SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Baby pics from last weekend....

So life has handed a new twist. My daughter cannot find childcare due to COVID fallout. She has to report back or will go to jail - well, court marshaled as she is military. Her husband is the primary income so he can’t take off.

Mimi to the rescue. I will be moving down and working remotely until proper childcare can be found. I am really curious to see the effect this has on my weight loss momentum. I am taking scales and food scales with me :)

I am excited and scared at the same time!
    r2s25wkzikbn.jpeg
    hjaqnogzulbk.jpeg
    0vp6no1c8qda.jpeg
    rr44iclehmin.jpeg
    4vfzd4odv3ak.jpeg

How totally adorable... Thanks for sharing cute baby pics!

So sorry your daughter is in such a tough situation - can't believe military haven't got some kind of process to take into consideration child care needs - whether that be providing it to employees or letting her stay at home in the meanwhile. Court marshalling sounds extreme!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I’m reading a book called Elevate about capacity building, and I just found out the word compete is from the Latin word competere which means strive together. Just wanted to share that because this plague has affected all of our lives. I’m glad We are striving together

"Strive together" that's interesting to learn, and very good to know at this time :smile:
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Pw: 248
    CW: 248

No change.. I blame birthday week!! Darn Portillo’s cake
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    peachplace wrote: »

Lol Portillos.....you must be in the Chicagoland area. The first time my future husband took me to Portillos, I ordered a salad. I’m surprised there was another date as I think he considers that sacrilegious.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is well today.

As you read above, I not only fell off the wagon this weekend - It ran over me before crashing in the ditch and burning. I was not joking about eating an entire recipe of cookie dough (less maybe 4 bites that Adeline had) The total volume was probably 1.5 cups... That's a LOT of cookie dough!!

I feel 100% confident about today. I have my early day planned and logged. Dinner is still up in the air, but i have chicken thawed from the freezer - so it will be something with chicken.

I did meal prep breakfasts last night. While working from home today, I will do some dinner planning for the week. I am very proud of the progress I have made and will not let one batch of cookie dough ruin that!!!
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    peachplace wrote: »

Lol Portillos.....you must be in the Chicagoland area. The first time my future husband took me to Portillos, I ordered a salad. I’m surprised there was another date as I think he considers that sacrilegious.

@biketheworld Ha ha.. blame him!! He should have steered you towards the chocolate cake shake!! Lol.. then you know how hard the temptation is when it comes to their cake!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    guitargirl55

Does anyone have any recommendations or tips on how to stay on track over the weekend other than "just do it?"

It took me a few months to maneuver how to relax a bit more on the weekends without disrupting progress. What works for me is to bank calories throughout the week, so that I don't have to stress about being over. I personally bank 200 calories per day M-F, which allows me to have an extra 1000 calories on the weekend. I eat 1500 per day during the week. This also allows for a much needed diet break weekly for my body. I'm averaging a little over a pound per week loss.
    Hope this helps :)

I love this idea! I am going to give it a shot this week. :) Thanks!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Breakfast,
    a4kpk0vbwp2v.jpg
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Breakfast,
    a4kpk0vbwp2v.jpg

What is this yummy looking plate?
  • boehle
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    Breakfast,
    a4kpk0vbwp2v.jpg

Eggs, bacon, cheese and hot sauce.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

As you read above, I not only fell off the wagon this weekend - It ran over me before crashing in the ditch and burning. I was not joking about eating an entire recipe of cookie dough (less maybe 4 bites that Adeline had) The total volume was probably 1.5 cups... That's a LOT of cookie dough!!

I feel 100% confident about today. I have my early day planned and logged. Dinner is still up in the air, but i have chicken thawed from the freezer - so it will be something with chicken.

I did meal prep breakfasts last night. While working from home today, I will do some dinner planning for the week. I am very proud of the progress I have made and will not let one batch of cookie dough ruin that!!!

Straight back on it, well done!

Today will hopefully be the first day of many back logging for me...... hope I can keep it up until diary close!

I've taken the day off today for the first time since lockdown began and finally got some order in my flat and feeling relatively prepared for the week ahead...... let's see if I can keep it up. Weather has come horrible but not wanting that to stop me getting out and exercising daily........
  • boehle
    Options
    HAPPY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!

I already told you yesterday that I AM PROUD of you.
    It was mothers day weekend. A weekend about us. You are allowed to still enjoy life.
    Today is a new day and you got this!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Iamworthy14
    Monday’s
    PW 164.2
    CW 163.8

well got the loss back........keep going down this week.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    Breakfast,
    a4kpk0vbwp2v.jpg

Nice!!!

I need more eggy breakfast days..... all about the oats at present.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Breakfast,
    a4kpk0vbwp2v.jpg

Nice!!!

I need more eggy breakfast days..... all about the oats at present.

If Julie (@boehle) and I eat more eggs we might start laying them.... HAHAHAHA!!! She and I eat more eggs than any two people I know! My family (mostly me) will eat 18 a week. Great source of protein and CHEAP!
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Last weeks Step count;

3rd May -8,453
    4th May -19,543
    5th May -11,143
    6th May -10,687
    7th May -13,447
    8th May -11,361
    9th May -10,598

:)
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Speed test today, then walked a mile and 4 miles back. Bad decision to try hard as Sunday's long run has gone up from 8.8 miles to 9.2 in the training plan.

exercise.png
  • samuel860
    samuel860 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Samuel860
    Tuesday
    Week 1
    PW: 207.9
    CW: 208.1 lbs
    To bad - I didn't cheat all week but yesterday night some friends came over and we had a late BBQ.
    I did eat something like 2 lb of meat no beer no bread LOL
    But it definitively shows on the scale.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    samuel860 wrote: »
    Samuel860
    Tuesday
    Week 1
    PW: 207.9
    CW: 208.1 lbs
    To bad - I didn't cheat all week but yesterday night some friends came over and we had a late BBQ.
    I did eat something like 2 lb of meat no beer no bread LOL
    But it definitively shows on the scale.

Don't think about it as cheating - life happens and you don't want to not live just because you are changing how you are eating. My all means - hang out with the guys and eat the BBQ!!

We are not real hard @$$es here - you can weigh in a day early or late if needed.... We are flexible like that!

I bet you will have a killer loss next week!!!!!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Weigh in reminders

Sunday
    @daniels8186

Monday
    @jrortega1912
This discussion has been closed.