WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    Hi, hope you are all healthy and safe.

Test results came back negative. No covid around here. Will keep low until we clear the 14 days just incase its a false negative.

Haven't been 100% into weight loss the last few weeks but I am 100% back. Hoping to show a loss on Saturday. Fingers cross.
    That's such a relief! Even if it is not 100% certain, you are doing the right thing to keep low, and get back 100% both for virus prevention and weight loss. Many hugs to you :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    @micki48 - that sounds like a great win! It is so hard to grocery shop when you are starving - and you closed in good balance! Yes!

I had a good win today too. I was REALLY hungry before dinner-making time and even though steps were going well, I had not done anything more. So I put together a 30 minute circuit of kettlebells and bodyweight exercises that also included some core and stretching - an all arounder. Of course, then it was time to get to some serious food prep, and when I am that hungry I crave grains, even though they are not really my friends. They speed my pulse way up and make me feel weird. So instead of grains, I made a 2 oz. helping of red lentil pasta and put it in my skillet of veggies and fresh herbs, topping it off with a bit of fresh parmesan at the end. The red lentil pasta is wonderfully filling, has plenty of protein and fibre, and I feel good and full without the grain effect. I also don't crave to keep eating with the lentil or chickpea pastas. They are wonderful to have on hand if you have not ever tried them. Then I still had enough calories left for a nice helping of sorbet - strawberries and mango this time. Soon enough black currants to make my fave of the year :smiley:

Does anyone else have a great substitute for a less healthy food that is both satisfying and less damaging to the calorie tally at the end of the day?
  • jugar
    Options
    Weigh-in update!

Late! @alexsandramorff and @CM_73
    Wednesday: @evelynladams527 and @eggfreak
    Thursday: @conleywoods
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @mathewsfive Great news on the negative test results. Such a relief. It can be hard to maintain that motivation over time but you will find it and get going again!

@jugar Very nice workout indeed! I have been really interested in the lentils and chickpea pasta. I will have to give it a try. Right now I have stocked up on cauliflower rice and zoodles so I can eat a lot and not kill the calorie budget.

@micki48 and @terytha sounds like life has been busy for you! Hang in there.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Test results came back negative. No covid around here.
    :)

• Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    @jugar - your red lentil pasta sounds great.

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    a8yiv0aboq1n.png

Haircut day! I'm just going to get it all chopped off this time. My first haircut once the salon re-opened I left it a bit longer than usual, but now I'm going back to "get this stuff off me!!" And then I just have to get over the exercise slump that has been coming and going.

I wish you all the best day - as @eggfreak reminded us - the time is now!

You mean we'll both be uber-short at the same time? That's fun! I cut mine off to give to the Locks of Love program (they make wigs for children who have lost their hair for whatever health reason). I haven't sent it, yet, but plan to today.
    I'll post a picture if I can - you post one, too!
    Thanks for touching base about exercise / emotional slumps. It's a better day.
    xoxo
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak Woohoo... Thats called a whoosh.. Good job !

@matthewsfive Glad the test was negative !

Speaking of Covid tests my daughters 2nd one came back negative, it was the rapid test though and apparently it has a poor accuracy rating, she won't get the results for the regular test for another few days, but she can't go back to work anyway because not enough of the kitchen staff has gotten their results back yet, so they are staying closed until they know everyone is negative... No one who works there actually had it, but alot of people who work on the square tested positive, and she rode to get tested with a girl who had it (1st test which was 8 days ago).

I did not do my evening exercise yesterday, but it's okay it was my off day and it was only a 20 min walk.. we had so many errands, and I had a horrible headache...

This morning I did not do my exercise either, my alarm went off at 5.30 I hit dismiss instead of snooze and slept till 8 when my husband text me to ask me how I was, and I was like oh shoot, ( I start work at 7.30) - so yeah I was an hour and a half late for work, but man I slept great last night, I really needed that... I will do the exercise when I get home...

My son leaves early tomorrow morning to drive from Maryland to North Dakota,he is taking my car to my youngest son who is stationed there. We tried to ship it, but no trucks go there without wanting a fortune... He is doing 12 hrs on Friday - Baltimore to Chicago, then Sat is Chicago to Fargo, ND, that's 8 hours, then Sunday is Fargo to Grand Forks, ND which is only 2 hours, but his flight leaves at 12 on Sunday to come back to Baltimore, which is 5 hours because it's 3 flights with layovers... He is a good brother, and I am so glad he is doing that, but as a mother I worry, it's a long drive...
  • jugar
    Options
    Here's Thursday already -

@eggfreak - isn't it great being so cool again? I am loving it. And yes, soup sounds good. My fave is "green soup". I cook a pile of zucchinis with onions, lots of fresh grated ginger, lots of black pepper, and any greens I have (spinach especially). Use a broth or water, add some potato or red lentils if you want more oomph. Cook it all soft, blend it to utter smooth wonderfulness, and it freezes great. Sometimes instead of ginger and pepper I use dill and other fresh herbs, but I love the gingery version. I also love orange soup. Everything is orange - sweet potato, red lentils, lots of turmeric (preferably fresh) and ginger. Blend that one up too - it's thick and filling. Makes a great sauce too.

I just started a Recipes thread in the Announcements - that way everyone can share with the whole F2F gang. The idea was proposed in the Idea Lounge - so go ahead and add recipes there too, and just tell people here you have done so. Then you don't have to post twice. I hope it will be a good resource!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes/p1?new=1

@evelynladams527 I'll try to work up the courage to take a photo and we can rock our shorn locks!

@Gidgitgoescrazy wishing your son a fabulous road trip. I know it is hard as Mom, but there is something so wonderful about a road trip - I have done the Québec - Alberta drive a few times and even though it is a whole lot of hours on the butt, it's a good one. You need good tunes, maybe a good audiobook or three (if he likes those), and an imaginary cartoon explosive device to launch at groove killers on the road. Up here, most of the way to Alberta is 2 lane roads with only occasional slow truck lanes added on hills so that you can pass said groove killers - I hope your son's route is a bit more generous to passing and filled with great scenery and not too much traffic. :heart:

Have a great Thursday all!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    toylvg6a0i5h.png
    /center]
    Waistaways July Week 2 Results
    1st place - @ells_runs 103,580!!!!!!!!!!! A top step record for sure.
    2nd place - @evangsimmons170 - 77,874
    3rd place - @KellyBgetsfit 56,209b]

Great stepping this week. No total because our spreadsheet wasn't computing it and my mind wasn't up for it. Also, we all need to work a little harder to meet those daily goals. I post those who met their daily goal 7/7 or 6/7 days. If you think I should do 5/7 days let me know that. Try and get all those step tallies in by Sunday. Thanks!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Wow! Kristi and Sylvia way to go with the huge weight losses this week!!!! So proud of how hard you have all been working and how inspiring you have been.

@conleywoods Kristi, I love your then and now photos. Wow what a difference and you are such a cutie in both photos.

@Gidgitgoescrazy glad to hear your daughter is still testing negative. I totally understand the mom nerves with a kiddo driving. My son has taken many road trips and I make him check in frequently. Sending good vibes for a safe trip and all negative test results.

@Terytha Sorry to hear life is a screaming headache right now. Hope you've had a chance to breathe deeply and gather yourself for a productive, less stressful day.

I haven't been on the scale at all this week. Not sure how I am doing. I feel like I have been eating fewer calories, my log says I am and I think I am being accurate. Not a ton of exercise, but better than last week. So we will see.

Today is my anniversary and I'm not sure of my whole menu, but hubby is having steak and I am having Lobster cakes. (I did not make them.) Not sure what else yet, but I will try and make it under my calorie limit for the day.

@jugar I keep meaning to tell you, something is up with the spreadsheet. Numbers are not adding up so either there is a missing formula or or a mistake.

Still hot here and keeps looking like it's going to rain, but doesn't. Had so much earlier this summer and now NONE. My ground is cracking like a desert in the yard.

Talk to you later.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I ate some timbits and sent a professionally scolding email and was informed that my email is great and that person is on the layoffs list.

It'll be OK.

I'm very tired of drama and in dire need of cat snuggles.
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @micki48 thank you for the encouragement ♥️ I forgot to say that my daily step goal is 15,000
    I'm only this active because I'm working long hours. As of next Friday I'm on 3 weeks holiday so that will be a challenge to stick to every goal 😞

My steps for
    14.07 Tuesday steps 19,748
    15.07 Wednesday steps 14,411
    16.07 Thursday steps 15,509

Have a lovely Friday all ♥️
  • jugar
    Options
    Congrats @conleywoods ! Losing 40 pounds is a great accomplishment, and you look wonderful. Keep up the great work and soon you'll be celebrating 50!!!!

Well, some craziness in numbers has been reported :grimace: I do not see any problem on the spreadsheet, @micki48 - but I know sometimes there is a difference between the web version and the mobile/tablet version. I don't know why that should be, but I don't see anything not working right. Where did you see the problem?

@Terytha - it looks like your dramatic email hit the mark. Hang on through the crazy times - you're helping things move in the right direction, even if there are some wild currents along the way. Cake and cats. I like your comfort solutions. But put the emphasis on cats, ok? Better for the numbers :wink:

I had a kind of stupid day today. So I'll just turn the page.

Friday weigh-ins!
    @deniners2
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @SMcFall0215
    @CanadianGiraffe
    @happimess01

May the lightness trip your Friday!
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @conleywoods What a beautiful pic of you and your hubby! You both look so happy! I'm glad you had a wonderful anniversary on Tuesday!

@micki48 Congrats on your 37th anniversary today! That's fantastic! I hope you and your hubby had a wonderful day!

Happy birthday to all those who had birthdays this week! :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.