WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Replies

• Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    CW: 164.5
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    The moss plants are so cute!

I will catch up with you all tomorrow, but just want to remind the Saturday people and everyone who still needs to weigh in -

@evelynladams527
    @Steph1498
    @evangsimmons170
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez
    @lovethyneighbor

Thanks! And congratulations for sticking to the 2-cookie limit, @micki48 and @conleywoods !
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Here are my moss/plant projects from yesterday. They were so much fun to make!
    xzqeqzfcet6w.jpg

I love them. So adorable. Great job!
  • jugar
    Happy Saturday!

Another beautiful day here - we are just having a run of perfect weather lately. I went blueberry picking with a friend last evening, since my own bushes are not producing much yet, and watched the most spectacular sunset over the mountains (mere hills to you westerners!) while picking a great batch of organic blueberries. Less than half the price of what you get in the stores, and no plastic waste - we brought our own containers and had good chitchat, beautiful birdsong, that sunset, and the tiny crescent moon on the way home. Needless to say, my breakfast was extra wonderful today!

Here we are on the last day of week 4 - one more week to wrap up July! We have had some good steady sustainable losses this month - not big, but doing well! See if you can top up the losses this coming week to finish the month in the green. Even if it is only .2 pounds, a loss is a loss!
  • jugar
    edited July 2020
    Cerizez wrote: »
    PW: 134.5
    CW: 138
    LTD: +2 (gained 2)

Ah well, it happens! Just a quick note, though - the LTD should be the total you have lost since your very highest weight ever. This is how we catch milestones, so go from your highest, whether it is the MFP starting weight or not. Since you just started here recently, I wanted to make sure , and maybe that is already what you are doing - Thanks!
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    @jugar thanks for your comments. I've had a stressful couple of weeks, so unfortunately have been going up. The gyms have opened up here again THANKFULLY. So, I'm booked in every day for half an hour strength training at lunchtime - I can't wait. I'll be back on track and moving back down towards goal. My pre-breakfast cycle has been going well also: 10 miles round trip every day down to the beach. This increase in exercise and leaving the house will help me be less stressed and reduce the stress-eating.

I've also dug out of storage some books which helped before with stress eating: Paul McKenna's 'I can make you think' and 'Freedom from emotional eating'. They're brilliant. As is the 'Big Book of Stress Relief Games'. Long term goals - reduce anxiety and stress.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Cerizez wrote: »
    LTD: +2 (gained 2)

Ah well, it happens! Just a quick note, though - the LTD should be the total you have lost since your very highest weight ever. This is how we catch milestones, so go from your highest, whether it is the MFP starting weight or not. Since you just started here recently, I wanted to make sure , and maybe that is already what you are doing - Thanks!

@jugar - I have amended my LTD here below. Thanks for the tip.

LTD:1
  • ells_runs
    ells_runs Posts: 99 Member
    rcm32gwqz3n6.jpg

Happy weekend Team ♥️
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Hi all, first week back in the office last week - learned some things...like how I turn to food from stress and finished my packed lunch and snacks by 11:20!! Ha, won't do that again. But I was very good about weighing and packing my food for each day. Indulged last night with a few too many calories and said that would be it but then had an opportunity to go out with mum who's not doing great with the limited social and we drove to a Polish market to buy a food gift, found things for us too and stopped for a great ice cream on the way home. Well worth the extra calories for a very nice treat for both of us. Now to haul myself back onto the wagon. @jugar by the way, the dry July has been good. I wonder how I was ever able to save those allotted calories for wine, I eat them all up. But looking forward too to a little summertime indulgence (white sangria & g&t & rose) come August :)
    Another hot stretch ahead, still a month of summer to get through, ugh.
  • jugar
    Saturday is rolling along like crazy! Good to hear from everyone.

@Terytha - WOWOWOWOWOW! You have lost 101 pounds. You must feel amazing. You get to rock the biggest, gaudiest, most over-the-top tiara this week! Shake that booty B)

@evangsimmons170 it is good you are getting a knee brace - it really helps prevent any twisting or sideways motion so that it can heal and get strong again. I had a bad knee injury a few years ago, and the brace for the first couple of weeks really helped. Then getting strong again helped even more! You got this.

@cerizez - I'm impressed with your gym AND the morning miles. Getting going early is helpful - I just wish I could make myself do it now that I'm retired! I was great about that while working, but now I figure as long as I get to it eventually, it doesn't matter when. Still, I'd waste a lot less time if I got exercise in first thing! Thanks also for the book recommendations - I hope a few people take a look at those. I have not read them, but I checked them out and they look helpful for stress relief, sleep, quitting smoking - all kinds of goals.

@ells_runs - those NUMBERS! You are leaving us all in the dust!!!

@eggfreak - your story about having ice cream with your mom is beautiful. Those are some calories totally worth enjoying!

OK - LAST CHANCE for this week's weigh-ins! Make sure they are here by first thing Sunday -
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff
    @evelynladams527
    @Steph1498
    @matthewsfive
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Fri Steps 9,801
    Workout 20 min elliptical
    Sat Steps 7,990
    Workout -15 min elliptical and 35 min MBFA

I have been doing well with my workouts but I haven't logged in two days.🤦‍♀️ I know my carbs have been high so I need to get back to logging.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Didn’t complete my log today. Gave myself the day off. Also didn’t wear my Fitbit for most of the day, charging then I forgot. Had dinner with my kids.

Hope you all had a good day. Week 5 starts tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.