This June I Will....

Options

Replies

• themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Logged all my meals in Week 2. It does get easier!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,005 Member
    Options
    @themedalist Yep, reading under the covers was definitely a think at our house. My daughters and I are reading Northanger Abbey and my youngest realized that she had first read the book 25 years ago after her 7th grade teacher had given it to her at the end of the school year. She read it in the backyard tent she slept in all that summer and she remembers her dad yelling out the window, “It’s 3am! Turn that lantern off and go to sleep!”

I’ve continued with my meditation practice, and haven’t missed a day. 🧘‍♀️

bfd5og6llbt6.jpeg
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Thanks @nebslp, @themedalist, for the encouragement! And for bringing up some fun memories... about reading when I was supposed to be sleeping 🔦📙😴.

My husband built bunk beds for our children when they were young, with a shelf in the headboards for their books and special toys. He included a small fluorescent light that he built into it for their night time reading!

I'm going to read a paper copy 📖 of a classic novel. This is just for fun reading! I am currently reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen 📚 .

read: 📖, did not read 📘.

June 5 📖 (introduction)
    June 6 📖
    June 7 📖
    June 8 📖
    June 9 📖
    June 10 📖
    June 11 📖
    June 12 📖
    June 13 📖
    June 14 📖
    June 15 📖
    June 16 📖
    June 16 📖

🤠🌺
  • prgirl39mfp
    prgirl39mfp Posts: 3,154 Member
    Options
    Bravo @texasgardnr Great read by the way! Thanks

I am now reading Mithc Albom's Finding Chika. His books make me cry, they are so inspiring and touching. I love them.

June is almost over and I found this month to be very trying in terms of my emotional eating. The course really helps me in terms of getting in touch with my triggers. Some days have been better than others.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I spent the past two days driving 900 miles to see my daughter so I’m pretty sure most of my goals went out the window, except I did drink my water. It took 17 hours (had to hit a few of my favorite quilt shops along the way) so I’m beat and will get back on track tomorrow with my goals that are possible for the next two weeks while I’m here. I’ve not been meditating but otherwise has been pretty successful with my morning water, steps, vitamins, going outside, and posture awareness. I’ll keep trying.
  • 77tes
    Options
    @texasgardnr , we just started Sense and Sensibility. I’m so glad we voted to read Jane Austen.

@prgirl39mfp , books that make you cry are good - that means the characters are real to you. I’ve been resorting to emotional eating too. I know the trigger, I’m just not using my fixes when the trigger pops up.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends,
    I just caught up on all your posts, encouraging comments, and challenges!

It’s been a whacky time for me with some medical tests - one is perfect. Waiting to hear on the 2nd. + my Dad was admitted into hospital with problem caused (decades later) from an earlier surgery which *might* be the one I have to have!😳

I did take on what was supposed to be a shorter, part time work gig, but I can tell I’m stressed & not at the level of peace I was before. I’m walking as usual (but much more tired), food calories are flood but food choices not as good as before, and I’ve made it a point to go to bed early & relax if I wake up early & coax myself back to sleep. I also took a page (lil) from your books & now have a book I will look at, if needed, so I don’t look at my phone, so Thank YOU!!

I am proudest of how I’m handling tough situations. 4.5 years ago I set out to “figure out how to control my mind” and handles with strength & grace a 5 day wait prior to yesterday’s potentially life-changing year and subsequent results. Vastly relieved, but I know I’m strong & can manage the worry and/or terror now.

I’m not using my tracker, but I am eating fruit/veg, protein, etc. macro/micros are good.

I’m just focusing on minutes of exercise, calories, rough macro percentages, water, sleep, and mindfulness.LOL I’ll figure out eating more beans another month 😂

Best to you all!
    Maddie ❤️
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I'm going to read a paper copy 📖 of a classic novel. This is just for fun reading! I am currently reading Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen 📚 .

read: 📖, did not read 📘.

June 5 📖 (introduction)
    June 6 📖
    June 7 📖
    June 8 📖
    June 9 📖
    June 10 📖
    June 11 📖
    June 12 📖
    June 13 📖
    June 14 📖
    June 15 📖
    June 16 📖
    June 17 📖
    June 18 📖
    June 19 📖
    June 20 📖

🤠🌺
  • 77tes
    Options
    Maddie @MadisonMolly2017, it sounds like you are walking through some scary times. Glad to hear the one test was good. I’m glad that your good practices are supporting you at this difficult times. I’ll be praying for good results on your 2nd test and for your dad. Hugs!

@texasgardnr , I’m starting on Sense & Sensibility now. Fun reading!

I’m sticking with my meditation practice. I’m finding it easier than I expected.
    mtqoyefggbd9.jpeg

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @77tes
    Thank you so much!
    Dad is out of the woods as of this morning!!
    🙏🏻😁🌟👍
    Still awaiting the 2nd test- likely another week. I’m keeping busy.

Got into a bag of a food that now makes me queasy. My husband agreed that we should toss a bunch of the unhealthy foods. We thought of giving it to neighborhood 20-somethings but they workout & wasn’t sure they’d eat it either. I’m so grateful for him.

Not beating myself up - it was part of my learning to handle food cues these past 4 months that I used to avoid by only going down certain aisles.

Better to toss them than having to go back to trying to lose weight!!!

Thank you for your prayers @77tes !
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm happy to hear your dad is out of the woods! That's wonderful news! I will add you to my prayers also, that your 2nd test comes back good. xoxo

I am inspired by all of you who are reading more. I've been wanting to get away from reading on my Kindle app at night because they say the light causes a lesser quality sleep, but I really struggle reading a real paper book without bothering my husband with light. I have one of those little book lights that clamp onto the cover, but it's harder on my eyes. Anyway, I also get many free books and got hooked on Blake Pierce's suspense series. Always looking for suggestions of authors who write mystery/suspense!

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    In June, I will....
    In June, I will pre-plan what I plan to eat for the day and pre-journal it on paper or in MFP. I will also make a "1% change" each day by asking myself "What small change can I make today?".
    The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Write down in my daily journal what I plan to eat for both meals and snacks. Add a small change I can make, i.e. no sour cream on baked potato, walnuts instead of croutons on salad, Stevia & Almond milk vs creamer in coffee, park further away from store, ride bicycle to library instead of drive...
    The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I pour my first cup of coffee, I will sit down with my journal.
    How often will you do your new habit: Daily. Either evening before or that morning.
    What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?: Tell myself "YES!" with a fist pump in the air!
    What does success look like to you at the end of June? Planning and logging will be a habit and part of my daily morning routine that I don't have to think about. I will have adapted many new small changes that will add up to good rewards! If I am able to reach my mini goal of <175 lbs OR be able to wear my wedding ring again for the first time in 8 years, I will book myself a massage. :smile:

6/8 :smile:
    6/9 :smile:
    6/10 :smile:
    6/11 :smile:
    6/12 :smile:
    6/13 :smile:
    6/14 :smile:
    6/15 :smile:
    6/16 :smile:
    6/17 :smile:
    6/18 :smile:
    6/19 :naughty:
    6/20 :naughty:
    6/21 :smile:
    6/22 :smile:

• 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , it makes much more sense to toss food that is unhealthy than to consume it and undermine your health. If it means staying out of certain aisles to avoid trigger foods - that’s a pretty simple and smart way to deal with the problem.

I’m so glad to hear the good news about your dad!

@PackerFanInGB , sometimes you can adjust your device to reduce the blue light. I have my IPad set for “night shift,” You might try that if your device has it.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @77tes Thank you! I changed it on my iPhone also, and boy does that make a difference! I was struggling with both. :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    In June, I will....
    In June, I will pre-plan what I plan to eat for the day and pre-journal it on paper or in MFP. I will also make a "1% change" each day by asking myself "What small change can I make today?".
    The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Write down in my daily journal what I plan to eat for both meals and snacks. Add a small change I can make, i.e. no sour cream on baked potato, walnuts instead of croutons on salad, Stevia & Almond milk vs creamer in coffee, park further away from store, ride bicycle to library instead of drive...
    The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I pour my first cup of coffee, I will sit down with my journal.
    How often will you do your new habit: Daily. Either evening before or that morning.
    What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?: Tell myself "YES!" with a fist pump in the air!
    What does success look like to you at the end of June? Planning and logging will be a habit and part of my daily morning routine that I don't have to think about. I will have adapted many new small changes that will add up to good rewards! If I am able to reach my mini goal of <175 lbs OR be able to wear my wedding ring again for the first time in 8 years, I will book myself a massage. :smile:

6/8 :smile:
    6/9 :smile:
    6/10 :smile:
    6/11 :smile:
    6/12 :smile:
    6/13 :smile:
    6/14 :smile:
    6/15 :smile:
    6/16 :smile:
    6/17 :smile:
    6/18 :smile:
    6/19 :naughty:
    6/20 :naughty:
    6/21 :smile:
    6/22 :smile:
    6/23 :smile: My 1% change was having fresh veggies chopped in a bowl with dressing instead of steak fries or chips with my bratwurst. No bun.
    6/24
    6/25
    6/26
    6/27
    6/28
    6/29
    6/30

• 77tes
    Options
    @texasgardnr , did your annotated Sense and Sensibility discuss the filigree basket? I just had to look up an article on it and I thought of you. 😊
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Discarding the problem foods & careful purchasing is working!
    Quality of food is higher. :)

Still awaiting one test results - I guess it takes 3 weeks😲

Focusing on self-care after some ugly work stuff.

Have realized creativity & color & artmaking is NOT frivolous & in less than a month I have decided to officially be Retired. I had been fighting it, but I have really seen my stress levels zoom up & my positive attitude struggle.

I hope you are all doing well.
    💞❤️💕❣️
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being such a no show this month. My Dad's birthday was last week and knowing that he's kind of down about living in a nursing home under a pandemic, I reached out to his family and friends and asked them to make birthday videos for him. About 40 people participated and I created a website for him that he just loved. But the whole project was insanely time consuming on top of my entirely on-line full time job. Sometimes I just can't stomach more computer time. I need walks, gardening, and guitars to re-balance my life.

I will catch up with you soon and post the July challenge soon. I miss you all!!!
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , congratulations on your decision to retire. Creativity and art making are definitely NOT frivolous!

@themedalist , what a wonderful way to honor your dad’s birthday and cheer and encourage him! That Website and 40 videos sound like a HUGE project! I’m so glad he loved it!

My goals went well. I’m still in love with my habit tracker. I did manage to meditate every day in June although I don’t feel like it is an established habit yet.

fs6o1qnlb65q.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 , congratulations on your decision to retire. Creativity and art making are definitely NOT frivolous!

@themedalist , what a wonderful way to honor your dad’s birthday and cheer and encourage him! That Website and 40 videos sound like a HUGE project! I’m so glad he loved it!

My goals went well. I’m still in love with my habit tracker. I did manage to meditate every day in June although I don’t feel like it is an established habit yet.

fs6o1qnlb65q.jpeg

@77tes I’m so glad you love your tracker! Congratulations on your many successes!!