WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for ideas today🤔

What are some good foods or meals for day trips and adventures?

What do I bring when I can't bring an ice chest?

PBJ's and chips are not super awesome on the calorie budget. Last summer this really tripped me up and I only maintained my weight. I want to do better this summer.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options

PBJ's and chips are not super awesome on the calorie budget. Last summer this really tripped me up and I only maintained my weight. I want to do better this summer.

These are our snacks for being on the water...
    Cheeze it & almonds in a baggie ( Goldfish work too, but I prefer Cheeze it's, I pre-measure)
    Beef jerky
    If it's a long day, I get those Jif to go, and put it on a slice Daves Killer Bread, it's yummy and super filling. It's messy though, but I'm on a vessel, so I have access to water.. LOL
    Hard boiled eggs ( I don't eat these, but the hubby does)
    Apples ( I'm not a fan of warm apples though, unless they are in a pie)

Sorry that's not much help, we don't go out on the water for more than 5 hours, so I can get by with just a snack

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Monday Steps - 7,369
    Exercise - planned rest day
    Food - HORRIBLE. Beyond horrible. I ate until I was stuffed and then ate more!!!! Combination of stress and PMS.

Today is a new day to get it together. I plan to workout and watch my carbs today.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Happy Birthday!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉

I don't have food suggestions that don't involve a cooler, sorry. That's definitely a hard one
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods I usually default to veggie wraps. Spinach or lettuce, cucumber, mushrooms, red peppers, water chestnuts... you can pack them full of veggies that don't need to be refrigerated, top with mustard or something, and pack them in a lunch box.
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I like almonds for road trips. Those 100 calorie packs are amazing. Or just throw a few in a small baggie.
    Also apples or oranges or tangerines taste great.
    Maybe just tweak last years favorite. The peanut butter itself isn’t too bad - you could get those single serve packets - I love PB&J but not the bread so these packets work for me.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Happy Birthday!! 🎉🎈🎂 wishing you all the best. Sounds like a great day and that ice cream treat...yum!

@Gidgitgoescrazy and @KellyBgetsfit I used a Facebook cream (at night) called Nerium. I have a friend who sells it. YOu can see a difference in 7 days, for real. It is very pricey, like close to $100. It lasted me about 2 and a half months though. I stopped using it because I lost my jo. I have also used Tula and Ordinary face serum with hyaluronic acid 2%..which I am now using. The later has helped me get rid of some unknown caused dermatitis.

I’ll check in lay Er my later my phone is acting up.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Happy belated birthday, @conleywoods . I hope you enjoyed your day!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @conleywoods - sounds like you had a super day.

Update for 20th July
    Steps - 7371
    Exercise - 33mins Tabata & 30min walk

Good night, everyone!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    See, I told you my phone was acting up. I do not wear Facebook cream. 🤣😂

I have almost 13,000 steps today. Took a walk early with two of my former coworkers. They got word yesterday that they have to go back to school in person. Lots to talk about there.

Kristi, hope you figure out some good lunches. I bet you will. You are so creative.

@KellyBgetsfit Don’t beat yourself up. We all have days like that. Hormones sure are powerful in driving those urges. Now, it’s a new day. You’ve got this.

I’ve been battling ants 🐜 all day in my kitchen. It’s been so bad lately. Every one I know near me is having problems. Grrrrr. I’m going to start eating them. 🤣 Probably already have.

My calories have been real good today and I’ve logged every crumb. 🤗
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Ants! They are supposed to be seriously yummy - my son and I went to Cambodia 3 years ago, and during one of our outings with a fantastic guide, we stopped by some trees, and the guide grabbed something from a tree, walked up to my son, and said "You like spicy? Try these!" and handed him a bunch of small ants. My son popped them right into his mouth and found them to be quite delicious! I was surprised he would try it, but he was ready for anything on that trip. So, @micki48 - give it a try. Spread them on the bread with peanut butter. Extra protein. :tongue: Sounds like you had a good walking talking session today - those are the best, right?

I had a great day for exercise, and am really glad I did. I did a 30 minute strength circuit, lots of stretching, walked to the mailbox (a good hilly couple of miles) and then took another walk after dinner up in the woods. My injured glute actually seems to like more exercise - I have re-started good old fashioned strength training, and it hurts less. So much for giving it some rest! It isn't any smaller or allowing me to lie on my back, but it feels a bit better.

For lunches, @conleywoods a lot of crunchy stuff like raw carrots and cukes do well without a cooler. Cherry tomatoes, pickles (don't laugh - they're great just in a ziploc bag - very satisfying with a big glug of water), dry cereal, dried fruits and nuts, etc. I'm sure you'll find a lot of good stuff! Have a great time.

A couple of weigh ins are due and will be due tomorrow ---
    @graceojo999
    @alexsandramorff
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

Thanks!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I like the Starkist flavored tuna or chicken pouches with wheat crackers or on a tortilla, topped with chopped veggies of choice (I prefer onion and cucumber).

There are also the shelf-stable Oscar Mayer P3 pre-made snack trays (they usually have a portion of nuts and jerky or other meat).
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 sorry to hear about your knee :/ I've injured my knee multiple times and it's such a pain, literally!

Something that might help is to consume high-collagen foods or supplements. Glucosamine is definitely a good one.

Hope you're able to heal well!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @jugar You have reminded me of a snack we made for our sons when they were little that we called "ants on a log" -- raisins stuck into peanut butter in a celery stick. But your son's tastes were obviously more adventurous!

@conleywoods We have found the mini Babybel cheese travels well without refrigeration.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Wow guys! Ask and you shall receive. So many great ideas for food. I was just stuck. You know some habits die hard 🤨 I ended the day at 1250 calories which was awesome for spending 7 hours at the lake. Did some paddle boarding and swimming. Burned a lot of calories kayaking! Unknown to me, my husband was hanging on the back of my boat and not one of the kids gave him away. It took me way too long to figure out what was going on.

@evangsimmons170 So glad the knee is doing better! Keep that momentum

@micki48 We have ants too! So silly

@jugar Nice job working out! That had to feel good.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Today I got my eating back on track. :)
    And we got that round of golf in finally. But it was our best scorecard this year so it was worth waiting for it! :)
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Happy Birthday !

I was sleeping so good this morning, but I got up and exercised... I haven't been doing my evening exercise, we got into this show on netflix and have been spending our evening binging that.. but we finished it last night, so I told hubby to find his own, because I wasn't going to start another one just yet...

I was doing some review of my weight loss over the past 10 months - it takes me about 4 months to lose 10lbs... Which is fine, I had one dr tell me to lose 10lbs year and I would keep it off better... I did this because the scale has not been my friend lately, but I also haven't been eating as well as I should.. I think my new goal will to get out of the 160's by August 31, which happens to be my 49th Bday- My last year in the 40's, so I'm gonna make this my last year in the 160's forever !!!! lol

I set my quit date for smoking, I picked August 1st.. So losing weight and quitting smoking, hefty goals, but I did it before, I can do it again...

It's hot here again today, they said it wouldn't be as hot as yesterday, but when I walked out the front door this morning it was like hitting a wall, so humid and still, I really dislike this kinda weather...

Anyway, Hope you have a great day !

• Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    This is day 5 or so since I started eating bananas for breakfast again and as long as I take magnesium in the evening, I'm not in pain. I don't pretend to understand, but I'm glad to be able to eat fruit again.

I've also started adding a little chocolate spread to them because bananas and chocolate are the best combo ever invented.

I had been ending my day at like 1100 calories some days so this seems like a solid way to bring me up to at least 1300, so I don't go too low or start eating extra dessert.
This discussion has been closed.