MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLES Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,627 Member
    Options
    @anido1 Welcome to the group! I'm also in CA, Sacramento area. Happy birthday! Tomorrow is a new day, you got this!

@Jactop by the quinoa is the one place I never would've thought of, thanks! It does make sense to use the Fitbit on the ankle, it drove me nuts at first because I love seeing my heart rate but it's usually wonky anyway so I'd rather have the steps.

@Tracey0088 Shoot, I don't have the link but look at the beginning of the month, @AustinRuadhain always does a post with the link in it in this thread, it'll be on the first or second page. Congratulations on the great weight loss! I think you mean as far as a deficit you stay under your calories as far as eating. For example on the webpage of MFP you go into the red when you go over the calories. That red bugs me even if it's wrong! With your Fitbit do you have it linked to MFP? If so, you'll get a calorie adjustment and get more calories for your steps. It's up to you if you want to eat them back or not. Just a head's up, I was given 1200 calories which is low and was biking 2 hours a day and not eating them back, after 5 months I was an exhausted mess until I started eating half of the calories back which made a huge difference in energy and workouts. That was pre-Fitbit too and MFP overestimates for biking, Fitbit is a better guide to go by at least in my experience. I've never adjusted my macros on here but on the webpage I know you can change the inputs I think under settings or goals, not sure off-hand how. I'm willing to talk to you but I'm not very technical, I kind of bumble along and get lucky or else my technology breaks, embarrassing being the daughter of a computer engineer but comes in handy since my dad can fix anything! If you'd like to talk I think you need to send me a friend request to message one another, that's the best way to send a phone number.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, belly dancing, hip hop, Fitness Marshall, Kundalini yoga, heart chakra meditation, earth energy healing, foam rolling, stretching/yoga/splits
    Water- awesome!

Cardio 30 minutes- done
    Abs/arms- didn't feel like doing, I'm not feeling arm weightlifting lately which is dumb since weight-lifting is the most visible difference in my body. I miss my leg muscles!
    Yoga- done
    Steps- 14,000

Not much new. I'm doing good with the new diet but almost panicked when I didn't know what I'd dip my artichokes in without mayo! Turns out (my new fav condiment) Trader Joe's pepita salsa is awesome on anything. I'd probably even like raw celery dipped in it and I hate raw celery! I'm struggling with the decision to take the next step and axe coffee, nightshades, onions, garlic, eggs. I don't want to since I don't have a ton of things to eat and love those, I'll see how my body responds this next week. I REALLY like doing earth energy meditation under the oak tree in the sun on the lawn with bare feet then picking and eating sun-ripened tomatoes. It would stink not to be able to eat my harvest!
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Tracey0088 wrote: »
    My fitness pal isn’t converting my macronutrients 50-20-30 for carbs-fats-protein. It has the 20-30 backwards in my food diary.
    When you're on the home page click on the Me icon in the bottom right hand corner. Click on Update Goals. Scroll down to Calorie, Carb, Pro, Fat goals and you can change your macros there.

Here's the info for the step challenge. The mods always post lots of info on the first page of this thread if you're feeling lost.

Once You Are Set Up, you can view the Slimpossibles Step Challenge league at any time using this link, Slimpossibles Weekly Step Challenge
    You can also download the Fitrockr app for your iPhone or Android and keep up with your personal profile and your team challenge

Nice loss! Congratulations on getting to Onderland! You're off to a great start!
  • Tracey0088
    Tracey0088 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Tuesday check in

Hey gang! Did a little reading this evening, also did some job hunting and applying....balance, balance... => Food is going well - not fabulous, but well enough to feel good about it. Trying to not eat into the deficit calories but I think I am on many days by about 50-150. I'm righting myself from a wicked week or some more so I am counting this as a win. Exercise is holding steady, over 10,000 steps the majority of days. Water and sleep - down! I'm not really gaining any ground here from mediocre effort.

So glad to see new members coming in! And @buniphuphu so awesome to see old friends! @Cornanda @GretchenReine and @MommaGemz you guys are leading the most important conversation there is for the journey, IMO - how do I talk to myself? How do I do that in a more productive way so that I can not get in my own way? How do I interrupt the negative chatter? I applaud you all - first step is asking the questions and keep asking, and Slims helping each other talk it out. Great job!! =>

Not exactly caught up but happy to drop in before going to bed....early(ier)!!!!!!

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in:

PW (7/1/2020): 298.0
    Weigh-in (7/8/2020): 288.8
    Weigh-in (7/15/2020): 291.0
    Weigh-in (7/22/2020): 289.6
    Weigh-in (7/29/2020): 290.6
    Weigh-in (8/1/2020):
    LTD: 7.4

I paid for the weekend...but I knew I would. It's ok. I got back on the "no sweets" horse on Monday and haven't had them. I still haven't had sodas all month...which has been hard some days. Just a few more days of the month to see what my final number for July is. Overall...I'm still proud of myself for what I've done this month...and I'm not normally one to be proud of myself...ever!
  • Tracey0088
    Tracey0088 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is a very motivating read for me! 1455 calories is my BMR yet 2135 calories is my calorie need based on walking 4x week. I set my calorie goal at 1600 cal per day. Does this mean a net calorie loss of 535 a day? Am I eating enough at 1600 cal a day? Does the macronutrients of 50% carb, 20% Fat, 30% Protein sound ok? I am over on my fats most days but not terribly....like by 5-10%. I want to get this part of my self care right. I’ve never put this much effort into losing meaning macros. Thank you in advanced to all who help me square this up in my head.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @anido1 @buniphuphu Welcome!

@Cornanda Thank you! I could use them! :)

@Katmary71 The earth energy meditations under the oak tree in the sun followed by picking/eating ripe tomatoes sounds so lovely.

@GretchenReine You should be proud of your efforts. You've put up a good fight and keep fighting for it.

@Tracey0088 I'm afraid I have no advice for you on your macros but I wanted to say WELCOME!

Hello everyone. Yesterday was pretty good, my WW points were over but I'm still within my points for the week so it's all good. I went for my daily walk in the morning, I finished my audiobook I was listening to. I started a new one from the library. I also drank enough liquids.

Monday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Tracey0088 @anido1 @LynnJ9 and @GabiV125 - And welcome back @buniphuphu

@anido1 - Don't stress yourself. Every day is a brand new day to stay on plan. 👍
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Another new Slimpossible! There is going to be a lot of "let's get this going" energy in here this coming month, I can tell! @harrismary225 is ready to roll and will be along shortly!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    FYI - still issues with the Fitrockr not updating steps. I just went in on my desktop and 11 out of 15 people (including me) had 0 steps.

I did hit Fetch Data and it updated my steps so far this week, so just remember to check in by the end of the weekend if you want them to count!! ;)
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Team @harrismary225 ! I can't imagine the pain you've been going through. This team is very supportive and caring, so if you're having a rough day - we're here for you! <3
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine -- I think 7.4 pounds down is a nice reward for all the hard work you did this month. And you're not even finished yet! Congrats!

@harrismary225 - ditto what MommaGemz said. I was struggling to figure out what to say to you.... my heart goes out to you.

Wed is going OK. Got a long walk in. Staying on track with food. Scale still looking bad. We'll see how it looks Friday and go from there.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Slimpossibles! There is a lot of love out there for F2F and the new members are flowing in. Two more for you, and maybe more to come - it's only Wednesday :smiley:@Kelley0519 and @kingtika12 Welcome!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hello! My name is Mary. I live in Alabama. I’m 25 and I’ve struggled with weight all my life. My current weight is 274.6 and my goal weight is 150. I am happily married. We don’t have any kids. We lost our beautiful daughter when I was 30 weeks due to a cord accident in April. I have dedicated myself to loosing weight obviously to be more healthy and to focus on something while my heart heals. Plus when we get pregnant again, I would like to be in the best shape possible.

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through, you're obviously a very strong woman. It's wonderful to have you in the group!
This discussion has been closed.