WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @micki48 steps for 5/3: 10,507

Yesterday went well, had a great calorie deficit and lots of physical activity weeding the flower beds. Got my first sunburn of the year 🌞. Ate lots of veggies and protein. Most of my carbs came from veggies or whole grains. Almost stayed within my IF schedule, went over by a half hour before I realized what time it was lol, not too shabby. I also made some suntea lightly sweetened with stevia so I can try to skip coffee (moreso concerned about the creamer I drink with it).

Going to make today another healthy day, may walk the dog in addition to cleaning the house. Might do some more yard work but the forecast is looking a bit chilly. For brunch I'm thinking an omelette maybe, and salmon with green beans for dinner? We shall see.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    This morning's workout was from the SELF Spring 2020 Challenge. Specifically Day 15 - 30 minutes of 5 Strength Moves and a bonus of EMOM.

@micki48 steps for yesterday (Sunday) was 3888.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Hey friends! Happy Monday. I just read through all your wonderful posts. My head is still a little foggy from the concussion, so I’ll still be limiting screen time. It brings the headache back.

My April Good - Best month for Balanced Life Pilates workouts (which I am missing now with my head). Still doing gentle stretching though.
    My April Bad - I didn't log all food every day.

As soon as I am back to myself, I will log everything. Exercise, drink water.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    This morning's workout was from the SELF Spring 2020 Challenge. Specifically Day 15 - 30 minutes of 5 Strength Moves and a bonus of EMOM.

Quick question - how many of the 15-30 minutes did you do of strength moves and EMOM? Then I can "translate" those into a number of steps to add to your record for the day!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

Quick question - how many of the 15-30 minutes did you do of strength moves and EMOM? Then I can "translate" those into a number of steps to add to your record for the day!

Oh - I did 5 rounds of 1 minute of pushups, 1 minute of squats, 1 minute of toe touch crunches, 1 minute of bird dog crunches (left) and 1 minute of bird dog crunches (right). 25 minutes for those. Then after the 5 rounds, for the EMOM I did 20 pushups, 20 plank hops, 20 pushups and 20 plank hops each within a 1 minute slot (so EMOM was 4 minutes long).

Hope that was clear? :)

• jugar
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Oh - I did 5 rounds of 1 minute of pushups, 1 minute of squats, 1 minute of toe touch crunches, 1 minute of bird dog crunches (left) and 1 minute of bird dog crunches (right). 25 minutes for those. Then after the 5 rounds, for the EMOM I did 20 pushups, 20 plank hops, 20 pushups and 20 plank hops each within a 1 minute slot (so EMOM was 4 minutes long).

Hope that was clear? :)
    Perfect! And seriously impressive!!! Going by the conversion chart, 29 minutes of circuit training = 5,162 steps. So that will be added to your actual steps for the day when you report those!
  • jugar
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    HEADS UP!

Weigh-ins due Monday:
    @reflectionofme
    @unevano
    @MoStacy
    @ells_runs

Still due for Sunday:
    @alexsandramorff

Thanks!

Still quite a few to go for today - don't forget!
  • jugar
    Options
    I just did my first Leslie Sansone walk at home video (2 miles) - I have been meaning to try them for a while, and finally did it! Were you there with me, @evangsimmons170 ? It was not as satisfying as a walk outside, but with today's weather, I'll take it!
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday

PW: 123.0
    CW: 123.0
  • jugar
    Options
    unevano wrote: »
    PW I am new here so no Past weight official weight. Started my Journey to lose weight at 260 lbs. last week was a high of 236 and a low of 230.5 lbs
    CW 234.5 lbs.
    Welcome! You are off to a good start - and it is good to see you here. There is a lot to catch up with already, but just take your time and try to post daily even if it is just a very brief update. Your starting weight (from the sign-up thread) was 232.5 - probably from last Monday. If that is not correct just let me know. When you have a chance, tell us a bit about yourself - where you are, what are your goals, and how you go about the journey. Looking forward to getting to know you!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So I got the Habit Tracker up and working, also checked out the Mini Habit Challenge - still deciding what I will do there. Today was a bust for exercise. The weather was grey and showery this morning so I attacked something cleaning/de-cluttering that was long overdue. And now at the other end of the day I am too bushed to do anything else! But tomorrow is a new day...
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I hope your head is feeling better soon! Had a concussion once and it was terrible.
    My steps for 5/4: 8,104. So far looking good for me to up my daily step goal 😀

Did not eat what I initially planned for the day but still made healthy choices and had another great calorie deficit.

Tomorrow I am working in the office and my co-worker and I decided we are going to treat ourselves with takeout since this is the first time we will work together in almost 2 months. I'm already trying to plan for something relatively healthy. Wish me luck!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Check In!

My April good was that I worked out quite a bit.
    My April bad was not always logging and eating a lot of my exercise calories.

@jugar, I agree that eating some exercise calories makes sense. Weight loss causes hormonal changes that actually make you more hungry. Exercise can also contribute to feeling hungry. I want a few days where I don't go crazy and I love the idea of focusing on low density foods. So wise!

And on that note...I ate my exercise calories today and I'm okay with that. Food went well today but could have done better on vegetables. I'm running low on vegetables and lettuce so I put in a grocery order this morning and was lucky enough to be able to pick up tonight. I got lots of healthy food but an apple pie came home too. The whole family went on a 2 mile walk today and got a barre workout in too.
  • MoStacy
    MoStacy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ok - I am ready for this!
    SW- 192.4 (today)
    CW- 192.4
    GW- 180 (end of month)

3 tiny goals- 1) exercise 5x’s a week, 2) 95% on diet plan, 3) log every day
This discussion has been closed.