Need low carb/ Keto friends!

Options
Hudsonsma
Hudsonsma Posts: 48 Member
Hello lovelies , embarking on the low carb/ Keto lifestyle . I started this week. Looking for friends in the same situation or who are already doing this :) have a wonderful weekend everyone !

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    @Hudsonsma you came to the right place and there is an impressive knowledge base in this group that have led me to learn how to do low carb/keto. Because I just cut out all forms of all grains and any form of sweeteners for pain management I do not track what else that I eat or how much I eat like I needed to do when I started this Way Of Eating Oct 2014 but others do keep food diaries that are open. I did lose 50 pounds as a side effect but the shut down of things stopped my daily trips to McDonald's so I gained 10 pounds during this Bat Bug season eating at home. :(

Now that I am out and about walking, bush hogging with the tractor, etc the weight gain has stopped and started to trend down again. I am now 69 and wished I had changed my WOE when I was 29 or at least at 39.

Best of success. Keto/low carb was a bumpy path my first year by the way.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the Launch Pad, our LC info library.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10103966/start-here-the-lcd-launch-pad#latest
  • Hudsonsma
    Hudsonsma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply ! It sounds like you are on the right track! I’m sure it will
    Be a bit of trial
    And error at first but I’m trying :)

@Hudsonsma you came to the right place and there is an impressive knowledge base in this group that have led me to learn how to do low carb/keto. Because I just cut out all forms of all grains and any form of sweeteners for pain management I do not track what else that I eat or how much I eat like I needed to do when I started this Way Of Eating Oct 2014 but others do keep food diaries that are open. I did lose 50 pounds as a side effect but the shut down of things stopped my daily trips to McDonald's so I gained 10 pounds during this Bat Bug season eating at home. :(

Now that I am out and about walking, bush hogging with the tractor, etc the weight gain has stopped and started to trend down again. I am now 69 and wished I had changed my WOE when I was 29 or at least at 39.

• 4manda76
    4manda76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I’m in to my 6th week of low carb and lost 11lbs so far.
    Sent a friends request