WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    We had planned to play our first round of golf this morning but we had a monster thunderstorm blow through, a bit unusual for us. Mostly we get them in the evenings or overnight. So it ended up being an indoor day but I never really got my head sorted to an indoor To Do list from my outside list so didn't accomplish much. :( Frustrating when I know it is something I could have got on top of but didn't...
    But tomorrow is a new day!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was good, I got my exercise done that I skipped in the morning, then got some treadmill time in, I started a new show since I finished Downton Abby on Monday.. It's called World on Fire... So far it's pretty good, cept it has Helen Hunt in it, I never cared for her... Anywho... Finished the book - If the Creek don't Rise, it was pretty good, I was iffy in the beginning, but I liked it, the ending was awesome ! So I think tonight I will start the one about Mermaids... I don't think it's actually about Mermaids, I think it's just in the title.. LOL

Steps for 5/26 = 10,379

As for my May, It was pretty good, I got back on the wagon, and although the scale isn't doing great, it's not horrible, I gained in April and am slowly taking that off in May.. I have not in the past 8 years been able to get under 168lbs, so that will be my goal, as soon as I finally get outta the 170's that is.. My activity increased, I put alot more focus onto my steps, and went from 40k steps a week in the beginning of the month to 80K - so hopefully I can keep that up for June, although I need to pick back up the yoga and pilates.. I've been slacking greatly on them.. On Sunday I actually gave my favorite pilates video to my BIL, but he needed it more than me, he had back surgery in Feb and wants to focus on building his core, so his dr told him to start doing pilates... BUT now I have a reason to buy 2 new videos, cause that's they way it works right ....

Okay have a wonderful day !
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!
    We're expecting extreme heat here today, and we're wimps about that (but give me -20 any day...). I'll get out and water the gardens shortly, but otherwise will have a quiet day, I suspect. I will also make up for the many calories I went over yesterday! It is weird not to wake up super hungry. My big goal today is to get some hunger back and do some Pilates and stretching.

It is wonderful reading everyone's news. I especially enjoy the summary of the month and what is working. Big kudos to @jguldi11 for such an increase in steps and endurance, and to @SMcFall0215 for awesome commitment to both the NO sweets and 60 miles for the month. I look forward to your next goal of posting daily! And @jguldi11 , your goal for working on the intake side of the equation is reasonable and I'm sure you'll see the results, even if they are slower than you'd like. Slow is sustainable!

@CanadianGiraffe - I was talking with my daughter when the crazy thunderstorms went through Wainwright, and it sounded pretty wild. Taking a bit of time off from the to-do lists is not such a bad thing - I am sure you'll be back at them mighty quick. The nice thing about to-do lists is that all the things on them will just keep waiting for you, infinitely patient :wink:

@Gidgitgoescrazy I'm still feeling jealous about your upcoming camping trip! I love those days of getting the tent and all the other paraphernalia together. I hope your back pain is gone by Friday and that you find some terrific new Pilates resources.

@fourathomej - it is truly amazing how the days go by right now, I feel you! Enjoy these days before you go back to work :smiley:

@micki48 your goals are also looking really good, after a month of recovery from the mishaps that life likes to throw our way. I'm glad to see that your knee does not seem to be giving you too much trouble - that is often a long and annoying recovery. June will see the scale back to creeping down, I'm sure!

Watch out for the DONE button, everyone. It is out to get you. I loves the sound of that anguished groan every time :grimace:
  • jugar
    Options
    Time to Recruit!

If you have friends who would love your team, or any of the others - registration for June is OPEN!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10797998/june-2020-fat2fit-registration#latest
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 178.2
    CW: 178.6
    Good riddance May. June will be a green month for me!! Goal for June is 170 lbs.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Good morning friends! ANOTHER rainy day here and we have a tropical storm, Bertha, brewing off the coast set to hit us on Wednesday. So another wet week. I'll take the rain. I just want all the trees to stay standing in this saturated ground. Ain't nobody got time for a tree on their house! ;)

@jugar I was able to do almost all of the waist slimming pilates routine except the part kneeling on my left knee. So I feel good that I was able to do something. Better get moving, I have coffee to drink and steps to take.

Psssst: @jugar Am I losing my mind or did you enter steps for Vikki, Sylvia and Evelyn? :D
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    So, on a less whiny note today, husband and I are both impatient children and swapped anniversary gifts 2 weeks early because we couldn't wait to give them. We have previously done Christmas presents the first week of December too, that's just the kind of relationship we have.

Anyways I got him some cool artwork and now he's obsessed, wants to buy more. But it turns out choosing just a couple pieces of art is really hard. =P

Should look pretty neat once we have it all set up though.
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello all, hot here too, no garden work to get my steps in. I think I pulled an inner thigh muscle the other day when I overzealously went after quack grass. Just made some Sourdough English muffins - came out pretty good and now to calculate what they 'cost'. Gave in to chocolates a few times recently (with peanut butter!) and I know the remainder of that bag is still there - when it's gone, I won't buy any more. A dessert I've turned to and really enjoy now is apple sauce (no added sweetener, just maybe a little cinnamon) - it's surprisingly good. If I have calories left over in the evening, I'll weigh out by grams how much applesauce I can have.
    @micki48 glad you're feeling better...no more injuries pls.
    @Gidgitgoescrazy have a fantastic camping trip...I am jealous of the camping and canoeing. I am committed to getting out on our nearby tidal river for a kayak paddle at least twice this summer...so relaxing, especially when you time it just right and float with the tide.
    Exercise Calories: I had my fitbit connected for a short time to MFP and then disconnected it again - I found it too distracting for my intake goals and wanted to consider any exercise calories as just a bonus towards weight loss, not so much a bonus for being able to eat more. Of course on those days that I have a lot of extra calories from exercise, if I go a little over my calorie goal, I don't beat myself up about it, I know there's some wiggle room.
  • SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Time to Recruit!

If you have friends who would love your team, or any of the others - registration for June is OPEN!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10797998/june-2020-fat2fit-registration#latest

Do we have to re-register for June or will be automatically till over in our same spots?
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Psssst: @jugar Am I losing my mind or did you enter steps for Vikki, Sylvia and Evelyn? :D
    shhhh. don't tell anyone, but you are not losing your mind. I might be - I was just going through to see if I had missed adding anyone's exercise minutes to the step counts, and found that some steps had not yet been posted... so I figured you were on the injured list and I just went ahead and put them in. you know how I am about numbers going astray :wink:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    @jugar Wew! Lol 😂 I had written them down and went to enter them and I was like, “Hmmmm, did I forget doing this?” Thank you ma’am. 😘

This day has been so gloomy. Rain. Rain. And more rain 🌧 Ugh, I literally have been in my house all day. I’ve played around with my new watercolors, but I have gotten very few steps. Not sure I could even walk my house to get enough to reach goal. Everything is logged. So far so good.
  • jugar
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @jugar Wew! Lol 😂 I had written them down and went to enter them and I was like, “Hmmmm, did I forget doing this?” Thank you ma’am. 😘

This day has been so gloomy. Rain. Rain. And more rain 🌧 Ugh, I literally have been in my house all day. I’ve played around with my new watercolors, but I have gotten very few steps. Not sure I could even walk my house to get enough to reach goal. Everything is logged. So far so good.
    Oh no! I talked with my mom in NC today as well, and she is saying the same thing as you are. She feels cooped up and misses her outdoor walks. We're hoping for rain - it is so dry here - send it along, ok? Then you can go out and we can stay in for a day. :smiley:
  • jugar
    Options
    Just saw this. I am going to plant basil, coriander and thyme 😅.

Nice! It is so good to have fresh herbs - I just picked a ton of fresh oregano and thyme today - they are perennials and just spread more and more every year. Basil is still my favourite, though. It is good in everything!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps: 8,500

In bed a bit earlier today and ready to sleep off some weight! Can’t wait to get it lower. Doing more walking feels good.
    I hope y’all have a good sleep.
    Xoxo
  • jugar
    Options
    Time to Recruit!

Do we have to re-register for June or will be automatically till over in our same spots?
    It is all automatic once you're on the team. Of course, if you want to leave you can! But otherwise, you're stuck with us :blush:
  • jugar
    Options
    Wednesday night heads up!

Weigh-ins due - one remaining for today, and 2 for tomorrow:

@fourathomej
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

Thanks!
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just saw this. I am going to plant basil, coriander and thyme 😅.

Nice! It is so good to have fresh herbs - I just picked a ton of fresh oregano and thyme today - they are perennials and just spread more and more every year. Basil is still my favourite, though. It is good in everything!

That’s nice...I’ll also add oregano to the list. I love that spice.
This discussion has been closed.