This June I Will....

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member

e4lldlkrlla5.jpg

Swimming pools, gardening, masks, backyard BBQs with friends 6 feet away....hello Summer 2020!! This certainly will be a summer unlike any in the past, but there are still lots of ways to enjoy the outdoors, even if it means modifying how we do things.

Personally, my favorite part of summer is the abundant sunshine!

Let's keep the momentum going on building healthy habits. What habit would you like to work on in June? Or is it a continuation of what you worked on last month?

If you are new to our group, welcome! Please let us know what you will be working on and how we can help! Just a suggestion: set a reminder to check-in periodically with us. Check-in daily, weekly, or as often as works for you, but let us know how you are progressing! We're here to support and encourage you, but if you don't post, we can't cheer you on!

You might frame your goal along these lines:

1. My goal for this month (This June I will...")
2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks can help cement the habit you are trying to build.)
6. What help do you need from us?
7. What does success look like to you at the end of June?

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    It's a back to basics challenge for me this month. I need to return to daily food logging. Anytime I move away from tracking my food regularly, the pounds creep back on. When I write it down, it seems more real to me. I make better food choices. I need to log my food.

This June I will: log at least 18 of 21 meals each week
    The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: log each meal
    The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I bite it, I will write it.
    How often will you do your new habit: Daily
    What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?: "High-five, me!"
    What does success look like to you at the end of June? I'll have lost the few pounds that I've gained over the winter. And I like seeing a filled in MFP diary!
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    This month is all about making better decisions for my overall health.
    1. My goal for this month (This June I will...") eat better, stay healthy
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: exercise, eat right, work on my emotional health
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: exercise wardrobe, meal planning, anxiety courses
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks can help cement the habit you are trying to build.)I will continue to give myself credit for the hard work.
    6. What help do you need from us? support
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of June? Happiness and health!

Hope everyone is doing well!!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,004 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking about how I’m more stressed and not as happy as usual. The Joyful June Challenge is a great idea to help respond to the problem, but I’m also planning on adding meditation to my day. I have kind of resisted trying meditation, but I resisted yoga, too, and now I love it.

1. This June I will meditate.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will do a brief meditation (at least 5 minutes).
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I sit down to start my yoga I will start a guided meditation video first.
    4. How often will you do your new habit: Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? Silent applause 👏
    6. What help do you need from us? Be here for accountability
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of June? I will be feeling less stressed.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @balhoff , I like your tracker- it tracks ALOT!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 what a creative tracker🙂!
  • nebslp
    Options
    Today I am adding to my list of very small easy daily habits "take my multivitamin and Vit D". All of my habits this month are things that I do sporadically when I think about them, but now I will do them mindfully in hopes that they become daily habits that I don't have to think about.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 what a creative tracker🙂!

Thank you @nebslp !!
    I’m excited!!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    Great chart @MadisonMolly2017 . Alzheimer also known as Type 3 diabetes. High processed carbs and excess sugars and a unhealthy lifestyle contributes. I wish I could eat beans. I love them. This will be interesting to see your dots!! Good luck!
  • prgirl39mfp
    Options
    @nebslp good habit! I always forget to take mine. Good luck.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I finally figured out what my habit for June will be. I decided that with everything going on in the outside world, as well as within my own self, that what I need is a fun, old school habit to get back to and track. Totally old school, so even my E-reader or reading apps on my phone or iPad won't count here.

I'm going to read a paper copy 📖 of a classic novel. So this will be all for fun, with no self improvement, or health information, or spiritually focused, or any positive thinking, or changing myself in anyway sort of book allowed. (Although those are always good to read and I still can read anything else in any format I want to, but they won't count toward my habit tracking 📅📊 this month). Even any digital or audio copy of the current novel won't count 😄.

I have a series of Jane Austen's novels that were annotated by David Shapard that I haven't gotten around to really reading yet. So this month I will begin to read them! I have begun one of them any number of times but it keeps getting put off by something that seems more important, or more pressing, or even more interesting or useful...

Why I like this series...If there is a custom or historical reference, for example, that I want to understand better, or a word to be defined as used back then, I can glance at the opposite page where the annotations are, instead of a footnote, for easy viewing. If not I keep on reading the novel without interruption.
    So many words have changed meanings or are not in usage anymore, for example, since the classics were written, that one of the reasons that I love to read them on my E-reader is for the easy access to a dictionary. But these books have such words defined on the opposite page.

Since the last several months I've posted here quite sporadically at best, or basically very absent here more often than not, I went back the last few months to catch up on how everyone has been doing. I have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful, fun, as well as very colorful habit trackers that some have created the last several months. So Awesome!! And thank you for sharing. I love all the creativity that is so evident in this group. And thank you for all the pictures included.

So on to tracking and posting later on today. Right now I need to start my husband's supper.

🤠🌺

• nebslp
    Options
    @texasgardnr that is an awesome goal! Guilt free food for the soul❤️
  • nebslp
    Options
    My day 5 lifetime daily goal that I added has a twist to it. I love being outside but so many days I just don’t feel like going out...maybe something to do with having to put my shoes on😂. Today’s goal is “I will go outside and check the birdbath to see if it needs water or cleaning.” The twist is I took my garden gloves and camera with me and loved it out there so much I weeded the entire hosta bed by the birdbath, so tomorrow it will be ready to plant more flowers. It might be too late to transplant but I’m going to try to move some from another area. This evening I dug/pulled up more black mat covered in 2-3” of dirt and dug weeds, mostly broadleaf grasses, out of places where there wasn’t a mat. That particular area is probably 20X60 feet and I’m about 1/4 of the way done. Maybe not quite that big but now I made myself curious so I will have to measure it tomorrow 🙄 And the birdbath was just fine, too😃
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Great chart @MadisonMolly2017 . Alzheimer also known as Type 3 diabetes. High processed carbs and excess sugars and a unhealthy lifestyle contributes. I wish I could eat beans. I love them. This will be interesting to see your dots!! Good luck!

Thank you! @prgirl39mfp
    Yes, luckily those days are behind me!
    My exercise alone should drop my risk 45% I learned & Normal BMI a significant additional decrease!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    z73rtc378bpr.jpeg

The first step for changes for me is accurate tracking. Here it is for June 5

Tummy not happy so veggies low. Ditto beans.

I’ll get there!!
  • 77tes
    Options
    @texasgardnr , I love your June goal! My daughters and I are reading Jane Austen, too! We particularly chose her to provide more happiness into our day. A chapter a day keep the dementors away - wait that is Harry Potter, not Jane Austen. 🤣 We started with her Early and unfinished works, which we’ll probably finish on Sunday. We’ll start Northanger Abbey on Monday, and we are hoping granddaughters will join us.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , this tracker is such a great one - more creative every month! Just looking at it makes me want to eat the good stuff!

@nebslp, I love your one thing goal and you are so inspiring with your gardening!
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @77tes, your post had me cracking up and giggling. I started with Sense and Sensibility because it is her first published work. read: 📖, did not read 📘.

June 5 📖 (introduction)
    June 6 📖

• nebslp
    Options
    So day 6 of June had me meditating. I’ve had the Calm app for over a year and my stats say I’ve used it only 33 times. I think it was very inexpensive at first but when it automatically renewed I was pretty shocked at the price. I think it was $70 or something like that😳. So now that meditation is a daily goal, I will be putting it to good use. All other goals are settling in well and I’m finding that often one thing triggers another🙂