Monthly Post June 2020

Options

Replies

• cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Even OMAD dry fasting isn't working. I'm gonna have to fast continuously until I reach my goal weight.. probably have to fast forever
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Weighed in this morning and am the same weight as last week. S'ok I will take it. We measured recently and I have lost several inches since two months ago, when we last measured. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the Keto WOE is not about the number on the scale but losing fat which means inches. :)

@KateNkognito my hairdresser kept my longer length which I am happy about. She just trimmed up the layers and side bangs and freshened the blond highlights. Just these small tweaks have made me feel better in general. Weird.
    LOL.

@cgcrutch hang in there. I would try a reset. Try a couple of weeks of simple 1200-1500 calories a day, CICO - calories in, calories out and see if that will get you losing and back on track. Track it here via MFP. Try not to go crazy with processed ingredients and faux foods. Simple eating. Drink lots of water, take a multi vitamin, etc... If you exercise a little keep it simple, such as walking. Don't eat your exercise calories back. See if that gets you losing again. If it does, then dry a fast here or there, or Keto if that has worked for you. Don't beat yourself up. <3

Hope everybody else is good. I am planning to spend Saturday and Sunday at the beach. Beautiful weather here on tap. If I don't see you, have a great weekend and see you on Monday.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    @cgcrutch I agree with Meghan. Maybe your body thinks it isn't going to get any calories, so it is storing everything you eat. I would try a week or so of normal (break even) calories and then another week of more traditional 5:2 to see if that helps. And hydrate. You can't burn fat without water. Good luck!

@Meghan509 Glad you feel better with your new 'do! Have fun at the beach!

Not sure what is in store this weekend. It is really hot out again, so I am considering filling up the kiddie pool in the back yard and setting my lawnchair next to it. With a cool lemonade to accompany it. Have a great weekend! Stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Monday, Y'all! I am just dropping in before I head out into the heat to run errands. Have I mentioned that I disliked grocery shopping before the pandemic, but now I LOATHE it? And the teenagers seem to want to eat us out of house and home. :/
    Have a good week! Happy fasting! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@KateNkognito hope you had a nice weekend! I can imagine how your grocery bill has looked with teenagers at home eating all day long. LOL Even our little family of two can't seem to walk out of a Costco for less than $150. :blush:

I am good here. We had a nice relaxing weekend with beautiful weather. Went to the beach on Saturday and it felt nice to recharge. We play music via a little blue tooth speaker and we have lunch and basically people watch. The beach is quiet and it is capped at a 50% capacity level. Nice and peaceful.

Feel grateful to be healthy, employed, and to have found a way of eating that is working for me. When I look back, the last time I weighed what I do now (160) was in 1992. Yep, a really long time ago. Feels good. Size 8 pants are fitting comfortable, might even try a size 6 when the fitting rooms open up again. Tops are small most of the time.

Hope everybody had a great weekend. On tap for me is working from home every day except Wednesday. Will be in the office in person for the first time since March, for a full day. Might be the only one there. LOL We shall see!

Have a nice Monday and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 It sounds like you had a lovely weekend! I am really glad you have found something that works for you and you are feeling healthy and happy. <3

I didn't intend to fast yesterday, but then I didn't have anything to eat until 2 in the afternoon. I ended up with not a fast, but definitely a low calorie day. I got a new accessory for my grill that lets me use one of the burners like a stove top. I was able to grill on one side and boil a noodle side on the other. It was fantastic! It is so hot out, I hate to heat up the house cooking inside. Now I can make a nice meal and not stress the AC. (The sad part is, I have reached the age where a new grill accessory makes me this happy.)
    Have a good rest of the week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@KateNkognito thanks! I am happy too. I have to say I am liking the shorter eating window a lot and have adapted to it since being home due to Covid-19. Today I am in the office, but am still planning to stick to a 3:00pm to 9:00pm eating window.

Hope everybody is good and well and have a nice June. Jeez, we are half way through June! :o

Have a great day and chat soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Just another day in paradise here. Today is going to get really wild when I give the dog a bath!
    On the weight loss side, I had been forgetting to take my vitamins for a while. I started up again and I can't believe the difference it is making in my mood and how I feel physically. I don't remember ever having this much of a difference before. I must be getting old. But I will take the lack of hunger and the weight loss that will come with it. I have been below my calorie goal every day this week. I am just not hungry anymore.

To everyone that lurks: Shout out to you all! I know you are there!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

@KateNkognito I know what you mean about vitamins. I take A LOT and I like the way they make me feel. Also have been reading how important it is to keep your Vitamin D levels high, during this pandemic. Supposed to help you fight the virus, should you get it.

Article here for anyone interested:
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/05/200507121353.htm

The month and week has been flying by!

Survived a full day in the office yesterday. Funny thing is NOBODY was there except for me. :o Got a lot done, that is for sure. Next week I volunteered for two days in.

Keto WOE is going well. Managed to stick to my eating window just fine yesterday. Nice to know I can do that even when my routine is a little different.

Have not really been exercising at all. But, the good news is our gym was able to open back up yesterday. Lots of Covid-19 safety protocols in place. We will probably check it out sometime soon.

Planning to stick to my Keto WOE today and hoping for a positive weigh in tomorrow AM. :)

Have a great day all!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 That sounds like a good day at the office. :) A lot of the local gyms are having trouble since reopening because people discovered all the free options that we have around here.

Not sure what today will look like, diet wise. I finally ordered a hybrid smartwatch. I am excited to see what it says as far as VO2 and such. A brisk walk is in my future when I get it all set up.

Have a nice end of the week! Stay healthy!!
  • Meghan509
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Good morning all!

Or lately, since it has been quiet around here, I should say good morning @KateNkognito. LOL The smart watch sounds cool! Hope it is awesome.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! I am down two pounds this week. Very happy with that. :) First time I have been in the 150's since the early 1990's. Loooong time ago! :o

Feeling happy and healthier. Plans for the weekend include: BEACH! Supposed to be nice weather and unfortunately, we won't be visiting BF's parents for Father's Day due to Covid-19. :( Hopefully we can plan a visit with them soon.

Have a great day and a great weekend. See you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, all! Or just @Meghan509 , as the case may be. :)
    It is rainy and cool here and I love it! When the rain stops, I am going for a walk!
    Have a great weekend!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    My library got in a few books about fasting this month. One of them, Fast. Feast. Repeat. by Gin Stephens, stuck out to me, so I checked it out. It is a good read. Some interesting things I knew, but hadn't really thought about very deeply. I will say that she is very biased towards an eating window vs. a daily fasting regimen, not because she thinks it is bad, but because that is what she has found success with. She also very much emphasizes the feast day after a fast day if you do a daily fasting routine. I am newly motivated to try some of her suggestions and see if they can get things moving along a bit. :)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Sounds awesome Kate! Let me know how that book is.

Jason Fung is another author who is well known for fasting. Check him out if you see his books.

Have a great day! B)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good morning, y'all! We had a nice weekend. My husband enjoyed shish kebabs and home made ice cream yesterday. The weather has been nice and cool. I am loving it!

So, the book I read really emphasized NO calories during fasting hours. No broth, no flavored beverages, no creamer in your coffee. Nothing. I am going to look into the science behind it. What she said makes sense, we have an insulin response when we taste flavors, especially sweet. Bitter, like coffee, doesn't spur the response. The insulin response keeps your body from burning fat. I haven't looked at the research to see if I agree that it is as pronounced as she claims, but I am going to try it that way for a few days and see how it goes. It is a brand new book, so if your library has it, or would get it for you, I would really recommend it.

I hope everyone has a good week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds like you had a nice Father's Day, Kate! We spent whole weekend at the beach. We had beautiful days both Saturday and Sunday here.

Interesting on the book about fasting. Yup, they are usually pretty strict about what you do during the fasting window. I will keep an eye out for that book, next time I at the library. Our library just opened back up recently and I can't wait to go! :)

On Saturday night my BF and I decided to treat ourselves to a "high carb" meal. First time in 10 months or since starting Keto in August of 2019, that we have done something like this. We chose pizza and it was very good. Got right back on track the following day and what was nice is we didn't feel any ill effects from the big carb hit. We were just really tired afterwards. Which also could have been from spending the day outside!? This was more of an experiment for us on how we feel when we eat something higher carb. We plan to stay on track with Strict Keto but will allow ourselves in time to have a planned "high carb treat" now and then. Everybody needs to do what works for them!

Hope everybody is good and yes, staying healthy! See you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, all! It is a beautiful morning! I am going to get the house aired out and cleaned today. Manstink is a real thing. (Sorry, gents, but teenage boys reek.)
    I fasted for 22 hours with nothing but water. Then I had lunch and dinner which equaled about a normal day's calories. Today is going to be a normal day and tomorrow I will fast until dinner, have 500ish calories and then normal on Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

@Meghan509 That sounds like a WONDERFUL weekend! And I am glad you enjoyed your pizza. :smile: You absolutely have to make whatever you are doing work for you or you won't stick with it.

Ok, off to tackle the dust bunnies! Wish me luck!! Have a great week! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Too funny @KateNkognito teenagers. LOL Your fast sounds awesome. Hope you get good results from it. :)

Thank you. Yes, we were very excited that we were able to have a treat and then get right back on the Keto Wagon. Similar planned for when we take some vacation time.

Crazy how fast June is going. Sigh... This has been a crazy year with a Global Pandemic, etc. but it is going fast! :o

Things are good here. Sticking with my Keto WOE and 1200 calories a day, etc.

Have a good day. Stay healthy! See you soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all.
    Hope everybody is good today.
    Working from the office today and tomorrow and so far it feels weird! That's okay.
    Sticking with my Keto WOE and drinking lots of water.
    Have a good day and see you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    My fast went really well. Had a 500 calorie dinner and will have breakfast tomorrow morning. Allergies were bad this morning when I woke up, so I shut the windows and stayed inside. No walk for me. I will try for tomorrow. I have collected a whole bunch of stats to compare in a month and see how I am doing. I should take a "before" picture, but I don't know if I want photographic evidence...

Meghan, I bet it is weird being back in the office. Is there anyone else there?

Have a good rest of the week! Stay healthy!!