Options

Replies

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food IF 20:4
    Water 10+ cups
    Exercise: 1 hour walk in the morning, 40 minutes weights, 40 minutes walk in the evening
    Steps : 12,666

Sunday Steps 8,952
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    05/04 steps 5206
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in

Food - On plan
    Water - 1.5l
    Exercise - 45 min walk & 11,731 steps
    Yesterday was really good for food and exercise. I will get to 2l with the water, but have to take my time. I am still tired in the evenings and hope that will subside over time. I received a grocery delivery and it took me about 2 hours to wipe everything down, wash produce and put it away. Like many people, in April we overstocked on a lot of freezer and pantry items, so we are now meal planning around what we have.

@ProfDawnLee - Fantastic loss, congratulations! Healthy snacks? It depends upon what you like and how much time you have. Chopped veggies like celery or carrots (you can prep in advance and put in jars of water) with a healthy dip like guacamole or yogurt, popcorn with bbq spice on it, “nice cream” which is frozen bananas blended with any kind of flavouring like berries, cocoa, vanilla etc, yogurt pops, which is greek yogurt and milk blended with berries or other anything else to flavour, and frozen in popsicle molds. Just a few ideas.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - You cat looks so cozy! I am glad that your migraine is gone and that the yoga helped a bit.

@JillyBT - Nice loss and fantastic steps! That beach looks so lovely and tempting. Hope that it opens soon.

@hope002 - Great day and steps!

@lenka1 - I am amazed with what you can get done with two little ones. I hope that the baby feels better today. That birth story is something else. You never know what will happen in labour, that’s for sure. At least your husband got to cut the cord!

@bburrer30 - It looks so lovely where you hike! Water was always a tough one for me. I was up to 2l a day for a few months before I got sick in April. What helped me was to fill two 1 litre bottles of water the night before, adding a bit of juice (just enough to flavour the water). I would drink 1 l in the morning and then the other in the afternoon and evening. The bathroom breaks were rough going in the beginning, until my body adjusted. I am now at 1.5 l and working my way up to 2l again by next week hopefully.

@tryingagain5 - That is great news about your bloodwork! Your neighbour sounds like a gem. If he won’t accept payment, you can always get him and his family a little present at some point, or pay it forward to somebody else who needs help.

@GingerPwr- Oh Leia is my one and only princess!! I miss Carrie too. I love your photos! Your progress is amazing!!

@lennoncpa - Such a cool photo!

@jedaschultz - Now is the perfect time to get back on the wagon. You can do it!

@podperson01 - Fantastic loss!

@sleepymom5 - So happy to see you having a good day (and a few good days at that)!

@ljdanny - At least you maintained! A lot of us are hoping that the second half of lock down goes better. We can do it!

• Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    loving everyone's pictures! Thanks for posting. @GingerPwr I was so happy to see that you have volunteered to be team motivator. Awesome! Great photos!

This weekend was challenging trying to get my energy back. I took a nap Friday, Saturday and Sunday. But I am slowly feeling more rested. I had to skip my 2 walks the last 2 days. Molly would not let me walk on Sunday since I could hardly get out of bed. But I did manage to make lemon bars for Sunday dinner and Strawberry cheesecakes for coworkers birthday and beet sopas. I will post my pictures.

I have still been doing well with IF. Sunday morning I made myself a really nice bowl of vegan yogurt, fresh strawberries, blueberries and 1/2 a banana sprinkled with flax seed. After about 1/3 I was full. But that couldn't be right could it? I ate it all anyway but thought a lot about that. At dinner I ate seconds. Again too full. So this week I am determined to take those lessons with me and really watch my hunger instead of what I served. Years ago I had tremendous success with overcoming overeating. You could eat anything you wanted with a few guidelines. 1-you had to be hungry, 2-It had to be something that you really wanted to eat and 3-you had to stop as soon as you were full. I remember saving 2 bites of something and waiting until I was hungry again so I could go eat them. I lost a lot of weight with this method. So I am thinking my success will be IF, watching my portions and eating only till I am satisfied.
    I did my lemonade cleanse yesterday and red juices today. My weigh in is tomorrow. I hit my number this morning but need to make sure I am there tomorrow as well.
    @gingerpwr Casey you have really inspired and motivated me. I know you are doing Noom. What do you think has attributed to your recent success?
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    My intro:
    I began my MFP journey July 2018. Exactly one year later I hit my goal of 142 and lost 60 pounds. I went from a size 3X to a 6-8 size small. Health has always been my biggest motivator. But what really motivated me was needing to stop the escalation. I knew for certain I would climb from 202.8 to 300's if I didn't stop.
    2019 was one of the best years of my life. I ran my first 10K, did a 34 mile bike ride for my October birthday and did yoga just about every day. My aches and pains disappeared. In October of 2018 I went vegan and gave up caffeine. I am a bit of a diet guinea pig. I have tried it all. Some plans better than others.
    I have recently been doing IF and feel pretty good about it being a great maintenance tool. Maintenance is hard but not as hard as "dieting". I have struggled with health issues in 2020 and found my self back up in weight. I was 149 this morning and plan to get back to 142 by July 1st at 1 pound a week.
    This team has truly been my life line and kept me going.
    I have an extremely supportive wife. we have been together almost 8 years. The OF (old folks-my parents) live with us. Our granddaughter spends a lot of time at our home as well.
    After having the flu, pneumonia and a pace make this year, I am trying to find my way back to a healthy body. I take it slow as I have now added back walking and yoga. I miss my running but it will come.
    A big part of my success was putting me first. My criteria was to always make sure I had healthy food, good sleep and a doable exercise plan I followed faithfully. It wasn't always easy but it definitely took me to success. A quote that I saw and live by was the definition of persistent vs tenacious. Persistent people keep on trying and trying. Tenacious individuals adjust and keep doing what they need to do to reach their goal.
    Good luck everyone!
  • bburrer30
    bburrer30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well your shoes are adorable! And that food looks amazing ♡ I would want to eat all of it . I have such a hard time with Portion Control. Especially, if it's something I really like. I work midnights so that doesn't help with constantly trying to eat so I stay awake.
  • bburrer30
    Options
    @Cafelelia I am going to have to try that. I have tried in the past that I have to drink a whole bottle of water before every meal but maybe seeing how much I have will help reach my goal better . I have also seen those bottles that have the Marks of time on them like as mini goals. I dread grocery shopping. I haven't gone Since the 1st week this all started. I have to Tomorrow I have a feeling it's gonna be an all day process. I have to take my gramma to her oncologist, so I figured after I might as well go shopping since I'll be in town already.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Just assume I'm way ahead of the rest of the world. It's 10.25am Wednesday here. 🙃

@lenka1 Your labour was so fast, did you go into shock? My labour with my 15 y.o was 3 hours from first niggle to baby, we made it to hospital and he was born 20 mins later in a bathroom(!) and I definitely went into shock with how quick it was! My twins were also a 3 hour labour after being induced and nothing happening for hours, but that was somehow easier. I can't imagine 45 mins!

@Mrsbell8well love your shoes!

And now back to work... I will comment more later!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Tuesday 5/5
    Food: good
    Water: 32 oz
    Exercise: 15 minutes low intensity, 30 minute walk

One of my friends in the condo complex told me she was making a chicken casserole and wanted to know if I wanted some. I expected a serving out of what she made. She came over with an 8x8 dish just for me. I had some for supper tonight and have at least 3 servings left. It was a nice surprise!

I"ll catch up on the posts later.
  • bburrer30
    Options
    Tuesday 5th
    Food: had a good day I wanted something sweet tonight so I had some jello . I still want to eat but I know I dont need to, so I am staying out of the kitchen.

Water: 36oz. Yahoo, that was hard for me to get too .

Workout: I did a small 10 min morning yoga and then we went on a 2.6 mile hike

@sleepymom5 the kids love riding their bikes. They wanted to do a 5 mile bike/ hike but I decided to go to a nature preservation and we did a 2.6 mile hike. That was a blast. Today with my water I just tried to always keep a water bottle with me . That seemed to help .
This discussion has been closed.