SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »
    Letting you know beforehand, I’ll be late for weighing in this weekend. I’m going on a sailing trip Wed-Sun, and there’s definitely no scales, so I have to wait until Monday for my weigh in.

I have mixed feelings about the trip: we’re going sailing with my mom on her boat, and... it’s 4 days, with my mom, on a sailing boat in small quarters and not my own bed. Then again, it’s 4 days of doing something other than quarantining with Netflix, and because it’s 4 days instead of the usual Fri-Sun weekend trip we can take, we can sail somewhere we don’t go every year. Thursday is a public holiday here, so we’re leaving Wednesday night, and then working remotely from the boat for Friday meetings.

We can roll over last weeks if you'd like

She is a Sunday weigh day - she has a more time to “be late” than our late week weigheds

:)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Letting you know beforehand, I’ll be late for weighing in this weekend. I’m going on a sailing trip Wed-Sun, and there’s definitely no scales, so I have to wait until Monday for my weigh in.

I have mixed feelings about the trip: we’re going sailing with my mom on her boat, and... it’s 4 days, with my mom, on a sailing boat in small quarters and not my own bed. Then again, it’s 4 days of doing something other than quarantining with Netflix, and because it’s 4 days instead of the usual Fri-Sun weekend trip we can take, we can sail somewhere we don’t go every year. Thursday is a public holiday here, so we’re leaving Wednesday night, and then working remotely from the boat for Friday meetings.

She is a Sunday weigh day - she has a more time to “be late” than our late week weigheds

If I was lucky enough to be on a boating trip, Id not want to weigh right after lol
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Had a great food day yesterday, to wake up with a massive migraine.. after it passes I felt so hungry.. my MIL feed me coffee and 2 cookies.. it helped at the moment to satisfy me but still so hungry and now I’m back to the bad habit of Pepsi and a pulled pork sandwich..

What do other migraine suffers do. I only get them once a month maybe.. and normally I will be out of it all day.. don’t know how but I recovered quickly this time. Still have a shadow migraine but at least I can function.. it’s the need to eat after that I need to control..
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    5/10
    5/11
    5/12
    5/13
    5/14
    5/15
    5/16

If steps aren't being counted, then I'm not going to post these....let me know...
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @peachplace sorry about your migraine. I’m no help here... back pain - I’m your gal.

Speaking of peach....
    I made peach shortcake tonight. It is 132 cal a serving. It was light and fluffy -not as peachy as I would have liked, but a great first attempt at something calorically budget friendly and sweet tooth approved

1 box yellow cake mix- dry
    3 eggs
    1 can peach pie filling
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix it all - bake half in a 9x9 at 350 for 30 min. Cut in 9 squares. That’s it!

I froze the other half of the batter. I’ll let you know how it is out of the freezer.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

If I was lucky enough to be on a boating trip, Id not want to weigh right after lol

You are both right - I keep forgetting you start the week from Sunday instead of Monday like I do... I think I'll face the scale on Monday and take the hit if that's what happens, just so I'm forced to hop on the scale and get back to my daily weigh in habit.

The trip is going to be a carb fest, my mom is absolutely fanatic about bread. She only eats one proper (warm) meal a day, and the rest is sandwiches. She's the captain of the boat, and we live with that meal schedule. For some reason, she thinks this is the "adult" way of eating, and always tries to poke fun at me and my husband because we eat both lunch and dinner - according to her, that's somehow childish. For my weigh in, all that bread brings two possible scenarios: insane carb bloat, or a whoosh caused by all that extra fiber emptying my bowels.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 160.8
    CW: 159.2
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    @hipari you can limit your carbs by changing the sandwiches into lettuce wraps. That might help with the carb intake.. or snacking on the veggies and fruit.. is your mom only providing food or can you bring some of your own. Maybe some hard boiled eggs as well to help out. Just some suggestions to help you stay on your goals.. also you may have high calorie burning days if you are helping with the sailing.. have fun and good luck!
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    @hipari My brother just bought a sail boat and I went sailing with him for the first time a little bit ago. Do you ever get used to the boat tipping so much? I love boating and I am very comfortable driving/riding in speed boats, but the sail boat felt like it was nearly sideways sometimes and I was so scared that we were going to flip. The sailing pros assured me it was fine and totally normal for a sail boat.

Have the best time! I hope you get your fill of sunshine and a nice tan! Moms can be so difficult sometimes. Just try to focus on the fun parts and ignore her little food jabs. :)
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I did a test weigh-in today to see how bad I messed up the number last weekend. I am only a few oz over last weeks weight!

Hoping that tomorrow I drop a few oz and am below last-week by tomorrow. :)
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    PW. 132.8
    CW. 132.2

Hard at it... slow progress!
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    suzyjmcd2
    Thursday weigh-in

PW: 119.8
    CW: 125

New batteries in my scale revealed a very different number than I'd been getting previously! Guess I've got some work to do!
  • CharlesScott78
    CharlesScott78 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    CharlesScott78
    Thursday
    PW 349.4
    CW 349.0
  • floecity
    floecity Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    floecity
    Friday
    PW: 228.5
    CW: 227
  • floecity
    floecity Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m really struggling with tracking via the app. Does anyone have any tips or is it a case of ‘just make time and get on with it’?
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    A quick question for my friends in North America - if travel restrictions were lifted when do you think you would next travel abroad to a less developed country, say Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Thailand, Cambodia,Sri Lanka or the like?
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Pre. Weight 171.8 lbs
    Today's weight 171.5 lbs

Very slow almost like a sloth. I miss my walk outside and the gym so much!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Beka3695
    Saturday
    PW 210.6
    CW 209.0

I’m ditching the nanny gig for the weekend and WILL be home for my 7th anniversary!!!
    Weighing in a day early just so I don’t have to transport my scale home :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    floecity wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I’m really struggling with tracking via the app. Does anyone have any tips or is it a case of ‘just make time and get on with it’?

How long have you been using the app?

I personally like the app better than the website. It does take some time to build your frequently used list, recipes and meals.

You will get faster. I can log a multi dish meal in about a minute and build a full recipe in about 3.

Don’t get discouraged!!!!
This discussion has been closed.