WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    But YIKES @evangsimmons170 - I hope your knee will be ok. Those can be tricky, so I hope it is minor and will get better with ice, rest, and plenty of upper body work :smiley:
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    ells_runs wrote: »
    Good evening all!
    Just checking in with my steps 😊
    Not as good as last week, though.

Your steps are great, I would be happy with half.
  • jugar
    Options
    Cerizez wrote: »
    I went to Ikea this week.

I was due to move overseas, but 'Rona had other ideas. As a result, I had given away my furniture and all my clothes etc are in storage, so I've been living out of a suitcase and some random packing boxes.

Now that stores are open again, off to Ikea to get some essentials for the next few months. It's so nice to have things up off the floor again, and a little bit of civilization. And trees: 2 large indoor palm trees to keep me company for the next few months.

Ikea actually wasn't as bad as usual: a bit of a slow walk rather than a queue to get in. Restaurant not open, market stall not at all packed. No queues at the checkouts.

That's wild - where were you supposed to move? I'll bet it feels delightful to have furniture again - and indoor plants are always a good boost. I had a laugh on first sight of your use of the word 'Rona -- here we have a large hardware and housewares chain called Rona, and I wondered for a minute if you had them in Ireland too!
  • jugar
    Options
    LAST CALL!
    @Steph1498
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Alexsandramorff
    @CM_73

Time to get those weigh-ins done! I start tallies bright and early Sunday morning, so try to get those numbers in! If I missed it please re-post - the search function is kaput again... Thanks!

• lovethyneighbor
    lovethyneighbor Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Sat at the baseball field ALL day. Our son plays travel ball and the weekends are always baseball. It was so hot my heart rate was up and it was in fat burning mode. 9akmx8vj7vlp.png
    f66l29q1pww4.jpeg
    ivqib1sh94xh.png

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Terytha on your smaller Jean's. I bet that made your week!

@micki48 I thought I commented on the pics of you and your hubby, but maybe that was just in my head. You 2 look so adorable! I love the matching masks! Congrats on your recent anniversary.

So I just finished reading/scanning this article on the many benefits of walking: https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/7-reasons-need-walk-2/

Speaking of which, I was working out last night doing my walk at home video and backed into my coffee table. My knee buckled and I must have twisted my knee cuz now I'm struggling to walk or stand. But trust and believe I will not be down long. In the meantime I'll look up exercises I can do while seated. I refuse to give up the progress I've made so far!!!!

Rhonda, congratulations on your new job! but 'oh no!' about your knee - rest it and heal quickly! I too will be looking into seated exercises - starting back in the office tomorrow.
    I LOVE walking. The only problem with walking is that it takes time which is why I've always wanted to be someone who runs...my biggest hurdle with running is...I can't stand it! ha!

@Terytha That is a GREAT feeling - discovering you fit into the next size - Way to go!

• YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Step & Exercise update

16th July
    Steps - 2302
    Exercise - 0

17th July - 2612
    Exercise - 45 mins HIIT & Abs workout

18th July - 3503
    Exercise - 33 mins Legs & Biceps strength workout

So this coming week it's quite clear what I need to do - get those steps up!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit
    I love your positive attitude :)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Pw 166.2
    Cw 167.2
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    thanks @jugar , i'ts a lot of mental work. I've lost this amount of weight a few years ago but put it all back on again. This time I can't put the weight back on again. I need to figure it out and maintain. For me that's harder than losing the weight.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    Good evening all!
    Just checking in with my steps 😊
    Not as good as last week, though./quote]

@ells_runs Actually, your week was BETTER this week than last as our week runs Sunday to Saturday. Way to go with those amazing steps. :)
This discussion has been closed.