WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    It is all automatic once you're on the team. Of course, if you want to leave you can! But otherwise, you're stuck with us :blush:
    Glad to hear it! Count me in for June please. This has been a wonderful addition to my days! Thanks everybody for being so welcoming to a newbie. :)
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you have a minute, reflect on your month of May. What flowers bloomed for you? What weeds are you having to pull? What are your plans for a beautiful June?
    I have really enjoyed my journey in May with the Waistaways. So I think that's my tulips for the month.

My pigweed for the month has to be my exercise record. Too many of my squares are white on my tracker. I am fine on the days where I am working in the yard and getting functional exercise. But the days I'm not are pretty hit or miss. I will have to work on that in June and turn it into beautiful sunflowers!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So I didn't meet my goal of 10k steps yesterday... once I got home from work, we had to go to the grocery store, my goodness it took forever, I don't know if it was us, or what, it was like slow motion, I had a list too... When we go camping I always buy Little Debbie Nutty Bars, they are a childhood favorite, so the only time I ever buy them is for camping trips, this time I got a small box... SO after the grocery store, we went and grabbed some food then went home put the groceries away, ate dinner, and by then it was 8.15 and I was done, so I took a shower and went to read... But I did a 3 mile video in the morning, so it's not like I didn't exercise at all, I just didn't do any after work... Why do I feel like I need to defend that, jeesh...

Steps were 9166

Tonight I have to make pasta salad, broccoli salad, prep carrots, celery and cantaloupe.. and pack the kitchen gear that isn't already packed, such as spices, knives, towels... And make the beef patties for the hobo packs, oh and scrub potatos.. and get all the bedding together.. Then prep everything to go in the cooler, I put things like deli meat, veggies and cheese in containers, cause you never know when they will get thrown to the bottom of the cooler and get saturated, and that grosses me out, so I kinda overkill the cooler packing...

Then I will listen to my husband complain that it's so much work to pack all this in the truck, and I will tell him I will pack the truck if he preps everything to get placed in the truck, he then backs down, and we laugh... and I have a drink while I obsess about what I forgot to pack...

That will be my evening...

The weather is looking really good, only a slim chance of rain friday, Friday will be 80's- 60 at night, sat and Sunday will be low 70's during the day, and low 40's a night - Can I tell you how much I LOVE snuggling in my sleeping bag when it's cold at night, my husband laughs at me, because I will be buried in it, with just my nose sticking out... I will also be able to wear my dino onsie, so I'm excited about that, It's only been cool enough for me to wear it once before...

Have a great day !

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    So far this week I've done better with eating healthier and less. At night right before bed I always feel hungry and usually crave sweets and last night was no different, but I chose to drink water instead and just go to bed. I thought about eating a cucumber if it got worse but it didn't. So far I've had 1 day where I didn't eat any of my exercise calories, and 2 days where I ate half. I'm not sure if I will resume IF, it seems for me the fasting period is followed by a binge and that just doesn't seem healthy.

I love hearing about everyone's herb gardens! They make food taste great, smell delightful, and can serve as medicine too! I've been growing herbs for a few years now and I have sage, dill, parsley, basil, lemonbalm, lavender, oregano, savory, thyme, and catnip, and I plan on picking up rosemary soon.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    @MoStacy - I just caught your message over on the June sign up - you do not need to sign up there for June, everyone! If you're already here, you are pulled over into June by my state of the art tractor beam, and you cannot escape without a major effort! And I am also passing on to @micki48 that you want to be added to our step/exercise team.

The June spreadsheets will include the new "In the Goal Zone" section - come join me there soon, ok? It will be for anyone who is maintaining within a self-defined range of a few pounds. Weekly weigh-ins will still be required, and after 2 weeks above that goal zone, you get bumped back to the regular team to get back into the maintenance zone. And if you go under the bottom of the zone, either you get worried messages from everyone, or you have to revise your zone! This section can also be used to test a goal weight. Sometimes you might revise it a couple of times before finally finding the sweet spot. Staying on the team when maintaining is one of our new tools for the whole F2F group - we don't want people to leave just because they are done losing!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options

The June spreadsheets will include the new "In the Goal Zone" section - come join me there soon, ok? It will be for anyone who is maintaining within a self-defined range of a few pounds. Weekly weigh-ins will still be required, and after 2 weeks above that goal zone, you get bumped back to the regular team to get back into the maintenance zone. And if you go under the bottom of the zone, either you get worried messages from everyone, or you have to revise your zone! This section can also be used to test a goal weight. Sometimes you might revise it a couple of times before finally finding the sweet spot. Staying on the team when maintaining is one of our new tools for the whole F2F group - we don't want people to leave just because they are done losing!

I love this! I don't want to just swing back up like I've done over and over through the years. Thank you!
  • jugar
    Options
    HEADS UP!
    Friday people get ready!
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe

Another month heading for a close...

Any ideas for fun challenges? One of the other teams is doing a jump rope challenge :grimace: They are having a blast, somehow, I really don't know - but 1 minute at a time, I guess you can do just about anything. What other crazy ideas might we try? We might not need one, but it can be fun to pick one thing for a challenge once in a while. Even for only a week.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Welcome @ELENA01!! Glad to have you on the Waistaways team. Hope you post regularly and get a lot out of being a member of our group.

Today wasn't raining, but not super sunny either. Got out in a splash pad with my little sweetheart. I am almost at my step goal, so I need to get those last few steps in. Yesterday was pathetic at 3,399. Today, I'm almost at 8,000 so I can walk my house to get to 8,500 steps. Had turkey tacos for dinner tonight with my daughter's family here.

Hmmmm...a challenge for June. @jugar, I will give it some thought. @Gidgitgoescrazy Have a wonderful weekend camping. Hope everyone is having a good day.
  • jugar
    Options
    Ah well, I am not going to make my step goal today, that is for sure! I had a physio appointment this afternoon, and that just makes everything sore and cranky for the rest of the day, so I have been taking it easy. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back into action!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Steps: 6,120
    This taking walks post meals is working out well this week. Today, we agreed to help the girls move a mattress and box spring in Winooski (approx 4-hr round trip) but, Em didn’t check the unit before we left so didn’t know that the storage facility put a small padlock on the door...and we got there moments after the office closed (‘cause why would anyone need to be up and out before 5:00 p.m.?)...of course it was great to see my 2 daughters and see how the apartment is coming along, etc., but there *were* other things we could’ve done had we not spent so much time in the truck. We made it worth our while by getting takeout from a lovely Vietnamese restaurant and eating it near the Waterfront of Lake Champlain. It was cooler there and even the seagulls seemed to be channeling our talkative cat, begging for scraps!
    I hope you’re all doing well. I’ll be back with more adventures tomorrow.😷😘😴
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Is there a spreadsheet for a steps challenge?
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrazy I like the way you plan and pack! Hope you have a great weekend camping!
    @conleywoods congrats on that new summer wardrobe!
This discussion has been closed.