Monthly Post June 2020

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,968 Member
Happy June everybody!

We are six months in to 2020, but feels longer!? :o

I am planning to get caught up on the posts from the May thread. Will touch base again soon.

Have a great day!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 I am glad you realized it is a new month, because it snuck up on me!
    I am just chugging along with my chubby self. I am doing a longer/lower calorie fast today and tomorrow. I also joined one of the MFP challenges for exercise. Gotta get moving!
    Have a GREAT month! Stay healthy!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to extend my dry fasts, the past few days have been Ramadan style, having a meal and water at night. I want to be losing a little faster, gonna try to go the next few days before breaking
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hey, all! I am almost through my fast. I ended up having a small salad for dinner and then one Voortman wafer cookie. I regret nothing. I also got a small project done yesterday. One of those things that you put off for no good reason and then when you finally do it, you smack yourself because it was really easy. Today is clean out the fridge/freezers day. I have no idea what all we have in there and we are completely out of freezer space.
    Have a great day! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@KateNkognito congrats on the fast. I call it a win! Yes, we need to clean out our freezer too. Trying to keep eating stuff from it before buying more stuff, but that never seems to work. :o

@cgcrutch good for you! I have been dealing with slow weight loss at times, but I am not ready to change things up yet and do a longer fast. Sticking with my 3pm to 9pm eating window and planning to ride it out for now. I need to let my body adjust. Been losing lots of inches. :)

Not much else going on here. Sticking with my six hour eating window and keto WOE. Drinking lots of water!

Have a nice one and see you guys soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Didn't get the fridge/freezer done yesterday, will do today. I get to get into my classroom to put things away and sort stuff on Friday, so I am planning on fasting again then.
    We have had some protests not too far away. It is kind of tense. There was a police shooting a little while back and now all of this. We are staying out of the city for now. 2020 is one crazy year. Stay safe! Stay Healthy! Keep loving each other and try to find the helpers!

mvaa9ezizqch.png
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Crazy day so just dropping by to say hi.

Went in to the office for a few hours and next thing you know the work day is almost over! :o

Hope all is well. See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope everybody is good!

Not much to report here. Rocking and rolling along with Keto. Tomorrow AM is weekly weigh in day. Fingers crossed. :)

Have a good one and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It has been a day!! I am not going to eat my feelings. I am not going to eat my feelings...

Have a good day everyone. I am going to go take a nap and start fresh later. Stay healthy! Have a lovely day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

@KateNkognito hope you didn't eat your feelings! Hugs.

Happy to report that I am down 1.4 lbs which brings me to a total of 50 lbs lost since starting Keto in August of 2019. 20 lbs to go until goal weight. :)

Hope everybody has a great day and a nice weekend. I am off on Monday. We are planning to spend as much time as possible outside and at the beach. B)

Have a good one and see you all soon.
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just checking in with you lovely ladies. I completed my 10 day fast with only one day that was a bit rough. I lost a total of 13 lbs over the whole fasting protocol I was doing and 6lbs over the last 10 days. So results wise it has been super productive. I hit the 150s so that's super exciting and uncharted territory. I've 13lbs (I think) left to my goal weight. I've moved my goal several times already so I'll reassess once I'm close and see if that's my ultimate number or not.

Today I'm back to eating, and honestly it's a struggle. 😂 I psychologically want to eat all the tasty food, and my body is like... You're doing what now? Make up your mind crazy lady!

Glad to see everyone is doing well @Meghan509 congratulations on another stellar loss, @KateNkognito hope you're having a better day today!
  • Achieve135Now
    Achieve135Now Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the group- been doing a 16:8 since Jan.1 and lost 40 but have struggled the last few weeks. I want to step it up so want to try the 5:2 and see how it goes. I still have over 100+ to lose. I see this group has been around a while so wondering if you all have any tips/tricks for starting out this new journey?
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Welcome, @Achieve135Now! It is nice to see a new face! There are a ton of resources on this page. We are also a pretty friendly, encouraging group.

@A_Dabauer I hope you got your brain and body all in step. :) Congratulations on being so close to your goal!

@Meghan509 Congratulations on the loss and enjoy your day off!!

I didn't eat my feelings, but I didn't do very well, either. I am going to keep changing things up until I find what works for me. I am doing well with the longer fasts. I think I need to start weighing in more often for the accountability. Also, I need to start exercising. I pretty much have the eating part in hand, but I have to get this flab in shape and also do some cardio to burn more fat while I am fasting.

@mamainthekitchen, @orlcam, @cgcrutch, and everyone else: Hello!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Had a great day off today. Quick hello!
    Will check back in tomorrow AM. B)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, all! I am just stopping in for a quick hello and then I am off. Things to do, places to go, people to see. Have a good one and stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It is so windy today I am glad I am still a fat girl! I was going to fast today but the dog was jumpy all night because of the wind, so I am tired. Tired and hungry do not go well for me. I will take a nap and try for tomorrow. Our garden is making peas and lettuce, so I see a salad in my future! I am going to grill a whole bunch of stuff tonight for the rest of the week. I got a new accessory for the grill that will let me boil stuff, so I can make pasta and rice side dishes outside when it is hot. I am super excited! I hope everyone is having a good week. Stay healthy!!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

Too funny @KateNkognito!

Just spent a few hours this AM at the office and then went to an eye doctor appointment that had been rescheduled a bunch of times from end of March until now. :) About to have lunch.

Things are good here. Plugging along. Sticking to my Keto WOE and hoping for a loss this Friday AM!

Speak to you all soon. Have a great day.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

Hope everybody is well.

Going well here. Not too much to report. :)

Hope to report a loss tomorrow AM when I check in. To all of those fasting - have a great day!

See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Random add... I am going for a hair cut and highlights tonight and can't wait!!! Due to the pandemic, my last hair appointment was in early March. Good thing is I really don't have any grey hair but it is so LONG and driving me nuts. :O
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Well, I wasn't going to fast, but then I walked the dog without having had breakfast and I decided to see how it goes. Accidental fasting for the win?!

@Meghan509 Enjoy your haircut! I missed my annual appointment because of the virus, but now I am thinking I might just skip this year and see how long it gets. Great excuse for new hair accessories, right?

Have a great day, everyone! Stay healthy!
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling hopeless :( I do all this fasting and it seems any time I eat ANYTHING I go right back to square one! Yesterday I dry fasted all day and ate 2 boiled eggs, some quest chips and 2 cups of green beans with a tablespoon of fat to cook... HOW am I gaining weight from that?? I merely THOUGHT about ordering takeout but decided not to backslide so I wouldn't gain weight. Still gained weight, over a pound. Like the fasting did NOTHING and the keto food was the pizza I wanted it to be. UGH!