Wow! That is a lot of steps! Sounds like you had a good Sunday! So true about grocery shopping now, it is way more work than it used to be.
    @lenka1 Sometimes it is hard when you go somewhere and you don't like what is being served. At least 3 twizzlers isn't too bad. Sounds like you had a nice walk. I am glad you are easing into your workouts. I know you will be back where you were before when the time is right. I am curious how it was giving birth at this time. Was your husband able to be in the delivery room with you? I know they have so many restrictions around here.
    @Cafelelia You have been so productive since you have been feeling better. I am sure that is a good feeling and very motivating. I feel like when you get a lot done and you catch up around the house, you can focus more on yourself. What beautiful pictures, it is a shame you can't view them in person. They opened up parks around here but sounds like people took advantage and didn't social distance.
    @GingerPwr Wow! What a transformation! You look amazing! I love your focus for May. You are right, the numbers get to be a little much at times. I know you have a good handle on things. Let's have an awesome May!
    @ljdanny I actually think you have done well during lockdown. Your weight hasn't moved but you really have been staying on track. I am sure you will have a drop soon. Let's end the lockdown doing great! I feel like I ruined it already but I think we can still end on a good note!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    Week - 1
    PW - 188.6
    CW - 187.2

It was a tiny bit lower at weekend but will take that :)
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 1
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:201.4
    Current weight: 203.2
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    jsao4k9s6veg.png

This is a photo I took a year ago when I was vacationing on Mackinac Island. It came up on my Facebook page as a reminder and I thought I would share it with all of you since it was so pretty! Just a natural occurring phenomenon.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Monday 5/4
    Food: good
    Water; 32 oz
    Exercise: none

I didn't sleep well today. Got up earlier than normal. My neighbor helped me fix my bathroom drains today. One had a bigger issue than the other but he was able to fix them both. I was planning on paying him for everything he helped me with today and Saturday but he wouldn't let me. He and his wife are having their kids and grandkids over on Mother's Day for a social distancing gathering. He said loaning them my card table is enough payment. Not only that he invited me to join them. I have great neighbors! Obviously loaning my table isn't payment at all but he wouldn't hear of me paying them. He's done things for me before and wouldn't accept payment then either. I feel weird about it because if I had to hire a plumber I would have had to pay a lot of money. Even though I feel weird about it, I don't want to take away his gift of helping me.

I'm calling today a rest day since I got no intentional exercise and I need a nap before work.

I got the results of my bloodwork and my hemoglobin and iron levels are much better. I messaged my doctor back to see if he wants me to stay on the iron or stop it and see what that does.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    I've been to that exact spot and I'm sure I have a picture just like that somewhere. It's so beautiful on the Island.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5

Glad you had a good day! Hope you enjoyed your walk.

It was interesting but I was glad I could kind of see people through the car windshield at the drive in service. It was also nice sitting in chairs and seeing everyone in person at the book club.

Work went well. A couple of people who hadn't been volunteering came back last night. There are still 2 who didn't come back but other than them, it seemed my shift still had everyone.
This discussion has been closed.