This May I Will...

Options
13»

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @77tes After I looked closely at your tracker, it hit me that you have all those perfectly round circles! Mine would come out more like the shape of an eggplant or something if I tried to do that! Do you have a template or a compass that you used? I'm going to have to get creative.... :mrgreen:

I downloaded the template off the internet. I’d never be able to make one myself - it would probably take all month. I did consider trying, but turned to Google instead.😂

Ah ha!!! Well, I can certainly do a Google search! Makes much more sense for me to do that than run out and purchase a compass! <forehead slap> See how talented I think you are??? LOL! :lol:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I purchased it on Itunes. I srated the habit this month of listening to at least 2 episodes per day. I love podcasts too. Which type do you like to listen?

Thanks everyone!

I've never thought of looking on iTunes for anything other than music! Thanks for the tip!

I listen to inspirational types of podcasts mostly....depending on my mood. I listen to Joyce Meyers most mornings to get my attitude in check for the day. I also listen to Half Size Me podcasts every Monday. I like the tips she gives for losing weight. I look for podcasts that talk about reducing stress and simplifying life mostly, along with weight loss. I find I get more done when I listen to those than if I have the TV on, and even if I'm not listening real closely I usually pick up something i hadn't thought of before... I listen to them when I take my dog for walks a lot of the time also. There is one called Phit 'n Phat that I listen to sometimes...she talks like a sailor (sassy mouth) but I like her no bullsh*t approach and sometimes when I'm off track it's good for me to get a reality check. :smile:

Have a great weekend!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Pre-plan and journal in MFP daily:

May Goal:
    5/17: :smile:
    5/18: :smile:
    5/19: :smile:
    5/20: :smile:
    5/21: :smile:
    5/22: :smile:
    5/23: :smile:
    5/24: :smile:
    5/25:
    5/26:
    5/27:
    5/28:
    5/29:
    5/30:
    5/31:

Word for Year 2020: Tenacity

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB, I really like the change one thing or 1% per day. James Clear promotes striving for a 1% improvement because these small actions compound and have a big impact. Small actions multiplied by consistency day in and day out leads to all kinds of wonderful progress.
  • themedalist
    Options
    Reached my goal this month! I am 100% pain free in my shoulder, neck, and back! The lumbar pillow helps, as does moving the mouse closer so that my arm isn’t extended all the time. I’m also taking frequent stretch breaks and not spending more time at the computer than I have to.

I miss the separation between work and home, but I’m not anxious to go back to an office environment. Right now, the university where I work is planning on having students return this fall (with protocols, testing, and contact tracing in place). I’m not involved with students at all, so I may be working at home for quite some time.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    I love Half Size Me & Phit n Phat!
    They are great for Maintaining, too.

• prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better @themedalist ! Awesome to be pain free.

@PackerFanInGB thanks for the suggestions!

I finished my course last night. Amazing how my relationship with food is so emotional! Glad I am taking all the steps I need to fix that. Walking again had improved my sleeping tremendously. I am still figuring out the bloating part, need to be mindful and of my portions and water intake with food. My anxiety is under control, although at night I am stressing when I go to sleep. I fear I will not wake up. This is totally new to me. I know menopause does not help. Will continue to find courses on anxiety to help me out.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    balhoff wrote: »
    Just finished my first 5K in 7 years took way too long because of back pain. But I finished. I now have a new base line.
    734autejuw1j.jpeg

Wow @balhoff !!!! Way to go!! Sorry you were in pain, but so impressive that you did this & in pain.💕
    Wishing you all the best on your journey!
    Is there a habit you are going to practice for the month of June?
  • balhoff
    balhoff Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 thank you Yes, I signed up for another 5K so I need to get out and walk more regularly and different venues. Exercise different ways to strengthen my back and hips. Continue to lose weight.
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    @balhoff congratulations!! That’s amazing!!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @balhoff what a great accomplishment!!!
  • themedalist
    Options
    @balhoff, WAY TO GO!!!

That is a tremendous accomplishment! Walking 5Ks, 10Ks, and then, eventually, half-marathons was a hobby of mine about 10 years ago. I enjoyed each and every race. They are wonderful community events. Some participants are serious athletes, but most people just want to walk/run and challenge themselves a bit out in the (hopefully) sunshine and fresh air.

Distance walking changed my life. It gave me the confidence to take on other interesting opportunities that have come along since then. I'm so very happy for you! I hope you got a great t-shirt!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    @balhoff, that is a terrific accomplishment! Well done! I'm seeing lots of virtual races that are popping up in my newsfeed. You inspire me!

My May goal of strength training at least 8 times was a win. I actually did 11 strength workouts and I am really seeing more definition in my arms. A bonus is that my daughters joined me, so we are exercising together now 3 times per week. I plan to the plan throughout June. I loved have strength as my focus.

I'm still in love with my habit tracker. This month I totaled my various goals and the numbers are encouraging! I'm already working on my June tracker, but I haven't yet determined my focus. I'll be taking grading essays off the list because the first week of June is the last week of my semester. I'll be doing lots of grading that week, but I won't need to grade any after that until the fall semester since I don't have any classes for the summer.

t286nprmpekq.jpeg
    So see you in the June thread. :)
  • balhoff
    balhoff Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @themedalist Yes I am wearing my t-shirt in the picture. It is Forest Gump running Down the road saying “I just felt like running”
    yvv8l4rpcn9f.jpeg
  • nebslp
    Options
    @77tes your tracker is looking goood!!! I’m curious about what you’ve been sewing. Want to share?
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @77tes your tracker is looking goood!!! I’m curious about what you’ve been sewing. Want to share?

I'm making a pair of 1940's trousers. They are my first try at pants. They are a long term UFO (unfinished object). They are nearing completion, but I only do a bit each day.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I was successful in my May goal! Pretty stoked about it too! I've not been successful with much for months and I can tell my attitude has turned a corner. :)
  • nebslp
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Congrats on reaching your goal!! :) Sometimes it's really hard to do that, isn't it, but you did it!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB, what an awesome and inspiring post! Congratulations!!

I can almost read into your post that you are smiling 😄!! Well done!

I just saw you in June before I came here!! Yay!! You go girl 🎈 💖🌹.

🤠🌺