Trying to lose about 15 pounds! PCOS/Weight-train/HIIT. Need help. Tips? :)

Options
- Diagnosed with PCOS in 2011.
- I weight train 4x/week and do cardio or HIIT the other days.
- Average about 5 days of working out.
- I have a decent amount of muscle. Sometimes I think I look too bulky... like now.
- I'm a busy mama and work full-time as an art director.
- GOAL: Get rid of the fluff on top of muscle. Look more feminine.

That's about it for now. :) Oh and here's a progression/digression of my physique. In 2015, I had my daughter so that's why there are no pics. And I didn't have any pics from 2017 readily available when I made this.

**I'm now leaner than the photo from March 2020. But ultimately, I think I look my best in July 2016 or November 2016. I'd like to get there again.

2qhu1ot8ffbh.jpg

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I think you look great!

I would just keep eating in a small deficit (to lose 0.5lb per week), continue to weight train and cardio. Diet doesn't have to be complicated, just be sure you are getting adequate protein to preserve muscle (0.8-1lb per lb goal weight), get a decent amount of fat 0.4g per lb and fill the rest with carbs. Since you have PCOS (so do I) you might find you have to play around with carb levels a bit. See how different types and levels of carbs make you feel. I personally center most of my day around protein.. so I try to get at least 20-40g per meal or snack which helps me with hunger as well it crowds out other tempting foods.

Good luck!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    You look good!! Solid and strong.
    Pilates and Yoga can help with lean muscle. It builds muscle but more lean. I like to mix it up.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I agree with sardelsa. You look great in all the photos. The only way to lose weight is to maintain a calorie deficit. Weigh training vs cardio is the long debate of what is better. I advocate a combination of both.

Keep at it!,,